Summer's Recap

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

I wanted to update you on my family in Texas, and Hurricane Harvey.  I am very thankful to report that all of my family are fine.  My sister and her family did evacuate for the landing of the hurricane.  They went back home on Monday to no electricity, but to a home that was intact and safe.  They have no power but have plenty of food and water.  I visited with her today, and they are experiencing severe flooding in their neighborhood, and are pretty much blocked in, but so far, no water in their home.

Our hearts and prayers are with all of those in Texas who are enduring such terrible hardships because of the hurricane.  So many sad stories of people who are going through so much as the flooding is just devastating the city of Houston, and yet so many incredible stories of bravery, and people going out of their way to help their fellow man.

I read today of a man who owns a furniture store who opened his store to anyone who could get there, and they would have food and a bed for them to sleep in.  It is amazing to see the people of Houston come together and work to help each other in the midst of this terrible tragedy... and that brings great hope to my heart... to see the generosity of the American people helping each other in time of need.

We are still in dire need of rain here in the northwest, even as we watch the flooding waters in the southwest, but one thing that really stands out to me is that whatever the weather systems may bring us... it gives me hope to see men and women reaching out to their neighbors, helping them in any way they can, putting themselves in the line of danger to try and help each other... and it is a wonderful thing to see.  Our thoughts and prayers are with all of those who are suffering with these massive flood waters.

I was reading today that in South Asia in the countries of Nepal, Bangladesh and India the monsoons there have killed 1200 people, and displaced millions.  So many, many hurting hearts in our world!  I pray for them all!

~~~~~~~

With my maple tree rapidly turning red, days getting shorter, nights getting colder... and squirrels busily working to stock their food for the winter, we know that fall is here, regardless of what the calendar says!  Shrubs are turning colors, and my chickens are starting to molt.  The signs of the times point to a season change, even if we have another month or so before it is official.

With the end of summer drawing to a close, I wanted to recap some of our summer adventures that I had no time to write about while we enjoyed the summery days...


A local town holds a logging festival every year, and watching the loggers compete is always a highlight.  The man on the hewn log plank had to use an ax to cut a wedge in the tree to place in his plank,which he then used to stand on to complete cutting the top of this tree.  This 70+ man was up against other much younger men using only an ax, but he beat them by a few seconds, truly an amazing feat to watch!  The old saying "they don't make 'em like they used to" seemed to ring true here! This man was truly amazing to watch his skill up against other much younger men.


Some of the first bounty that began rolling out of my garden in early August.  I've not had to buy fresh produce since the middle of July, my garden has produced it all!


Before the fires and smoke took over our area, my husband and I took a Sunday drive with Riley.  We found a quiet little creek to explore.


The quaint path down to the creek.


The water looks muddy here, but it was sparkling and clear, with a rocky bottom.  We had fun exploring the creek and letting Riley swim.  We did not come prepared to swim, so we just found a spot to sit with our feet in the water, and watched Riley splash around.  What a relaxing afternoon we had!



My dear friend T lives right on the river with this beach, so many times this summer we spent the afternoon at her house swimming in the river.


Fresh broccoli out of the garden... these are the main heads, and the side heads will continue to produce until frost, an abundance of yumminess!


I've really enjoyed hanging my clothes out on our clothesline this summer.  It is more work, but we love the smell of the sun-dried clothes.  However, maybe one of you has a suggestion for how to keep the clothes from getting so wrinkled?  Also the towels and facecloths are quite rough.  I tried washing them with a vinegar rinse, but still they are rough... could it be because of our hard water? I don't know... but regardless, while the summer sun is out, we will enjoy saving $$ by hanging our clothes out to dry... but the family is protesting a bit because of the hard, rough and wrinkled clothing coming off the line... lol!


Our local county fair was a delight, and we enjoyed walking around and looking at all the displays.  I thought this display of the cuts of meat on a cow were interesting.


The top quilt won the grand champion for the fair for its design and handwork.



The zucchini and squash in the garden are prolific this year!  I cut up both the zucchini and yellow squash, blanch them (dunk them in boiling water for a 1 minute, then cold water bath them) and then I freeze them.  We like to eat squash throughout the winter.


