Foggy February Mountain Views

Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Here we are in the final days of February! Can you even believe how fast the calendar continues to move along! This has been a very mild winter for us here in North Idaho; many are not complaining.  As most of my readers know - I love the snow, and Winter here in North Idaho is "splendiferous" for me. I absolutely love the beauty of the snow, and while I'll admit the cold is not my favorite thing, I do love a frosty day at about 20 degrees with the sun brightly shining.  When the glitter and diamonds in the snow are shimmering - life is just glorious! We sadly haven't had many of those days this year.  But - we have had some beautiful scenes that the snow and fog have created.  Below is one of my favorites.  The mountains are misty, shrouded in secrecy while the pine trees stand majestically.  



I captured this shot of the moon while walking this week,
early in the morning, just as the sun was coming up. 


It was a frosty morning, with no snow on the ground,
but isn't the moon just beautiful in the western sky! 


A closer view of February's Moon, also known as the Snow Moon or Hunger Moon.  



The clouds always add drama to the skies, and I never tire of
seeing the unique formations of the clouds in our skies. 



Can you count how many Stellar Blue Jays are in this photo? If you see 7 of them, you are correct!   They are regular visitors to my bird feeders, and are so entertaining to watch! They have a very distinctive cry, and let me know when the feeders are empty (which means when they've emptied the feeders!!) 



Riley and I continue to enjoy our morning walks, now with no snow on the road - 
so unusual for February, but we are enjoying it.  



You may remember from my last post that I have been "puppy-sitting" my neighbor's new Aussie puppy while she works.  Miss Bejeweled is so precious! I found a treat that she really enjoys as a teething puppy - chewing on ice! 


I captured her puppy antics on video, and shared it on YouTube,
 just a short 60-second video, but 
I think it will make you smile! 






I wanted to share this inspirational poem found again in the beautiful Christian poetry book I picked up at the thrift store a couple of weeks ago. This little poem sums up my heart today - Thy Way - Not Mine. May I always walk in humbleness listening to the Lord in all I do, and let His will be the path I take, not my own.  I've learned His ways are always best! 

Thy Way, Not Mine

Thy way, not mine, O Lord,
However dark it be!
Lead me by thine own hand
Choose out the path for me. 

Smooth let it be or rough,
It will be still the best;
Winding or straight, it leads
Right onward to thy rest. 

I dare not choose my lot;
I would not, if I might,
Choose thou for me, My God;
So shall I walk aright. 

The kingdom that I seek
Is thine, so let the way
That leads to it be thine;
Else I must surely stray.

Take thou my cup and it
With joy or sorrow fill,
As best to thee may seem;
Choose thou my good and ill;

Choose thou for me my friends,
My sickness or my health;
Choose thou my cares for me,
My poverty or wealth.  

Not mine, not mine the choice,
In things great or small;
Be thou my guide, my strength
My wisdom and my all! 
Horatius Bonar 1808-1889



Isaiah 55:6-13

Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, 

call ye upon him while he is near:

Let the wicked forsake his way, 

and the unrighteous man his thoughts: 

and let him return unto the LORD, 

and he will have mercy upon him; 

and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.


For my thoughts are not your thoughts, 

neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.


For as the heavens are higher than the earth, 

so are my ways higher than your ways, 

and my thoughts than your thoughts.  


For as the rain cometh down, 

and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, 

but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, 

that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: 

So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: 

it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish 

that which I please, and it shall prosper 

in the thing whereto I sent it.


For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: 

the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you 

into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.

 Instead of the thorn shall come up the fir tree, 

and instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle tree:

and it shall be to the LORD for a name, 

for an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off. 

Isaiah 55:6-13

 


This passage sums it all up well - God's ways are not our ways - but in the end, when His will is accomplished there will be joy, singing, and peace. That gives me hope! Today I may just see clouds over the mountains, with low-hanging fog and nothing seems clear.  

But tomorrow - tomorrow's hope is that sunshine will return, and those same mountains will sparkle and shine with the light of the sun upon them.  That is our hope! 




Here is another music video that I created this week, again it is perfect for background worship/prayer/devotional time music. It is instrumental, and there are some beautiful hymns that I love in this selection. I think your heart will be encouraged by the views of the beautiful mountains - today they may be shrouded in fog and snow, but summer will soon come, and we will see them clearly once again. 

