Slow Down July! And a WINNER!

Monday, July 20, 2026

 
There are some months of the year that we wish would hurry up, and there are other months that we wish time would slow down so we could savor the joy.  July has been one of those months. Slow down, July!  The garden is fully planted, and everything is growing happily. We have had beautiful weather, with intermittent rain showers, and only just recently got into the 90s for a couple of days. I am able to enjoy my garden more now, since all the major chores have been done, and now I am just maintaining and stopping to enjoy its beauty. I've continued to have friends and family over for tea in the garden because I love to share the joy it brings me with others! And here we are, already past the middle of July! 



This is a perennial plant, a Maltese Cross that the hummers just love. It puts on a stunning show of color! 


A mixture of happy blooms!



These swallows in the garden flew from their nest the day after I took this picture. I love swallows - they eat lots of mosquitoes! 




We had a wonderful July 4th, celebrating our country's 250th birthday!



The fireworks were amazing! 



Baby Clara's first time to see fireworks. Her parents bought her special headphones so that she couldn't hear the loud noise and be scared. She loved the bright lights! 



The raspberries have been growing in abundance! I've been picking this much every day and passing them on to friends and family, and freezing them too. 



My Jackmanii clematis has outdone herself this year! The blooms are absolutely incredible! 



Lots of blooms in the garden! 





I love making bouquets with the abundance of blooms. 




Our writers' group met in my garden and had a wonderful potluck together! 



There were quite a few who couldn't make it, but it was wonderful to visit together. We played a game where one writer shared a starting sentence, and we went around the table adding to the story. We had so many laughs! 



In front of my clematis... it is quite amazing to see! 



All I can say about this is.... this must've hurt! Poor girl! It ended up being a very large double yolk egg.  



Our back porch is being built by our son-in-law! We are so excited about having a back porch that will run the entire length of the house. 



Sadly, wildfire season began last week - for us at least.  A large wildfire about 2 hours north of us started, and the wind has brought the smoke our way. So far, we have no fires close by. Thanking the Lord for that! 




Our neighbor's flag is flying in the smoky skies


And now I would like to introduce our winner to you for the book giveaway in my last post!!!!! 

Lorrie Orr wrote an amazing book, and I offered a giveaway. After entering the names on the wheelofnames giveaway site, it picked Ellen as the winner! Congratulations Ellen!






Ellen, I will reach out to you for your address and will get the book on its way to you! I know you will be blessed by Lorrie's incredible story of their time in Ecuador! 




I am sharing a video with you that I made several years ago, and it reminds me of the early mornings I enjoy in my garden! There is nothing like that special time when the world is awakening, and the beauty of the garden fills your soul with wonder and delight. I pray that you can find time to spend in a beautiful garden in this beautiful month of July, and that the bountiful blessings of the Lord will be yours!


I will greatly rejoice in the Lord,
My soul shall be joyful in my God;
For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation,
He has covered me with the robe of righteousness,
As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments,
And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.
11 
For as the earth brings forth its bud,
As the garden causes the things that are sown in it to spring forth,
So the Lord God will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations.
Isaiah 61:10-11



7 comments

  1. Marilyn, so many things of delight on your post today. I wish I had some of your raspberries. I just bought some from the store, and they don't look nearly as good as yours. Those red flowers are so pretty, and your purple bush is beautiful. aahh, baby Clara's first time to see the fireworks, that's precious. The back porch will be nice when it's finished. Your weather sounds very similar to ours, mostly 80's, and this month 90's. We also have some wildfires in the area, but they are about an hour from me. The Isaiah verse is very special. And that egg is something else! It's always sweet to come over and visit with you, Marilyn. And I love that picture of you next to the clematis, by the way. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Ellen, for winning this delightful giveaway! And oh, Marilyn, your video with the music was absolutely stunning. Thank you for sharing such wondrous delights with all of us and reminding us to treasure and value every moment we have because of God's gift of life. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello friend! What a lovely month you are having. Minus the smoke from the fires. I pray it continues to stay away!!! I love all the blooms! How beautiful your yard is!!!! I love how you have teas. It makes me wish I lived close to join you. HAH! Yes, I would invite myself. Kidding. :) Well... maybe not! :) I hope you have a great rest of your month! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a truly uplifting post with wonderful words and beautiful pictures. Thank you. The Dolly Parton song is lovely, I've never heard it before. But because it is mid winter here I'm quite happy for July to pass reasonably quickly 😊

    ReplyDelete


    Your comments are blessings to me, and I appreciate each and every one, they are precious to me! I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog... this is what makes blogging worthwhile! Have a blessed day!

    old entries

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes! Am I the Ellen that is the winner? What a blessing all your July gatherings are. Love the sound of your porch! What a great addition to your home that will be. We are socked in with smoke these days here with the fires all around. Enjoy the bounty from your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous flowers! Don't think I've ever seen a clematis; it's stunning!
    Glad y'all are safe from the fires. Praying they don't reach you.
    Yes, it's so hot here. We're in the triple digits now, and while we try to stay indoors, we still get very hot driving (no AC in truck) and sleeping. Summer has always been rough, but especially in our situation. Praying for God to help us each day.
    Thank you for sharing the beautiful verses. Our salvation in Christ is truly something to be thankful for! :)
    Many blessings,
    Valentine

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to me, and I appreciate each and every one, they are precious to me! I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog... this is what makes blogging worthwhile! Have a blessed day!

Labels

alpaca Annie apple pie apron august baking bible study tea Big Shot birthday blessings blooms bone broth book book review bread cacao camping Canada canning Charity Gayle Chicken and dumplings chicken fajitas chickens chicory Christmas cinnamon tea comfort food cookbook coyote crocus cross Dad visit dandelion tea death Debt free deer devotion digital scrapbooking dill pickles dog dress dried raspberry leaves Easter Edna Moseley eggs elderberry syrup Ellgreave. face masks fajita seasoning fall familycookbookproject fire flu flu remedy fog Foxwood Tea House game camera garden garden bluebird garden tea party gardening giveaway GOFUNDME Gram greenhouse handmade blouse Handmade Club harvest hike homemade bread homemade tortillas homemade vanilla extract Homer Laughlin hummingbirds hurricane hyacinth inspirational inspirational post iron skillet biscuits January 2013 jelly joy keto kombucha light llama logging love story Lucky the Elephant miracle Mister Simba moose Mother's Day Mountains MTS Photography mudslide music video Northern Lights orange orange vinegar spray Paintbrush Cookies painting peace peaceful PEI photography Pico de gallo pie crust plums poem poetry praise prayer Prince Edward Island pumpkin pie puppy kiss rainbow recipe recipes red barn resurrection Riley robin Roger Rose Hips roses scallop die scripture scripture journal season seasons seed starting sewing she-shed skies snake snow song sourdough sourdough rolls spain spring springter squirrel st patrick's day Star of Bethlehem storm storms suffering summer sunflower sunflowers sunrise sunset sunshine tea tea exchange tea house Tea party tea time Tea Time Magazine teacup teacup exchange teapot texas Thanksgiving Through Love's Eyes tiramisu tomatoes travel Tribute Tulips turkey turkey soup turkeys Turnbull Wildlife Refuge video walk walk the dogs walking wedding wildlife winter wolf zucchini