I've found that I can melt a tablespoon or so of butter in an iron skillet, add the mixed zucchini and squash, along with a bit of Mrs. Dash seasoning and a large sprinkle of brewer's yeast (this gives it great flavor), let it simmer until tender, and it is almost as good as it is right out of the garden.  This really helps to supplement our vegetable intake during the winter, and that is great, because squash is definitely a very prolific vegetable in the garden!  I also shred up zucchini and freeze it in 2 cup freezer bags, and this is nice to have on hand to make zucchini bread or cake during the winter as well.


Annie and Riley sharing a rare quiet moment together.


A happy red daisy blooming in my garden.


A peek at my happily growing garden. The zucchini and yellow squash are in the foreground, with corn and sunflowers in the background.


The marigolds are blooming amidst my tomatoes, and the bees are happily swarming inside my greenhouse... they love the marigolds, and visit my tomatoes and peppers after being drawn by the marigolds.  I heavily mulched with straw because our soil drains so quickly that even after watering heavily in the morning, the soil feels bone dry by noon.  The straw helps to hold in extra moisture.


Profusions of marigolds... oh how I love their happy faces!


Pumpkins are growing abundantly as well... we are looking forward to homemade pumpkin pies for Thanksgiving :)  These are Amish pie pumpkins.


Cabbage is growing steadily along, we should have a head or two ready before long.


Another peek at my Garden-Within-A-Garden... oh how I love this little space of mine! It is a quiet, peaceful and tranquil place to go....



My little wagon, a rescue from the dump.. is blooming happily away.


My rose begonia is gorgeous, I love its beautiful shimmery blooms.


A walk in the woods with the three dogs... we are amazed to see the shrubs already beginning to turn colors.


Roger is one happy boy out in the woods exploring.


Annie loves the woods too, and we let her off the leash for a short while, and she behaved very well. She has a tendency to chase her own trails, but she stayed right with us.  Perhaps she has learned her lesson?


We had a 94% eclipse here.  It darkened just a little as the moon overshadowed the sun, but we did not experience complete darkness.  It was a very neat experience though, and I was so glad my husband was home to experience it with me.


A pensive Miss Riley who now likes to sit atop the picnic table as her vantage point to survey the yard.


I think this is one of my favorite pictures I've taken of Miss Riley, what an expressive face she has.


These hanging baskets outside my windows bring great joy for me to see the happy hummingbirds who love drinking from the feeders and the flowers.


Homemade dill pickles using cucumbers out of my garden...


Homemade sourdough bread... finally it has cooled off a bit to where I feel like baking again!


And finally, I know fall is here when our resident Steller Jay shows back up at the bird feeders.  He spends quite a bit of time on this perch, and is letting us know he is here with his loud calls.  He is alone this time, and I wonder where his mate might be.

Well, I have quite a few more pictures to share, but will save those for another post, as this one has gone on and on and on!  I've been staying busy keeping up with the produce coming from the garden, and I'm thankful every day for the bounty we've been gathering and eating.  As I hear of the tragedy happening to our fellow Americans with the hurricane, I continue to pray and lift them up in prayer in the midst of this terrible event that continues to unfold day by day.


51 comments

  1. Happy to hear your sister and her family are safe. It is so hard to imagine the suffering and struggles that so many are facing in Texas. We have family in Dallas so they are far from the turmoil. You are enjoying quite a nice bounty in your neck of the woods. I have quite an abundance of pears from one tree that I'm quickly trying to give away. Thankfully my dil cans so I'll take a good amount over to her. A bluejay was squawking on my roof today, too. We'll be closer to your part of the world for Labor Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a wonderful season of bounty for us in the garden. Love this time of year! Enjoy your family this weekend!! Hugs :)

      Delete
  2. Good evening, my sweet friend! Oh, how I enjoyed catching up with you! While your garden is your slice of heaven {which I can see why} your post was like a slice of heaven for me {{smiles}}

    Your garden is truly amazing and oh-so-bountiful! What a blessing, my friend, and I'm sure the rewards of your labor are very tasty.

    The river is such a pretty little spot and I can just imagine how delightful it was to spend many summer days there swimming. How I would have LOVED to have joined you and your friend.

