Christmas Season Greetings!

Tuesday, December 27, 2022

 



Wishing each of you a very special and blessed Christmas and New Year season today!  I hope that each of you has been able to spend meaningful and special moments with your friends and family during this time.  My prayers are for those who were traveling in the awful winter conditions and perhaps facing difficult airline situations. So many people had disrupted family gatherings this year because of weather and travels, as the winter weather came right at Christmas.  

The last couple of weeks have been quite busy for our family as well. I appreciate all the kind and touching comments you shared regarding my Gram's death in my previous post.  Because I had just been to see her in October, I did not anticipate going back to her funeral. However, my mother's family reached out to me to see if I would come back to speak on behalf of the grandchildren at her funeral.  My Gram and Grampie had 10 children, 28 grandchildren, 53 great-grandchildren, and 6 great-great grandchildren. What a legacy! So I traveled back to Canada to be with my Mom as well as my sister and brother for the funeral.  My dad's health has not been good, so he was unable to travel.  

My Mom, sister Elayne, and I traveled together on the last leg of the flight. I managed to surprise them, as they did not know we all were going to be on the last flight together! 

Together beside my Gram's casket. She looked so beautiful and at peace. It was a comfort to know she was in her eternal resting place, at peace in the arms of Jesus. 


My sister and I put together two collage boards of my Gram's life that were set up by the guest book at the funeral. It was nice to have these memories displayed. The tablecloth under the collage boards was handmade by my great-grandmother (Gram's mother). It was beautifully handstitched. A family treasure for sure :) 


New Brunswick had no snow when we arrived.  However, the day after Gram's funeral a massive snowstorm arrived! I traveled back home at the "tail-end" of that snowstorm, having quite a few delays with my flights, and ended up traveling close to 30 hours before making it home safely.  

It was so good to be back home.  The dogs were especially happy to see me so we could walk again, and so we embarked on our walk the next morning... in rather COLD temperatures! 


Frigidly cold weather had set in, and our temps dropped down to -15.
After my arrival back home, within several days I came down with a head cold, which I am still recovering from.  It seems everyone around us is sick with one bug or another. Thankfully I haven't run a fever, just have a head cold, and I am on the mend, eating lots of fruits and taking zinc, vitamin D, and quercetin.   


In other news, our son and his wife were working in Texas, when they had to spend some time waiting for a load in El Paso, Texas.  In the yard they waited in, two small puppies had been dropped off and were malnourished and flea-bitten.  They won the hearts of my son and wife, and they adopted them. 

They were quite happy to have a good meal, a cozy place to sleep, and lots of love.
We are now officially grandpup-parents to Gus and Red! They are precious darlings! I can't say Annie and Riley are so thrilled about their arrival, but they are adjusting to the newcomers :) 


We held our family gathering on Christmas morning and enjoyed brunch together.  We spent several hours together eating and visiting. The Christmas story was read out of Luke 2, and we each shared how the Lord had touched our lives during this past year. It was very sweet. 


Little Gus all ready to open gifts! 



Our family gathered around the table with a friend who had no family
to celebrate Christmas with, so she joined us. 

Danielle and Zak just celebrated their 1-year anniversary of home ownership. They are currently in the process of building an Air B&B on their property too. We are excited for them! 


Ryan and Alanna with little Gus. 

Little Red, sound asleep! They are such sweet dogs, and well-behaved! 

So happy they found their forever homes with our kids. 



So the weather has been quite eventful here! The week before Christmas our temps dipped down to -15 with wind chills even lower for several days.  Our hot water froze up, although our cold water thankfully didn't.  As the temps have begun to warm up, the hot water lines opened up, without any breakage. We are SO thankful for that blessing!  

Since yesterday, we are getting bucketloads of rain dumped on us, and many places are experiencing flooding.  High winds are also expected later today.  It seems that any kind of extreme weather that could take place is paying us a visit! But thankfully, we are all warm, safe, and cozy, and all the animals are too.  



