Happy Fall Wishes!

Monday, September 28, 2026

Happy Fall! 

Oh, how I love September! 

It is that time of year when cooler air arrives,

 settling among us with 

its welcome breath of fresh air, 

when mornings are 

for a fire in the stove, 

cozy blankets with cats snuggled close, 

the Bible in my hands, 

and coffee to sip on. 








The sunflowers continue to bravely lift their heads to heaven!


Summer squash season is over, and I am flash-freezing the bounty. 


After blanching the veggies in boiling water, they are ready for the freezer! I use them in soups and stews throughout the winter months. 


Cucumber pickles have been done! I used dill and garlic grown in my garden. Can't wait to give them a try! 


September is for bonfires! We've had abundant rain, so we've been enjoying the fire pit! 



Snuggles with Clara as she sleeps in Gramma's arms, around the bonfire. 



The chickens enjoy a bonfire too. No cleanup crew needed - they are on duty and ready! 



A wonderful stamp camp with my friends - we have so much fun together! Glad to be getting our Christmas cards all ready! 



I celebrated a birthday earlier this month, and I was blessed with these beautiful flowers. 



We had a bonfire with friends and family for my birthday. It was a wonderful day! 



A peek-a-boo glimpse of our home with the sunflower happy faces! 


Danika spent the day with Gramma, and bubbles was one of the fun activities we enjoyed together! 


Oh the joy of eating strawberries fresh from the garden! 


The moon has been glorious all week long! Wow! 

Such a beautiful harvest moon this year.




So bright and clear in the smoke-free, cloud-free skies!  




One of my favorite little spots in downtown Priest River. I've always hoped someone would open a little cafe here with open air dining, but for now it is vacant. It's such a lovely little spot. 


A dear friend treated me to breakfast for my birthday, and then we enjoyed a walk around town together. Fall colors are just getting started! So thankful for enduring friendships! 



The cooler weather means more soups and chili! I made chicken tortilla soup this week - oh my, it was soo good! 

My hollyhocks are outstanding! I love these beautiful flowers; they brighten up the landscape with their bright colors! 



More trees beginning to change colors. It is an exciting time of year :) 

Morning snuggles with our fur babies! 


Evening bonfires as the sun sets. Thank you, Lord, for the beauty of these days! 


Fall brings us so much to be thankful for! As summer's warmth slowly fades and fall's rich colors fill the world, we take joy in the moments this new season has brought us! Happy Fall, dear friends! 




14 comments

  1. So much beauty! September is lovely but flies by so quickly!
    Just like those cute grandkids - they grow too quickly.
    PS - we are having chili for supper tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. September-December are my fave months (but I mean i love June and August too!!). God has made us such a beautiful world to enjoy.
    Danika is precious and getting tall!! How I love the pic of her in the strawberry patch and the pic of you holding baby clara is so sweet.
    We've had 3 full days of rain here so our wood is wet wet wet. Hopefully by next weekend I can get a bonfire going before leaving for the Cape (Cape Cod) for a friends mini retreat on Sunday.

    I just love all of your videos. Thank you and God bless you!
    OH and happy belated Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many blessings to you, Marilyn! Your post always inspire me to love and enjoy every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that Harvest Moon is so very pretty, Marilyn. Your soups and chili will be so nice with the weather getting cooler. The cucumber pickles sound really good too. Your wood burning stove looks comforting, and I've already had to put my heater on as well. I love that picture of baby Clara sleeping with you, and the little ones love playing with the bubbles. Such a fun thing to do. They have the big bubble makers now, which are really neat. I look forward to seeing beautiful Autumn in your area, Marilyn. Happy October days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures, Marilyn! It looks so peaceful and comforting where you are. :)
    Texas is still holding on to summer temperatures; it was 98 yesterday and 96 today. ;)
    Danika and Clara are just precious! Glad you get to spend a lot of time with them.
    Happy belated birthday! My dad too recently had a birthday. :)
    Many blessings,
    Valentine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love the fall feel and everything looks so fun especally going out to eat friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos are gorgeous! You put all of fall in one post! I love the moon with the lacy branches in front of it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Belated Birthday, Marilyn! I love the fall, too, and your photos certainly capture the feel of this wonderful season. And that moon? Simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So wonderful that bonfires are okay again. It is such a special time of year. Sounds like you are wrapping up September in a delightful way with your garden bounty and lovely setting. I so enjoy soup and chili weather...and hot shower weather! It was good to feel the joy coming from your post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello,
    Oh I love your photos. :-)
    We had a bumper pepper crop this year. I am making dried pepper flakes for Christmas gifts.
    We will be harvesting our potatoes on Friday. I am ready for potato soup.
    Happy October!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pictures are beautiful. I enjoyed seeing them. I remember going to a farm and picking fresh strawberries with my granddaughters when they were very little. It was so much fun.It's great to be able to spend time with family and friends- looks like a fun time. Your chili looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Marilyn such a fun post with lots of fall inspiration. The garden is always plentiful. The chicken tortilla soup and chili is always tasty. You little looks like she loves spending time with Grandma. Picking strawberries is a treat. Love the autumn photos. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful photographs on your post . . . I really enjoy the 'BER' months.
    Belated good wishes for your birthday.
    Sweet photographs of Danika and Clara.
    It's hard to believe that October is knocking on the door - the months fly by.

    Enjoy your Autumn/Fall days.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to me, and I appreciate each and every one, they are precious to me! I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog... this is what makes blogging worthwhile! Have a blessed day!

Labels

alpaca Annie apple pie apron august baking bible study tea Big Shot birthday blessings blooms bone broth book book review bread cacao camping Canada canning Charity Gayle Chicken and dumplings chicken fajitas chickens chicory Christmas cinnamon tea comfort food cookbook coyote crocus cross Dad visit dandelion tea death Debt free deer devotion digital scrapbooking dill pickles dog dress dried raspberry leaves Easter Edna Moseley eggs elderberry syrup Ellgreave. face masks fajita seasoning fall familycookbookproject fire flu flu remedy fog Foxwood Tea House game camera garden garden bluebird garden tea party gardening giveaway GOFUNDME Gram greenhouse handmade blouse Handmade Club harvest hike homemade bread homemade tortillas homemade vanilla extract Homer Laughlin hummingbirds hurricane hyacinth inspirational inspirational post iron skillet biscuits January 2013 jelly joy keto kombucha light llama logging love story Lucky the Elephant miracle Mister Simba moose Mother's Day Mountains MTS Photography mudslide music video Northern Lights orange orange vinegar spray Paintbrush Cookies painting peace peaceful PEI photography Pico de gallo pie crust plums poem poetry praise prayer Prince Edward Island pumpkin pie puppy kiss rainbow recipe recipes red barn resurrection Riley robin Roger Rose Hips roses scallop die scripture scripture journal season seasons seed starting sewing she-shed skies snake snow song sourdough sourdough rolls spain spring springter squirrel st patrick's day Star of Bethlehem storm storms suffering summer sunflower sunflowers sunrise sunset sunshine tea tea exchange tea house Tea party tea time Tea Time Magazine teacup teacup exchange teapot texas Thanksgiving Through Love's Eyes tiramisu tomatoes travel Tribute Tulips turkey turkey soup turkeys Turnbull Wildlife Refuge video walk walk the dogs walking wedding wildlife winter wolf zucchini