Happy September! And Some Book News!

Friday, September 4, 2026

Oh, what a joy it is to welcome the beautiful month of September! It seems this entire year has just flown by, and here we are sailing into Fall with all its splendor. The trees have begun their gentle color flush, the grass is withering, and the flowers are fading... with the most brilliant colors of Fall on the horizon - I can't wait! 


August was a busy month! The garden was producing and keeping me busy! 


Always a good feeling to put up canned vegetables for the winter months. 



My stamping friends and I got together to start working on Christmas cards. I can't even wrap my mind around it... But here we are! The "ber" months are here!


We always have so much fun together! 



One evening, I was working in my garden when I saw this striking cloud formation at sunset. It looked like a heart that was spreading its wings...





A short while later, the clouds were moving quickly, and the form slowly disappeared.  


I love watching the clouds, especially at sunset - they are filled with wonder and incredible colors! 



Danika spent her first night away from her parents with us! We had so much fun on our first sleepover. From the moment she awoke (4:30 in the morning!) until she fell asleep in my arms at bedtime, she wanted to be outside. Here she is in her nightclothes, wearing my shoes, ready to go feed the chickens!! 



She loved picking strawberries fresh out of the garden. My everbearing strawberries are producing huge berries right now! 



We watched the amazing August moon come up! It was incredibly beautiful! So bright and full in the night sky. Danika watched the moon with me. We shared the wonder of its beauty together. 





I bought a box of peaches from a local supplier, and froze them for my girls to use in smoothies for the grands. They love a fruit smoothie for breakfast. 



I also bought a box of pears and canned pear sauce for the girls. It is so yummy mixed with cottage cheese! Or just by itself. I add no sugar - just a bit of lemon juice. So good! 



Had a wonderful tea party last week. Because the weather has been so hot, we had it in the evening. It was truly delightful to visit with dear friends and watch the lights come on and the stars come out. I took this picture after everyone had left. 


It brings my heart such joy to enjoy my garden with friends!


And of course, enjoy all the wonderful food - everyone brings something, and it is a delight to have so many yummies to sample!



The August moon eclipse was incredible! I got to watch it from my garden as I was cleaning up from the tea party! What a blessing to see such a spectacular wonder in the sky. 



Because our skies have been so smoky, it was truly miraculous that we could see the eclipse of the moon! The skies were clear, and the stars were out. 



We went to Creston, BC, with Dan's cousin and his wife on a Saturday. They live very close to the Canadian border, so they often "go across" into Canada. We had a wonderful time with them. 


We ate at a lovely restaurant in Creston, and they ordered a Creme Brulé for us to share. It was delicious! 





We also stopped by Tim Hortons for a late afternoon double-double coffee. My Canadian readers will know what that means {smiles}. I did get mine a decaf as I wanted to sleep that night! 



As we were crossing back into the USA, we could see the Upper Smith wildfire burning. It is a massive wildfire (4808 acres) that was started by lightning and has been burning for several months in northern Idaho. 



We were treated to gorgeous sunset skies on our way home. 



More produce picked from the garden - now it is keeping me busy every day! 




Praise God, I have finished writing my first Christian fiction book! It has been sent to my editor! This will be a bit of a process, but once the editing and formatting are complete, I will be ready to publish. I am more than ready! Here is a sneak peek of the cover! You can visit my website, MOUNTAINTOPSPICE, to read more about the story. It has been a fun journey writing the book! 

If you would like to be part of my launch team for this book, with benefits that will include a free signed copy of my book, please email me! 

I hope you are having a wonderful start to your September, and I keep all of my precious readers in my daily thoughts and prayers!! 

Ephesians 1:15-20

Wherefore I also, after I heard 

of your faith in the Lord Jesus, 

and love unto all the saints,  

Cease not to give thanks for you, 

making mention of you in my prayers;  

That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, 

the Father of glory, 

may give unto you the spirit of wisdom 

and revelation in the knowledge of him:  

The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; 

that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, 

and what the riches of the glory 

of his inheritance in the saints,  

And what is the exceeding greatness of his power 

to us-ward who believe, 

according to the working of his mighty power, 

Which he wrought in Christ, 

when he raised him from the dead, 

and set him at his own right hand 

in the heavenly places.







27 comments

  1. Marilyn, you have had an incredible summer and now we are headed into Autumn. Lovely trip over the border you took with family and friends! Canning your own fresh food. I miss my homegrown veggies but I no longer miss the hard work it takes. You are to be commended for continuing this process. Beautiful sky photos but so sad this year with so very many fires. Lynn and Precious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gets more work the older I get, for sure and I understand your reasons for not gardening! We are so grateful for the cooler weather and fire bans have been lifted. Praise God!! Blessings to you and Precious!

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful post here...harvesting...moonlight shared with a precious little Danika....friends and parties. I love visiting here and peeking into your world. I would certainly be willing to be part of your launch team. Let me know if you need another 'launcher' and let me know what you need me to do. Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Diana! I will add you to my team list and send an email out to you soon with more details. I am glad Blogger comments seems to have been resolved. Blessings to you today! Happy Labor Day weekend!