As I spent time praying, drinking hot tea, and reading the Word, I thought of each of you, my faithful readers.  I pray for those who are experiencing difficult situations, whether it be weather-related, health, travel, or financial. It has been a difficult, traumatic season for so many people.  So today as I am praying, please know that I have prayed for you, and your families, each of you are so special to me.  I appreciate your kind comments, thoughts, and prayers too. They have meant so very much! 


As the New Year approaches, our thoughts begin to think of what the new year will hold. and even if there have been difficulties you've had to face this season, I hope that you can seek out the blessings that come amidst the trouble and look for opportunities to be thankful in difficult situations.  I've noticed that keeping my perspective positive can impact not just my own life, but those around me. My hope remains steadfast in the Lord, and I pray His peace and presence will rest in your hearts and lives today.  I wish each of you a blessed Christmas and New Year's season! 











34 comments

  1. It was great you got home to your gram’s funeral. Such a tough time of year to travel! Have a wonderful week, Marilyn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marie. This time of year is not the greatest time to travel. So thankful I and my bags made it home safely! Happy New Year to you!

      Delete
  2. With all this terrible weather, I'm so glad you could make it to your Gram's funeral, Marilyn. Somehow, I think she knows that you were there with all the other family she loved.
    Thanks so much for your prayers, too, as you thought about your blogging friends. I'm sure there are so many who need such a remembrance; I'm one of them. It's been a quiet Christmas for us, with too much time to reflect on Christmas' past. It's not a bad thing to remember, but it isn't good if those memories keep us from moving forward with faith and hope.
    And those puppies??? Too cute for words!
    You have such a lovely family, and I'm happy that all of you could be together during the holidays.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so thankful I was able to go to her funeral, it was a sweet time with the family. I understand how difficult the holiday season can be for those who have passed on, and for the family we aren't able to be close to. It can be such a tough season for so many! Oh yes, those sweet puppies have stolen our hearts! Many blessings to you sweet friend in this new year!

      Delete
  3. Such bad weather. So glad you were able to attend your Gram's funeral. May her sweet memories soothe your soul. Those puppies are adorable. I cannot imagine anyone abandoning them. Blessings to you and your family. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so thankful I was able to go to her funeral, it was such a sweet time. The puppies have really stolen our hearts! Happy New Year to you dear friend!

      Delete
  4. Hello dear Marilyn. I'm so glad you were able to be with your family for your Grandma funeral. I'm sure it meant a LOT to your Mom for you to be there. How blessed you were to be able to get there before all of the airline craziness began. I'm hoping all is back to normal before I leave for London next month.
    Thank you for your beautiful words reminding us to keep life in perspective, always looking to the Lord for our strength and outlook on the world.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a sweet time, I'm so thankful I was able to go and be with my family for Gram's funeral. I'll be praying about your upcoming London trip - so very exciting for you! I appreciate your friendship, and your lovely comments! Blessings to you and Happy New Year!

      Delete
  5. I'm so thankful you could be there with your Mom and family. Shared sorrow is so much easier to bear. I know your dear Gram is resting in Jesus' arms, and she wouldn't want to come back, even if she could. The new puppies are so cute! May the Lord bless you and all your family in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so true, sorrow's burdens are easier shared than carried alone. It was so sweet to be with the family at Gram's funeral, and I am so thankful she is resting with Jesus! We are so in love with the puppies! We love them dearly. Blessings to you dear friend!

      Delete
  6. The Christmas season has been full of ups and downs for you and yours. Blessings to you and a very Happy New Year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been quite a holiday season for us, indeed. But God has been so faithful through it all. Blessings to you Lynn, and Happy New Year!

      Delete
  7. So sorry to read about your loss but so thankful she is with the Lord. I am sure you were glad to be there and also to get home safely. Yes this Christmas season has been very challenging for many families and being able to get together. Happy yours were able to gather. Love those two puppies. I am sure they will keep your kids busy for sure. May God bless you in the coming New Year. Thank you for your prayers - I will do likewise - Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your wonderful comment Debbie! It was a blessing to be able to go to the funeral. I know this holiday season was so difficult for so many people. The puppies have been so sweet, we love them dearly! Many blessings to you in this New Year!

      Delete
  8. The weather has certainly been a big part of the story all over. Many are still without power after nearly a week in my corner.

