Springtime Peeks and Joys

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Springtime really is here... and while there are lots of birds flying around, these precious birds showed up in my mailbox!


Shirley and Ashleigh, a precious mother and daughter who have become such dearly loved friends of mine... were making these gorgeous little birdies, and I was making these teacup bookmarks... so we exchanged our handmade goodies through the mail.


Simply adorable, and the lovely hand stitching is just amazing!





The little birdies came with pins to attach them to your shirt.


They are soo adorable!  I was so thrilled to be the recipient of these beautiful little birdie pins!  The beautiful cards I received from Shirley and Ashleigh were so delightful too... a happy mail exchange indeed!


With the arrival of the precious little birdies "by mail"... it coincided with the beautiful promise of spring arriving.  I stopped to visit my friend GT in town whose flower beds were spreading the joy of spring.


Glorious red tulips adorning her wakening flower beds...


Is there anything more lovely than the happy faces of tulips in the spring?


Gorgeous pink hyacinths blooming too... their intoxicating fragrance filling the air.


The royally beautiful grape hyacinths added this deep shade of blue to the landscape. Since we just moved into our home late last summer, I have not had a chance to plant such beauties in my yard. This year, that will change!  GT gifted me with some of her flowers and bulbs from her yard, and hopefully next spring some of these lovely beauties will be popping up in my very own garden!



A walk in the woods enjoying the lush greenness abounding.. when we saw this snag tree full of holes, it was pretty amazing to see.  Usually you see one or two holes, but apparently this old dead tree held lots of food for some wild animal to eat over the winter.


This past week we celebrated our son's 18th birthday.  The party was held outside.  We had huge piles of brush that were burned and the kids enjoyed the bonfires.

Our daughter turned 20, and our son 18 within the past month... our kids are on the edge of the family nest, about to take off and fly...  and as a mother I can tell you that there is a bittersweet joy in this experience!  We are so proud of our wonderful children, and yet sad - wondering where the years went with the little pitter-pattering of feet, delightful chatter, and spilt milk clean-ups.  But... we must look forward, and not spend too much time gazing backwards, because I want to enjoy every part of the journey of life we are on, and not miss any of the joys that come because of the season we are in today.


More hikes in the woods... enjoying the incredible outdoors around us.


Hiking with a friend and their dog... he found some water, and the joy on his face was contagious... I think we all wished we were a dog just for a minute... able to take a splash and keep on going, no need for a change of clothes, lol... just a quick shake and on to the next exciting adventure!


And some days I wish I had the life of a cat.... {smiles}... they can find the happiest napping spots just about anywhere.. even in the middle of the driveway if needed...lol!


Mr. Rudy and Momma Mia enjoying the sweet taste of spring grass.


He's a handsome fella and he knows it!


... and always telling everyone just how great he is! Male ego... he's got lots of it!


Lovey purplish-blue phlox wildflowers bursting forth in their glory... these flowers grow low to the ground, and their beauty is subtle, gentle, and sweet.


This beautiful spreading phlox that is growing wild everywhere in our yard.. gorgeous is an understatement!


I am wondering if I dug some up and planted in my flower beds if they would grow... I have no idea, but I am going to try it and see :)  They are so beautiful!


My neighbor's horse, Jaz... peering at me from across the fence as I worked in our garden... I think she was hoping for a snack or two, but since she is on a strict diet, she got some loving pats and scratches instead :)

This is just a peek inside my world right now... it is a busy place.  My time allotted for blogging is very slim right now... and I do hope to find some time this weekend to visit my dear blogging friends and say hello... but for now... spring is a very busy time around here and my visits and posts will be somewhat sporadic.  Much love to all of you, and I hope that spring is springing forth in your world today too!


42 comments

  1. OH, how I love those birds, so sweet. Your pictures of nature were so enjoyable, I was amazed with the holes in that tree. What kind of animal does that? Have a great day, I enjoyed my visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary, your words are so kind! I really don't know what kind of bird or animal may have made those holes, I wonder perhaps if it is a woodpecker, but I can't be sure. Appreciate your visit so much :)

      Delete
  2. I'm just lovin' that Mr. Rudy!

    ;-}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is quite a character for sure! Appreciate your visit as always!

      Delete
  3. My darling Marilyn,
    I've been blessed by the same wonderful gifts made by Shirley and her lovely daughter Ashleight, the little birds they have hand stitched are real works of art, I'm so very proud to wear my blue birdie ( the rose one is Mom's ) !

    Hope you're having a wonderful Spring, Sweetest One, I'm sending blessings of joy on your weekend ahead,
    with my dearest love and gentle hugs

    Dany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't the little birds lovely! They are so precious to me, and I'm so thankful to be the recipients of them :) Thank you for your sweet spring wishes, and hoping that spring is beautiful for you today :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful photos! Cute little birds too. Do you have any idea what made the big holes in the tree? That is how one of my apple trees looks! I don'the know what did it, never saw anything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne for your sweet words, I do appreciate that. After doing some research, it does appear that woodpeckers are usually the cause for holes in dead trees.