    Thank you from the very bottom of my heart for sharing such lovely photos. Thinking of you, dear one. Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy that you enjoyed visit my little piece of heaven on earth :) I truly have been enjoying my garden so much this year, and we have enjoyed many afternoons swimming too... summer is drawing to a close, but we have surely enjoyed it all! Appreciate your visit so much, blessings and hugs to you :)

      Delete
  3. I'm glad your family in Texas are safe. As a woman living in a suburban subdivision in the desert on a lot that doesn't have enough space for a garden as the pool takes up most of the yard, I really enjoyed seeing this slice of country life you have portrayed in this post. (Whew! That was a long sentence!) Looks like a great way to live. I wish I could experience the country life, but I don't see it happening as my kids and grandkids are all here where I live. Have fun eating all those wonderful fresh vegetables!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you stopped by for a visit Joanie! I apologize for my late response, harvest time is busy around here :) I understand how hard it would be for you to have a garden where you live! It is a blessing to live around your kids and grandkids though! Appreciate your visit, and hope to get to know you better :) Hugs!

      Delete
  4. Oh, I would have loved it if you had gone on and on and on some more! It was so interesting seeing all of the loveliness from your corner of the world! Your garden is just abundant and so beautiful, and your little garden inside the garden looks like a place I could go and stay for a long time! How wonderful it would be to just sit with you and talk for hours...I would cherish every moment. We have SO much to catch up on and talk about, and I am hoping we can do that soon...not that it could be in your little garden, but by phone. Hopefully, the Lord will make a way soon. That little Riley is really getting big and just so beautiful!! I am SO thankful God is sparing your dear family and keeping all of your loved ones and their homes safe! Oh, He is SO good, right in the midst of the trials of life. My heart just breaks for the ones who are misplaced and have lost their homes or loved ones. Oh, it is just heart-wrenching. It was so wonderful to visit with you tonight, my dear, sweet friend. Sending lots of love and hugs to you across the many miles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is so sweet of you Cheryl! I'm glad you enjoyed all the pictures I shared, and I do so very much wish we could sit down in my little garden and visit, pray and talk, and pray some more! There sure is lots to pray about with all that is happening in the world around us! Keeping you and your family in our prayers, and yes, we are so thankful for the protection of the Lord with the first hurricane, and continuing to pray about the next one advancing upon us. With love and hugs back to you, across the miles!

      Delete
  5. Its always a pleasure to visit you, Marilyn. Your photos are always so bright and full of life. smiles

    Have a beautiful upcoming weekend, friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, it always brings a smile to my face to see you visit me too! Hugs and blessings :)

      Delete
  6. I enjoyed looking at your lovely pictures from the summer recap. Love that wagon with those pretty flowers. Our family and church has been bathing Texas in our prayers. So glad your family is okay my friend. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thankful for your visit Cindy, it has been a full and wonderful summer! Appreciate the prayers for everyone in hurricane territory.. it is turning into quite a crazy time! With love and hugs to you dear friend!

      Delete
  7. What a nice recap of your summer! In the northeast, we are just starting to get those cool mornings and evenings. I love Fall, but I want to hold on to summer a little longer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, me too AnnMarie! I love summer, and being outdoors and just enjoying the sunshine... ! But... it is time for the next season change, now we just need some rain!

      Delete
  8. I am happy your family was unharmed by Harvey.

    Your garden abundance is wonderful, Marilyn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie! The garden really has been producing full speed this summer, keeping me busy! Hugs :)

      Delete
  9. So relieved to know that your family is safe, Marilyn! Yes, along with you, I'll keep praying for all the victims of this horrendous natural disaster.
    Your photos are marvelous, as always, giving us such an inspirational peek into your life. You asked about rough towels? No, I don't think it's a hard water issue as ours are rough, too, when hung out to dry. The upside is, they dry you off much more efficiently and will soften up as they are used. Wrinkles? If there is a good, stiff breeze, I find it does wonders to knock those wrinkles right out!
    Blessings to you and yours, and thanks again for keeping us in the loop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martha for praying, I do hope the current hurricane coming up the seaboard doesn't affect you now! Thank you for responding about the rough towels, it's good to know that others have the same problems! I do so love the fresh smell of the towels, and the savings of not using the dryer too! I hope that things are going well with your book, and the possibilities of a new one. Hope you stay safe, and dry! Big hugs :)

      Delete
  10. Hi Marilyn! It's so nice to catch up with you. I like the logger tricks at the logger demonstration. It was called the logger rodeo where I come from. My grandpa (who died when my mom was in high school) ran a mill and my uncle had a logging business, too.