    I am so glad that you were able to return to Canada and be such an integral support to your family. You made a difference to them.

    Those new members of the family are adorable and good practice for future additions.

    Thank you for your prayers and thank you for the New Year wishes. Wishing you the same AND a good recovery from the nasty head cold. I like your protocol and use it myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very difficult Christmas for so many this year, with travel disruptions, loss of loved ones, and the weather too! Hopefully the power has been fully restored in your area. Yes, we hope the puppies are good practice for future additions, love that concept! I did recover from the head cold, it was just a very typical one, no fever, or infection, just sinus congestion. So thankful it has moved on! Blessings to you dear friend, stay well and healthy in the New Year!

      Delete
  9. what a comfort it is to know our loved ones are with Jesus...when we really know that, it sure is a blessing. I'm glad you made it to and from the funeral ok. What pretty snowy pictures. Here in eastern NY we have NO snow although it's been cold enough for it. Our lowest temp thus far was 12 degrees on Xmas Eve. But western NY where Buffalo is had a horrrible blizzard...you've probably seen that via the news. I wish and pray for God's richest blessings on you and your dear family as we move into 2023.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a comfort for our loved ones to be with Jesus, it helps the sorrow and ache of loss! I heard about the terrible blizzard with Buffalo, oh I can't even imagine that much snow all at one time! I hope they have recovered from it. We are getting mostly rain here now. May the Lord's rich blessings be with you and your family in 2023!

      Delete
  10. The weather has been causing lots of issues here in my neck of the woods, too. Glad you were able to work around Mother Nature and enjoy your holidays as well with your sweet, sweet family!! All the best in 2023 Marilyn!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marilyn, I'm so sorry to hear of your dear Gram's passing. It sounds like you had such a special relationship with her. And it was so good that you saw her and spent time with her before. I can't believe it's below 15 there, oh my. It's in the 20's and 30's here, and we're supposed to have another snowfall tomorrow. Those two pups are so cute that your son adopted. I love that photo of the pink rose tea cup and tea pot. It's charming, and so cozy, and Pink just makes me happy. Thank you for your prayers for your blog friends, Marilyn. That is so dear of you. We could all use prayers in this life, and I appreciate them so much. I'm sorry I'm just getting to you about your Gram's passing. I didn't see that in the previous post, and will have to go back to read it.

    Have a bright new year, and I hope so much goodness comes to you throughout the year.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thinking of you dear friend, with all the rain that California has been getting, I hope that you are staying safe and warm through it all. It was a special time we had at the funeral, so thankful that I was able to go, and return home before all the holiday travel nightmares took place. Yes, I certainly am continuing in prayer for so many who suffered much through the holiday season. I hope this New Year brings better things. I appreciate your kind and wonderful comment and visit, they are always a blessing! Happy New Year to you!

      Delete
  12. So sorry for your loss, my friend. So thankful you were able to make it to say goodbye. Merry Christmas, and best wishes for a Happy and healthy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet friend, and wishing you the very same! Happy New Year 2023!

      Delete
  13. Happy New Year!! I enjoy reading your blog. Thank you for sharing the ups and downs. That is what I appreciate about you, your honest about life.
    Lots of love,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Carla, you are such a dear friend, and I appreciate your comments so very much! Yes, in our blogging, it is important to share the good and the bad. We are all just trying our best with what comes our way. Faith in the Lord is my anchor! Many blessings to you Carla! Happy New Year!

      Delete
  14. I'm so glad you were able to go to your Gram's funeral. I know it was special to your mom to have you there.

    Cute grand dogs. Your kids seem to be thriving and isn't that just what we want for them?

    All that snow and cold would not be my favorite. But it is beautiful!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so thankful I was able to go Deanna! We are loving the sweet puppies :) I love the snow and cold, but come March, I'm ready for spring! Blessings to you, and Happy New Year!

      Delete
  15. Such a beautifully written post. I'm so glad you were able to get to Canada for your Gram's funeral. Many blessings to your son and DIL for rescuing those precious pups! They sure are cute! Happy New Year to you and yours, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a blessing to be able to go to Canada, I am so grateful I was able to! And we are loving those precious puppies, they are so sweet! Happy New Year to you and your family!