Many blessings to each of you my dear readers, and I thank you so much for your faithful visits! 

31 comments

  1. Such beautiful photos, Marilyn! Have a great week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marie, I love to see the beauty in the world around me!

      Delete
  2. Seeing that cute puppy and all her antics made me smile, Marilyn. And your photos are splendid as always - it could certainly be argued that y'all live in God's country!
    May God's will, not ours, be done in everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would agree with you Martha - we really do live in God's country! We pray His will over all things, that's the only way to leave in peace in these troublesome days!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photos, Marilyn! I have loved seeing the moon high in the sky outside my window. :)
    I've never seen Stellar Jays in person-so pretty!
    I agree: it's been such a mild winter. In fact, I'm seeing white blooms on trees already! Spring is coming fast. We had a little over 90 degree weather for two days- I don't think I'm ready for summer just yet, haha!
    Love that poem you shared. That's where I'd like to be in my faith with Jesus. :) Love those verses as well.
    God bless and keep you,
    Valentine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How wonderful to see spring blooms already Valentine's! I appreciate your visit and very thoughtful comment, it means so much to me!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for all the lovely pictures!! You live in a very beautiful spot.
    The little puppy looks like a hand full. Cute but very active.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bejeweled is active but very sweet, we love her so much! She's busy for sure! We are blessed with an abundance of beautiful views indeed :)

      Delete
  5. The photos are beautiful, Marilyn! The Blue Jays coloring show up so pretty in your image. I love the Isaiah 55 passage. Thanks for sharing and enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always enjoy your photos. The foggy pic is so pretty! We are also having a crazy winter, so much warmer than usual. I'm jealous of your blue skies and clouds though. We tend to just be overcast much of the winter because of temp change over Lake Michigan.
    Isaiah 55 has so much in it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the puppy! We sing most of those songs at church. So much comfort & sweetness here on this rainy dark night, the train whistle far away on the tracks is adding to the chorus. What consolation the old hymns are when darkness seems so heavy, the loving arms of the Savior brings such rest. Annie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful post, sweet friend! The puppy antics are so comical and precious! Thank you for the wonderful Scriptures you shared. I needed them right now. May the Lord richly bless you for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Marilyn. Your photos are simply amazing. Snow covered trees are certainly a recipe for great beauty. Love the puppy antics..Happy Sprinter..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the beautiful photos. I enjoyed the poem and of course the Bible verse. If only, around the world, people would come to the Bible for comfort and guidance. Lynn and Precious XX

    ReplyDelete
  11. How amazing to see so many of the Stellar Jays! They are gorgeous. And of course you live in a beautiful part of the country and embrace the weather which is important regardless where we live. I would love to visit some day! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello,
    I loved all the photos.
    The Stellar Jays are so BRIGHT BLUE!!!
    Ernie likes ice cubes too. ;-)
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  13. Marilyn, your photos of the mist over the mountains with the pines are so lovely. Misty days are always pretty. A cute video of Bejeweled playing with the ice. I hope she doesn't swallow and choke on the ice while chewing on it. What a neat picture of the stellar blue jays....and so many of them! We get the blue jays also, but haven't seen them yet, as it's been too cold. I've never heard of the snow moon before. Yes, February did go by fast, and I hope you have the most wonderful March days.