    Your little garden within a garden is the perfect spot.
    Oh, what a gorgeous stellar jay!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sure hope your sister stays dry!! Harvey was nasty, no doubt about it. The guy who opened both of his furniture stores is known as Mattress Mack. He has a heart of gold and is always giving back to the community. He has been known to give a house full of furniture to those in need. It was good to visit with you today, enjoyed all your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely to see and read this post here Marilyn, I enjoyed all of your photographs and what a great selection.

    Having seen quite a lot of news coverage about Hurricane Harvey my thoughts and prayers are with all of those in Texas who are enduring such terrible hardships because of the hurricane.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. How I loved visiting your blog today. Thank you for the comment when you visited mine. I do believe we must live close to each other as you have suggested, (although Mt. Spokane has once again disappeared the past few days because of smoke.) I live on the northern edge of Spokane. Feel free to email me and maybe we could actually meet sometime. I love meeting blog friends, especially sisters in Christ. I'm looking forward to taking the time to read some of your past posts and getting to know you better.
    Many Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your photos of your idyllic part of the world have warmed my heart this day. =) The weather has gone mad hasn't it.....drought in one part and torrential rain and floods in others. The human spirit in times of travail and disaster is a wonderful thing. How lovely to have a little home on the banks of that river AND what wonderful delights your garden has given you this Summer. Your bounteous harvest is a wonder! So happy your sister and family are okay.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Marilyn,
    What a lovely, chatty post catching me up on the happenings in your life. I'm glad your sister and her family are okay - such tragedy in so many places in the world.
    Like you, I plant marigolds alongside my tomatoes, too. They look pretty and do a wonderful job of attracting those bees.
    Zucchini is producing here, as well. I've been giving it away and looking for interesting recipes to make, and I hope to prepare a few containers for the freezer, too. It's such a luxury when one doesn't have to shop for fresh vegetables.
    Have a wonderful evening/day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was happy to hear that your family in Texas is doing okay. I watched a piece on tv about the man that you mentioned, that opened his furniture store for people. People helping people is a beautiful thing. Another beautiful thing is the bounty of your garden!!! Oh my goodness, Marilyn, you have been busy and will be rewarded all winter. I also loved seeing your special garden-within-a-garden...your little oasis to enjoy and find peace and love from Our Savior. Enjoy those last days of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great catch up post! I'm glad your family is okay. Such hard things happening in Texas! We eat a lot of squash year round, too. I love it sauteed with onions in a bit of butter. Is brewer's yeast the same as nutritional yeast? I'll have to try it for added flavor!

    That Stellar Jay has stunning color! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My you've certainly had a great and productive summer. That's quite a garden you've had. Fresh Produce is always wonderful. I'm too old though for the work of a garden up keep so you are lucky you are able to tend a garden. - Your dogs are all wonderful. Riley looks so sweet. I really enjoyed seeing what your summer has been like.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, great photos, Marilyn! That Riley is just too pretty, what a gorgeous pup she is! I put my zucs through the food processor and throw them into sauces, soups, you name it! I added two whole zucs to chili the other day and you wouldn't know it a bit!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the catching up post, lovely photo's. What a great summer you have had. I guess you will be preparing for winter soon. I have never seen a Stellar jay before, he is a handsome fellow. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Marilyn! You have a little bit of heaven in your garden, methinks. Love the seating and all the produce. We didn't grow a regular garden, but we LOVE homegrown tomatoes so I always have those. I'm a bit jealous of your Stellar Jay, he's gorgeous. Our jays are screechy and obnoxious, lol.
    It's just heartbreaking to see the accounts of the devastation in Texas, but it's reassuring to see the people come together to help them. The Lord knows what's best for us. :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, Marilyn, lots going on in your world. I am so glad that your family is safe. My heart just aches for all those affected. We are no strangers to hurricanes in my neck of the woods, that water is hard to run from. It is wonderful to see the communities coming together. There is still a lot of good in the world. I do hope you get some rain. I also loved looking at your food...your gardens, your pups, even your laundry! It reminds me of the days I used to hang when I was little...enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOVELY, LOVELY Marilyn! Brings this to mind: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Phil 4:8 May the Loving Lord quicken this in us even 'now'! I'll view more later when able, quickly thou, interesting one of Ms Riley in B/W -nice. Hugs of God's abounding LOVE to you & yours I pray. :) LOVE AND VIRTUE care for you all ... even the hens!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am so thankful to hear that your family in Texas is ok. ((((((HUGS))))) So far all our friends have been ok too but I do know that one of them has severe damage to their condo complex in Port Aransas and another one's house took a hit also in Rockport. My heart aches for everyone there that has lost everything.