      Hope you are having a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful photos, as usual! I love the one of the horse, especially! So pretty and noble-looking. :) I hope things slow down for you soon, and trust all is well in your corner. So thankful you enjoyed the birthday celebrations with your dear children. They do grow up so fast, it just makes my heart ache to think of how quickly it all goes, because time is a thief and robs of so much. Thank God, there is a better world than this, where we will never grow old or have to say good-bye to cherished loved ones or experience such deep heartache. Heaven will surely be worth it all. Sending you much love and many blessings, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl for your sweet and gracious words as always, such a dear you are! And the words you say so true, heaven really will be worth it all, and life here is so short, but making the most of every moment we have is what is really important. Appreciate you so much, and praying for the Lord's richest blessings in your life!

      Delete
  6. Hello Dear Friend, really very sweet little birds and a treasure of a gift also. Your flowers are all so pretty! I enjoyed all the updates on your home front and your sons birthday! May you have a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roxy, the sweet birds delivered in my mailbox were a very special sort! :) I appreciate your visit and sweet words, and hope you are having a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  7. Hello, It shows that teach the Younger Women Blog is not found? Let me know if she has a new address! Thanks, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has decided to go offline for now Roxy. She still has her email address so if you would like to contact her, you can do so that way :)

      Delete
  8. Hello to you... Yes Spring time is such a busy time, isn't it? I love all the flowers and the vibrant colors they bring. What a sweet little treasure you received through the mail. Those birdies are sure cute.
    Happy Birthday to your son!
    Its been busy here, we planted the inside of our greenhouse. And been doing yard work. My hubby pulled our 5th wheel in the shop today, so we can start cleaning it and getting it ready for next month. Camping season is almost here and I am ready! ;)

    Enjoy your weekend!
    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Amy for your kind birthday wishes for my son... hard to believe how fast those years pass! It is a busy time of year and planting in your greenhouse sounds wonderful! The yard work here never ends... pine tree limbs... sigh! Camping sounds like so much fun, and I will look forward to hearing about your trip. Have a blessed weekend!

      Delete
  9. Those pins are simply adorable! I love your rooster...he does look rather pleased with himself. ;) What wonderful things you discovered on your walk and you are right about the look on your friend's dog's face. Happy Birthday to your son! I do understand those bittersweet feelings. ((((HUGS))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the sweet birthday wishes! I hope you are having a blessed week! :)

      Delete
  10. How wonderful to see a post from you, but don't we all understand when times arise that we must tend to other things in life and our blogging community must slow down a bit. It's all okay.:-)
    I absolutely adore your Mr. Rudy! Yes, he certainly does know He is handsome, but, he is.
    Shirley and her dear daughter Ashleigh gifted me with one of those precious birdies, and I agree with you, the stitching is gorgeous. A real treasure to have for sure.
    Awe...the empty nest syndrome has its beauty , yet, can be a very sad time. Sigh...it was hard when our youngest, Stephanie, left for collage, but soon it became a second honeymoon for my husband and I. God's grace carried us through that time.

    The Lord bless you, dear friend.
    Love and Hugs~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't the birdies just gorgeous! Ah yes, the empty nest syndrome is the next stage for us, thank you for sharing your experiences with me! It sounds like it might be like that for my husband and I too :) Appreciate your words of hope and encouragement! Much love to you today!

      Delete
  11. Ohhhhh how I understand about having a child ready to fly the nest...sigh...I wish ...well...never mind...like you said, bittersweet.

    What lovely photos and Happy Birthday to your son. Have a beautiful day, friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is bittersweet isn't it! I'm learning to enjoy the stages we are in and the Lord is so gracious! Thank you for your sweet words, I appreciate them :) Have a blessed week!

      Delete
  12. What a lovely post full of photos and updates. Spring is a busy time of year, followed by summer, and blogging often takes a back seat for me too. I love the framed rooster photo. He sure is proud looking. Spring weather is slow coming here and since it is almost May I hope that it will improve. It's very cold and windy but the sun is nice. Have a blessed weekend Marilyn. Enjoy the outdoors and spring's beauty. Hugs. Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your kind words, I always love it when people enjoy my photos, I know you understand that too :) Rudy sure is enjoying the spring weather, as we all are! Hope that spring is coming your way too! :)

      Delete
  13. Isn't this such a lovely time of year, with so many blooms and blossoms appearing.
    The birds are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do so love spring... it is quite the joyous time of year indeed! Glad that you are seeing delights of spring in your garden now too! :)