    ~Sheri

    **I want to thank you for lifting all my concerns and troubles to Jesus. I talk with Him so much during the day, and knowing I'm in His hands fills me with so much peace. I appreciate you thinking of me, dear Marilyn. Things have been hectic lately having to deal with many issues, and they seem to come all at once sometimes, don't they? ; )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning to you Marilyn. Dennis and I have both been sick with "something", whether it be an awful cold or influenza, I think we're finally on the mend although coughing a LOT! As a result, I got way behind on blogs since Mom's move was in the middle of all of this. Life is crazy and I don't know what we would have done without Abba Father walking with us through the middle of the last month especially. He is Faithful to be with us. We have long conversations every night. What do people do without Him? I can't imagine. Especially now with the world in such unheaval.
    Thank you for the beautiful photos. I did hear that Spokane was supposed to get snow yesterday but don't know if it happened. If they did, your mountains should have gotten some too. :-) I hope they did as I know how much you love it.
    Take care my friend.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Snowy time in Idaho looks beautiful. I like it when we have snow at times even though it's an inch or two. I like the moon photos. I remember seeing the full moon when walking with my husband. I went outside from other door to take a picture of it but there was clouds in front of the full moon 🌚 🌔 . Good poem and scripture verse. Thanks for reading and commenting on my blog. Betsy Q is a friend I meet on her blog and have seen her in real life.
    My daughter is feeling better. I need to do another post. I was surprised 😮 how many readers showed up. God bless your day! ~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful views. That must have been a noisy visit from all those blue jays. Convicting poem and wonderful passage! God is in control, no matter what. Happy leap day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree that time is flying and that this winter has been a strange one for sure, we have had many days above our normal, I don't know what that will mean for our spring and summer. Gorgeous pictures you have. Can you believe our cat loves to play with ice cubes too, except as he is playing with it he also is licking it, he also likes to hide them under our fridge not what I like.
    That is so neat that you get that many blue jays at your feeders.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such amazing beauty surrounds you. Enjoyed seeing all of this beauty. lovely poem. hope you enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Marily, you definitely lives in God’s company. The photos are magical and those fun blue birds. The puppy is adorable along with your Riley. Happy March.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for your recent comment on my blog! I am so glad I decided to look you up--what an encouraging, uplifting post! While I don't get as excited as you over the snow, I can certainly appreciate the beauty you have captured in the photos! The Scripture and poem were just right for my spirit--have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh my goodness, those mountains, girl! i leave here refreshed, hopeful, and inspired. thanks for always sharing such beautiful peeks/peaks of your world. God's creation surely is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So much beauty and zest for life! Are you on Instagram by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your photos plus that beautiful Bible verse! Oh, am a dog lover.:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. precious friend Marilyn heartfelt thanks for sharing walk glimpse !
    what a glory of morning and clam surroundings shine with serenity :)
    I really love clear sky shots !!!!!!!
    awesomely captured moon touches the soul so deep :) wow it makes me imagine how you come up with such powerful feeling of "connectedness" to Divine :) because nature around you speaks to soul so soulfully !
    loved the video of both pets playing around ,yes i kept smiling till end :)))thanks
    poems are divine and each word touches the heart vigorously ! true indeed that God 's ways are best for us always .i in my whole life not planned a single thing which sounds so foolish but i was busy in thinking about others .all the peace God has delivered to my mind is gift of it because no other skill i have to survive in this world :)
    God bless you for beautiful sharing always

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to me, and I appreciate each and every one, they are precious to me! I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog... this is what makes blogging worthwhile! Have a blessed day!

Labels

alpaca Annie apple pie apron baking bible study tea Big Shot birthday blessings blooms bone broth book book review bread camping Canada canning Charity Gayle Chicken and dumplings chicken fajitas chickens Christmas cinnamon tea comfort food cookbook coyote crocus cross Dad visit dandelion tea death Debt free deer devotion digital scrapbooking dill pickles dog dress dried raspberry leaves Easter Edna Moseley eggs elderberry syrup Ellgreave. face masks fall familycookbookproject fire flu flu remedy fog Foxwood Tea House game camera garden garden bluebird garden tea party gardening giveaway Gram greenhouse handmade blouse Handmade Club harvest hike homemade bread homemade tortillas homemade vanilla extract Homer Laughlin hummingbirds hurricane hyacinth inspirational inspirational post iron skillet biscuits January 2013 jelly joy keto kombucha light llama logging love story Lucky the Elephant miracle Mister Simba moose Mother's Day Mountains MTS Photography mudslide music video Northern Lights orange orange vinegar spray Paintbrush Cookies painting peace PEI photography Pico de gallo pie crust plums poem poetry praise prayer Prince Edward Island pumpkin pie puppy kiss rainbow recipe recipes red barn resurrection Riley robin Roger Rose Hips roses scallop die scripture journal season seasons seed starting sewing she-shed skies snake snow song sourdough spain spring springter squirrel Star of Bethlehem storm storms suffering summer sunflower sunflowers sunrise sunset sunshine tea tea exchange tea house Tea party tea time Tea Time Magazine teacup teacup exchange teapot texas Thanksgiving Through Love's Eyes tiramisu tomatoes travel Tribute Tulips turkey turkey soup turkeys Turnbull Wildlife Refuge video walk walk the dogs walking wedding wildlife winter wolf zucchini