    I'm so looking forward to Fall and have taken great delight in seeing the colors starting to change on the burning bush hedge next door. It has been delightful to be able to snuggle up under throws at night while I vent the cool air into the house.

    Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I absolutely loved seeing all of your photos. This is still one of my favorite blogs to visit! ...I don't own a dryer, so I hang all of my laundry out, and I have no idea how to get rid of the stiffness. Mine gets that way, too, sometimes. But, the smell makes up for it, right? :) I've just gotten used to it.

    Loved seeing all of your garden goodness. That's one thing I miss when the summer ends. Our gardens are already dying off. Blah. But, it was good while it lasted!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is also one of my favorite blogs to visit. It makes me feel happy to read your comments and to admire your lovely photos. I may have to add on to my garden too! :~)

    ReplyDelete
  27. WONDERFUL summer recap! My internet is out for a week so this will be short.. am at our local library! Your river and creek visits look great.. we have alot of smoke here and still the heat wave continues. Your garden is amazing! All your veggies and canning and flowers... bring such joy don't they? Your doggies are so pretty and love the pix of them... I used to go to a timber festival up in Washington.. they are so fun. I can't believe it's Sept. already! Hope we get some rain soon.. there are about 6 wildfires burning within a 50 miles radius of us and it makes for very poor air quality. Take care Marilyn..........

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Dear Marilyn, What a beautiful post sharing beauty, food and more. So happy to read your family are all doing well in the Houston area. Prayers are certainly being answered but the need is still so dire. We are fine here in North Texas as Houston is south of us and all we got from Harvey was a little rain. Our prayers continue for the folks that lost so much.
    Yes, so ready to welcome fall but the summer flew by all too fast. It will be hot here for some time but I do see and feel fall in the air. My garden seems to be making a little transition. Your fur babies are adorable. Have a wonderful long Labor Day weekend and many blessings to you dear one. xo

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Marilyn,
    Sending prayers for your family and all. I also have family in Texas. They are two hours North of Houston. They did get rain where my family lives. So far it is under control.
    I enjoyed your photos and letting us peek at what you have been up too this summer.
    Lots of love,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  30. My thoughts and prayers remain with the people affected by this horrific hurricane, I hope and pray that your area will soon get some much needed rain.
    Your photos of your summer are priceless our photos tell the real stories of our lives, thank you for sharing.
    Have a blessed Labor Day weekend.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Marilyn, I am so thankful to hear your family has weathered okay through the storm. I can't imagine living through something like that, how tragic for those that have lost so much. It looks like you have had a wonderful summer, I can't believe we're near the end already, it sure went fast.

    We had hoped to have our garden this year, but again, it didn't happen. Looking at your wonderful bounty makes me want to do it next year. We'll see lol.

    Your dogs are so sweet, how enjoyable to be able to share your walks with them.

    I hope you enjoy the rest of your summer - what's left. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  32. So glad your family is safe. You're living a full and wonderful life. Be blessed!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  33. How very amazing your summer has been, and thankful for God's protection of you in all that the world is going through. It is wonderful how you are preserving summer goodness to be enjoyed through the winter. Praying you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I'm loving how your summer went. I bet your fall will be more epic.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Marilyn. I enjoyed this post and seeing all your gardens, flowers, and the pups. We have a family up the road who have competed in lumberjack competitions all over the world and won titles for their young age. Incredible! The flooding in Texas and overseas is just terrible and my heart goes out to all! We have had a very dry summer here but looks like rain is on the way mid-week - a lot of rain! We sure need it. I hope you have a lovely fall and continue to reap the harvest from your gardens. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  36. Marilyn, I love your garden within a garden. So gorgeous! I am glad your family's home was spared. Prayers for Texas. xo

    ReplyDelete
  37. Lol! I had forgotten about the stiffness.....you will forget and so will your family if you persist. The sunshine and fresh air scent and freedom from dryer's more than makes up for it. Glad you had a great summer - I did too.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I feel deeply sad for people who suffered with placelessness and hardships due to storms .
