Last week was a busy one for me! We packed a lot into one week. Our skies turned hazy from smoke from fires in neighboring counties and states. Thankfully, the smoke wasn't too thick, and we could still see the sky. That was such a blessing. My garden continues to prosper, as late summer bloomers take their end of the "Parade of Blooms" quite seriously!
Because we had a wedding to attend, proper attire was needed, and we girls had a shopping day together. We spent a lot of our time at TJ Maxx and then the mall. We went to a local restaurant where they hand-cut their meat and potatoes, as well as make homemade ice cream. We shared a small ice cream and enjoyed the food.
I continue to pick this many raspberries almost every day. I keep thinking they are almost done, but then I go out there and see more!
Our neighbor ladies got together to celebrate 3 July birthdays at a local Thai restaurant. The food was so good - the vegetables in the entree were crisp-tender, and the sauce was incredible. The owner is so kind and brought out three coconut ice creams for the birthday girls. A very special day together!
My dear neighbor who turned 94 enjoyed all the gifts and cards. She is a precious treasure, and I love her dearly! She lives life with such enthusiasm and joy, an inspiration to all who know her!
A dear friend of ours had to be away for a wedding. She has a massive yard with such incredible flowers and vintage decor. I offered to water for her while she was gone.
I love her water tank fountain, and have been thinking for a while I'd like a water feature in my garden, somewhat similar to this.
Pictures don't do justice to the beauty of her garden!
Another friend had to be out of town for a wedding (July 25). There were 4 weddings that I know of this past weekend! I am taking care of her animals while she is gone. Her cats are so glad to see me when I come in to feed them and give them treats. It is a fun job! Although... when I went to feed her chickens, there was a skunk in the chicken coop! Yikes. She told me she has seen it several times. So I am doubly cautious about this furry black and white creature. I don't want to have him decide I'm a threat. So far, the skunk hasn't bothered us, but you never know when that will change. Hoping they will leave without issue!
The wedding we attended Saturday night was just beautiful! It was all outside, at this incredible location. A friend of the bride opened her home and yard for them to have the wedding. It was amazing!
Ryan and Baby Clara (she is already 8 months old!)
Aren't they precious!
Dan and I... it was hot outside - 90s, but with the cool breeze, it was still enjoyable.
Another picture of the beautiful setting for this wedding. Truly a wonderful time we had!
So you can see my July calendar has been full - and my heart is very full of gratitude and thanks for the excitement of knowing that three wonderful couples all got married this past weekend. We pray the Lord's rich blessings on each of their lives as they begin them together.
I just created the above video using pictures and video taken earlier this spring. I am sharing one of my favorite hymns, "Day by Day". It was written in 1865 by Carolina Sandell. It is the song that my heart is singing today, and I hope it blesses you as it has blessed me!
And of Asher he said, Let Asher be blessed with
children;
let him be acceptable to his brethren, and let him dip his foot in
oil.
A lovely photo of you and Dan at the wedding. The garden is gorgeous. I do love the black eyed Susans. Ours are putting on a show right now too. Look at baby Clara - she's adorable!
Your comments are blessings to me, and I appreciate each and every one, they are precious to me! I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog... this is what makes blogging worthwhile! Have a blessed day!
Please click here to visit my exciting NEW Website!
Author Profile
I am an avid hobby photographer living in North Idaho who shares her photography and inspirational writings on my blog
Through Love's Eyes
This inspirational book was written by me with photography of the four seasons of North Idaho. You can purchase my book here! I appreciate your support!
MTS YouTube Channel
Worship Medley with North Idaho Images
Follow By Email
Sign up with your email address to receive the latest updates straight in your inbox.
A lovely photo of you and Dan at the wedding.
ReplyDeleteThe garden is gorgeous. I do love the black eyed Susans. Ours are putting on a show right now too.
Look at baby Clara - she's adorable!