      Delete
  14. Photos are outstanding. I especially enjoyed the tulips, phlox, the horse and the rooster! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures, it is a joy to share them here with all of you! Hope your week has been blessed :)

      Delete
  15. Beautiful pictures! The tulips and pink hyacinth were my favorite. I understand how there is either little or no time for blogging. It is nice to hear from you whenever you have time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for understanding Ronda... it seems spring is quite a busy time around here, as I've been busy in the garden and outside. Thank you for the sweet comment about the pictures, I'm glad you enjoy them :)

      Delete
  16. Wonderful post. Spring does bring about a whole different set of activities. Those tulips sure are pretty. Loved the sweet little bird pins. - Also your chickens. That rooster sure is strutting his stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ida... spring is so much fun isn't it! And I think Rudy sure knows that he is handsome, lol! Hope you are enjoying lovely spring moments in your area too :)

      Delete
  17. A lovely peek into your life! That carpet phlox is a wonderful ground over and will do very well at the edge of a flowerbed. Mine is just getting ready to bloom now as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've gots lots of it growing in my yard, so I will take your advice and transplant some of it! Always happy to have you visit! :)

      Delete
  18. Those birds are just the sweetest! Of course, your birds are my favorite! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim... I agree! Hope you are having a lovely week! :)

      Delete
  19. How sweet are those birds that arrived by mail! They are very cute!!! I guess spring has arrived with all your beautiful flowers!! It's slowly arriving here too, crap apple blossoms are about to pop and leaves are tiny but coming! Spring is in the air....as always I get a kick out of your Mr. Rudy and in defense of his male ego, he is rather handsome, but don't tell him I told you so!! Enjoy doing your spring activities, blogging can wait!
    Xo
    LINDA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, spring is here, and we are really enjoying it! I will certainly not let Mr. Rudy know... these male egos can really get out of hand, lol! Appreciate your visit, and hope that spring has come to your world! :)

      Delete
  20. How sweet are those birds that arrived by mail! They are very cute!!! I guess spring has arrived with all your beautiful flowers!! It's slowly arriving here too, crap apple blossoms are about to pop and leaves are tiny but coming! Spring is in the air....as always I get a kick out of your Mr. Rudy and in defense of his male ego, he is rather handsome, but don't tell him I told you so!! Enjoy doing your spring activities, blogging can wait!
    Xo
    LINDA

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks like you are really having fun with the blogging and yes, kids grow up so fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The seasons of life always seem to move faster than we realize, I think! Hope that the spring season has come to your part of the world :)

      Delete
  22. Lovely post. :-)
    My son Sam has a birthday in April. My son Atticus has a birthday in May. My husband and I will celebrate our 19th wedding anniversary on the 31st of May.
    Spring is a fun time around here.
    I loved the birds, so sweet.
    I enjoyed your post, thank you for sharing from your heart.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to me, and I appreciate each and every one, they are precious to me! I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog... this is what makes blogging worthwhile! Have a blessed day!

Labels

alpaca Annie apple pie apron baking bible study tea Big Shot birthday blessings blooms bone broth book book review bread camping Canada canning Charity Gayle Chicken and dumplings chicken fajitas chickens Christmas cinnamon tea comfort food coyote crocus cross Dad visit dandelion tea death Debt free deer devotion digital scrapbooking dill pickles dog dress dried raspberry leaves Easter Edna Moseley eggs elderberry syrup Ellgreave. face masks fall familycookbookproject fire flu flu remedy fog Foxwood Tea House game camera garden garden bluebird garden tea party gardening giveaway Gram greenhouse handmade blouse Handmade Club harvest hike homemade bread homemade tortillas homemade vanilla extract Homer Laughlin hummingbirds hurricane hyacinth inspirational inspirational post iron skillet biscuits January 2013 jelly joy keto kombucha light llama logging love story Lucky the Elephant miracle Mister Simba moose Mother's Day Mountains MTS Photography mudslide music video Northern Lights orange orange vinegar spray Paintbrush Cookies painting peace PEI photography Pico de gallo pie crust plums poem poetry praise prayer Prince Edward Island pumpkin pie puppy kiss rainbow recipe recipes red barn resurrection Riley robin Roger Rose Hips roses scallop die scripture journal season seasons seed starting sewing she-shed skies snake snow song sourdough spain spring springter squirrel Star of Bethlehem storm storms suffering summer sunflower sunflowers sunrise sunset sunshine tea tea exchange tea house Tea party tea time Tea Time Magazine teacup teacup exchange teapot texas Thanksgiving Through Love's Eyes tiramisu tomatoes travel Tribute Tulips turkey turkey soup turkeys Turnbull Wildlife Refuge video walk walk the dogs walking wedding wildlife winter wolf zucchini