    Though i am so glad that your family and sister left the place at right time and now got back safely to their home .
    hope they get power back soon.
    Your garden is piece of heaven my friend.so many blooms and so many veggies as i can see specially the fresh yellow smiles of garden and vegetables that used to grow my (late) mom in her garden too.

    Environment looked better and beautiful before fires ,hope they finished now and inhabitants are feeling fine now.
    How Gorgeous handwork at fair .
    Here in my country women of rural areas make exactly same beautiful designs as bed sheets or wall murals .

    Want to mention again that i love your garden sooo much ,may you be blessed more my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I am so glad your family was safe and protected from the hurricane in Texas. These storms are so scary and now its hitting Florida. So upsetting.
    We've had smoke from all the fires in the surrounding states.
    We've been doing lots of praying!!

    It looks as though you've have a wonderful summer. Crazy Fall is right behind the corner. Its been rather hot here for September. I'm ready for some cooler weather.
    Our greenhouse has been providing lots of veggies and that's been delightful. I've only been to our farms once this whole summer.
    Your garden and flowers look fabulous!!
    My two younger boys put projects in our state fair, my middle son put in an Army base model and he got second place and my youngest made a knife and he got first place. Very proud of them both.
    I need to do some canning, so once my hubby is home to help, we'll be making salsa. Yay!!

    Have a great week my friend!

    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  40. I am so glad your family was safe and protected from the hurricane in Texas. These storms are so scary and now its hitting Florida. So upsetting.
    We've had smoke from all the fires in the surrounding states.
    We've been doing lots of praying!!

    It looks as though you've have a wonderful summer. Crazy Fall is right behind the corner. Its been rather hot here for September. I'm ready for some cooler weather.
    Our greenhouse has been providing lots of veggies and that's been delightful. I've only been to our farms once this whole summer.
    Your garden and flowers look fabulous!!
    My two younger boys put projects in our state fair, my middle son put in an Army base model and he got second place and my youngest made a knife and he got first place. Very proud of them both.
    I need to do some canning, so once my hubby is home to help, we'll be making salsa. Yay!!

    Have a great week my friend!

    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  41. Just reread your post. Are you safe from the fires and smoke?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your concern Laura! We have been very blessed and feel so thankful that there are no fires around us, although we have been suffering under heavy smoke in our area. Thankfully, yesterday some wind blew the smoke out, and the skies are clear again for a time, and for that we are thankful! Thank you again for your concern!

      Delete

Your comments are blessings to me, and I appreciate each and every one, they are precious to me! I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog... this is what makes blogging worthwhile! Have a blessed day!

Labels

alpaca Annie apple pie apron baking bible study tea Big Shot birthday blessings blooms bone broth book book review bread camping Canada canning Charity Gayle Chicken and dumplings chicken fajitas chickens Christmas cinnamon tea comfort food cookbook coyote crocus cross Dad visit dandelion tea death Debt free deer devotion digital scrapbooking dill pickles dog dress dried raspberry leaves Easter Edna Moseley eggs elderberry syrup Ellgreave. face masks fall familycookbookproject fire flu flu remedy fog Foxwood Tea House game camera garden garden bluebird garden tea party gardening giveaway Gram greenhouse handmade blouse Handmade Club harvest hike homemade bread homemade tortillas homemade vanilla extract Homer Laughlin hummingbirds hurricane hyacinth inspirational inspirational post iron skillet biscuits January 2013 jelly joy keto kombucha light llama logging love story Lucky the Elephant miracle Mister Simba moose Mother's Day Mountains MTS Photography mudslide music video Northern Lights orange orange vinegar spray Paintbrush Cookies painting peace PEI photography Pico de gallo pie crust plums poem poetry praise prayer Prince Edward Island pumpkin pie puppy kiss rainbow recipe recipes red barn resurrection Riley robin Roger Rose Hips roses scallop die scripture journal season seasons seed starting sewing she-shed skies snake snow song sourdough spain spring springter squirrel Star of Bethlehem storm storms suffering summer sunflower sunflowers sunrise sunset sunshine tea tea exchange tea house Tea party tea time Tea Time Magazine teacup teacup exchange teapot texas Thanksgiving Through Love's Eyes tiramisu tomatoes travel Tribute Tulips turkey turkey soup turkeys Turnbull Wildlife Refuge video walk walk the dogs walking wedding wildlife winter wolf zucchini