I Bit the Bullet...

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

... and bought a Nutribullet!  After the surplus of kale this year at farmer's markets, I decided I needed to do more with it than just let it sit in my refrigerator and wilt away.  After an attempt to try and make a green smoothie in my current blender, it wasn't too great.  My current blender left good sized pieces of kale throughout the smoothie, and left a lot to be desired.

So, I began to research the different kinds of blenders out there that would do a better job of making a smoothie than my current blender.  What I found out was that there was a huge price difference between the higher end blenders, and the lower end.

However, I watched this video of two ladies who were comparing the taste and value of two blenders - the Vitamix, and the Nutribullet.  The Vitamix runs about $400.00 upwards, depending on how many bells and whistles you think you need to have, and then there is the Nutribullet, which varies in price from $79.00 to up to $200.00 at some stores.




After watching this video, I was markedly impressed that the Nutribullet would be the best bang for my dollar, especially if it was able to come close to blending the smoothie ingredients as well as the Vitamix.

Soo... I purchased my Nutribullet at Costco for a reasonable price of $79.99.

NutriBullet® Deluxe 14-piece Blender Set with Extractor Blade'

14-piece Set Includes:
  • High-torque Power Base
  • 1 Extractor Blade
  • 1 Milling Blade
  • 1 Oversized Cup
  • 1 Tall Cup
  • 2 Short Cups
  • 1 Handled Lip Ring
  • 1 Regular Lip Ring
  • 1 Flip-top To-go Lid
  • 2 Stay-fresh Resealable Lids
  • User Manual & Cookbook
  • Pocket Nutritionist
  • Added value: Natural Healing Foods Book


One feature that I really like about this Nutribullet is that I can make the smoothie, add a lid to it, and drink the smoothie straight from the cup that it was blended in, which saves any additional cleanup, and makes it easier to go with! 

So far, I have been playing around with different recipes and every day my "green smoothie" tastes different!  I use kale or greens such as spinach, argula, swiss chard, or whatever greens I can get at our local farmer's market as my base, usually about 2 cups or handfuls.  Then I add whatever fresh or frozen fruit I have on hand, such as strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, peaches, bananas, pineapple, cherries etc.  Then I add about 1-2 cups liquid, either in the form of orange juice, almond milk, or coconut milk, along with 1 tsp of vanilla, and 1 Tbsp chia seeds.  

This seems to result in a wonderful green smoothie that I can take with me, and drink throughout the morning, knowing that I am getting a great start to my day with all the fresh veggies and fruits.  

I have also noticed a marked difference in my appetite.  I am not as hungry throughout the day, and some days only have to eat one meal after drinking the smoothie.  

Today I tried adding an avocado to the greens, and it was awesome!  

So, if you haven't jumped on the green smoothie bandwagon yet, it might be time to give it a try.  It is a great way to get your fruits and veggies all in one big swallow!!! 

Post a Comment

Your comments are blessings to me, and I appreciate each and every one, they are precious to me! I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog... this is what makes blogging worthwhile! Have a blessed day!

Labels

alpaca Annie apple pie apron baking bible study tea Big Shot birthday blessings blooms bone broth book book review bread camping Canada canning Charity Gayle Chicken and dumplings chicken fajitas chickens Christmas cinnamon tea comfort food cookbook coyote crocus cross Dad visit dandelion tea death Debt free deer devotion digital scrapbooking dill pickles dog dress dried raspberry leaves Easter Edna Moseley eggs elderberry syrup Ellgreave. face masks fall familycookbookproject fire flu flu remedy fog Foxwood Tea House game camera garden garden bluebird garden tea party gardening giveaway Gram greenhouse handmade blouse Handmade Club harvest hike homemade bread homemade tortillas homemade vanilla extract Homer Laughlin hummingbirds hurricane hyacinth inspirational inspirational post iron skillet biscuits January 2013 jelly joy keto kombucha light llama logging love story Lucky the Elephant miracle Mister Simba moose Mother's Day Mountains MTS Photography mudslide music video Northern Lights orange orange vinegar spray Paintbrush Cookies painting peace PEI photography Pico de gallo pie crust plums poem poetry praise prayer Prince Edward Island pumpkin pie puppy kiss rainbow recipe recipes red barn resurrection Riley robin Roger Rose Hips roses scallop die scripture journal season seasons seed starting sewing she-shed skies snake snow song sourdough spain spring springter squirrel Star of Bethlehem storm storms suffering summer sunflower sunflowers sunrise sunset sunshine tea tea exchange tea house Tea party tea time Tea Time Magazine teacup teacup exchange teapot texas Thanksgiving Through Love's Eyes tiramisu tomatoes travel Tribute Tulips turkey turkey soup turkeys Turnbull Wildlife Refuge video walk walk the dogs walking wedding wildlife winter wolf zucchini