      Delete
  16. Thank you for sharing all your news.
    I'm so pleased you were able to go to your Gram's funeral.

    Sending my good wishes for 2023.

    All the best Jan



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your visits Jan, it was such a blessing to be with my Mom's family for the funeral. Many blessings to you dear friend!

      Delete
  17. Marilyn.... I read this right when you posted it, but was going to come back and comment, and then life got in the way! It looks like you had a wonderful family Christmas! So glad you did go to your gram's funeral and was with your sister and mom. Wow what a long flight back! I'm sure you were right in the middle of that horrible cold and windy huge storm that swooped down from the north! And -15 below... ouch! Our lowest was 4 degrees, but with the wind we had (up to about 50 mjh) I'm sure it felt colder outside. I stayed in! right before that storm started, we already had about 6 inches of snow, but thankfully, got no more, other than about an inch so I managed OK.The pups your kids adopted are just adorable, and so lucky to be put in the path of two living beings to give them a home full of love, warmth, food and comfort! How sweet they are, but bet they both will get big! Oh.. I'm going to want to hear more about the BandB Danielle and Zak are building! What a great idea! I'm glad your holidays were good.. and pray for your dad as this new year starts. Hugs.. Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your wonderful comment, Marilyn! I feel like I've just sat down and chatted with you! I can imagine all the snow and wind you must've had all those many years ago! Glad you got a little bit of snow, just enough to enjoy! We are really enjoying the puppies, they are so precious, and bring so much joy! I will definitely share more of Danielle and Zak's journey with the Air B&B. We are very excited for them! Hoping you continue to heal from your fall with complete recovery! Prayers continue for you dear friend! Love and hugs, and wishes for a New Year with wonderful blessings for you!

      Delete
  18. Heartfelt condolence for your gram dear Marilyn! This is amazing how you managed to attend her funeral. I love how much you love your family as a in life love is most important gift that beautify and strengthen our hearts and when we do so God smile on us surely.
    Touching story of poor pets adopted by your son and his wife.
    Your Christmas table is awesome and your tea pots are one of the most beautiful :) hugs and blessings

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to me, and I appreciate each and every one, they are precious to me! I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog... this is what makes blogging worthwhile! Have a blessed day!

Labels

alpaca Annie apple pie apron baking bible study tea Big Shot birthday blessings blooms bone broth book book review bread camping Canada canning Charity Gayle Chicken and dumplings chicken fajitas chickens Christmas cinnamon tea comfort food coyote crocus cross Dad visit dandelion tea death Debt free deer devotion digital scrapbooking dill pickles dog dress dried raspberry leaves Easter Edna Moseley eggs elderberry syrup Ellgreave. face masks fall familycookbookproject fire flu flu remedy fog Foxwood Tea House game camera garden garden bluebird garden tea party gardening giveaway Gram greenhouse handmade blouse Handmade Club harvest hike homemade bread homemade tortillas homemade vanilla extract Homer Laughlin hummingbirds hurricane hyacinth inspirational inspirational post iron skillet biscuits January 2013 jelly joy keto kombucha light llama logging love story Lucky the Elephant miracle Mister Simba moose Mother's Day Mountains MTS Photography mudslide music video Northern Lights orange orange vinegar spray Paintbrush Cookies painting peace PEI photography Pico de gallo pie crust plums poem poetry praise prayer Prince Edward Island pumpkin pie puppy kiss rainbow recipe recipes red barn resurrection Riley robin Roger Rose Hips roses scallop die scripture journal season seasons seed starting sewing she-shed skies snake snow song sourdough spain spring springter squirrel Star of Bethlehem storm storms suffering summer sunflower sunflowers sunrise sunset sunshine tea tea exchange tea house Tea party tea time Tea Time Magazine teacup teacup exchange teapot texas Thanksgiving Through Love's Eyes tiramisu tomatoes travel Tribute Tulips turkey turkey soup turkeys Turnbull Wildlife Refuge video walk walk the dogs walking wedding wildlife winter wolf zucchini