      Delete
  3. Yes, Blogger is back up and running! I would be honored to help you promote your book when you do have it published, Marilyn. Congratulations! And thank you for all the lovely photos you always share with us. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martha for persevering to comment with the blogger issues yesterday! I am so excited to add you to my launch team and will email younwith more details! Have a blessed Labor Day weekend!

      Delete
  4. Testing to see if blogger is allowing comments again...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a pleasure to ready your August catch-up and beginning of the 'ber' months welcome here this morning. I'm happy that Blogger got the glitch fixed so I can comment, too. You had a very productive August from the garden and in your kitchen. How sweet to have the grandgirlie sleep over! Your garden tea looked enchanting. Happy Labor Day weekend. Hopefully we can get some good labor done around here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad your garden has been doing well! Aww, I'm happy that Danika enjoyed her first sleepover-so cute!
    It's so sad how many fires there have been. Currently an hour away from us, Ross Fire is among the largest wildfires in North Texas history- more than 90,000 acres.
    Congratulations on your first Christian fiction book, Marilyn! How exciting!
    Many blessings,
    Valentine

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been busy! What fun to spend time with Danika on her first sleepover. The moon photos are gorgeous - what an amazing sight. Congratulations on your novel, Marilyn. It's a great accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marilyn, that's exciting news about your book! I love movies like that....snow, mystery, romance. That heart in the clouds is something else! I love when we see images in the skies. And your moon photo is really neat. How fun to get together with neighbors and start working on Christmas cards. It's not that far off. Little Danika looks so cute on your porch wearing your shoes getting ready to feed the chickens. The canned pears will be nice for you to enjoy later. You know, pears used to be my favorite fruit as a child until Cherries took over haha. I hope the fires are under control in northern Idaho. Living in California, I'm very familiar. I always love to see the nature in your area, Marilyn, and I thank you for always including that in your posts. I have relatives in Idaho, and they send me pics from time to time. I wish you a beautiful September week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You live in such a beautiful place! I can see how your garden is keeping you so busy! I'm so excited for you and your book!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun to have your first all night sleep over with Danika, looks like you enjoyed a busy and fun filled day.
    Wonderful to have those times with friends, and having it in the evening is a good idea, we have had terrible warm temps too, today we at least started out cooler, still got up to 88 but better than 100's any day. Yes the garden is keeping me busy too. Our green beans are nearing there end, but other than that, it is going strong. Good luck with your book!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A new book, how exciting, Marilyn! I can wait to read it. It looks like you've been enjoying the last few weeks of summer and I can't believe how grown up your granddaughter is!! Where has the time gone. Also your canning pictures remind me of your burn a few months back. How's your hand? I hope it doesn't give you any trouble and you're all healed up!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello! New here…Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog. Your images are wonderful! Especially the one of crème Brûlée! Love the stuff. Hope you have a fabulous rest of he week!
    Hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  13. How exciting Marilyn!! Congratulations on your new book.
    I enjoyed all your photos. Thank you for the update regarding the wildfires, we do not receive the news on the wildfires. That irritates me at times. Now I know how to pray for your area. Thank you again.
    Happy Harvesting!
    Carla


    ReplyDelete
  14. You get some of the most beautiful sky pictures! Oh, and your tea parties are wonderful! Congratulations on your new book. Little Danika is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on your book! What an accomplishment. I'm so proud of you. Love the cloud formations and fun you've had this summer. It flew by! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  16. How fun to have Danika for her first sleepover! Your evening tea party looked so pretty, Marilyn, and it is nice when everybody brings something to share. All your produce looks wonderful as well as your canning jars filled with goodness. You are such a busy lady, and yet you have time to write a book??!! You are truly amazing! Congratulations!
    P. S. I thought the cloud looked like an angel in flight.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Marilyn what a bliss to live in such a wonderful place packed with busting natural beauty wow
    i feel spellbound with the beauty of your surrounding each time dear friend🥹❤️
    congratulations for the good harvest and accomplishment of canning vegetables for the winters👍
    little angle Danika is growing fast by the grace of kind God!!! i wish her health and happiness in life always🙏❤️ She looks absolutely ready to participate in house chore with her grandma :)))
    i
    having friends over tea party is fun always🥰
    glad you could enjoy crossing to Canada :) must be fun
    sorry for fire ,look so horrible and scary .Thank goodness that God is Guarding your area !!!
    heartfelt best wishes for your coming book ,which sounds amazing via it's name
    i still feel bad that my son could not understand why he could not grab your cookbook in his email or whatever the way you have used :( .so i have decided to not put him this test again :( otherwise i would have love to read your book dear friend !
    sending love ,prayers and hugs!❤️🫂🥹🙏

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Marilyn...such healthy looking produce coming from your garden..I admire the hard work that goes in to canning veggies. And wow, those peaches look wonderful. Your grands are going to be so appreciative of the fresh fruit in their smoothes. so sad to see so much land burning and this year it has been all across the land. Canada is a beautiful Country ...I've been there a couple of times and throughly enjoyed both visits. What a great idea to wait until late evening to have a party.. It is so hot around here STILL. BTW. l saw the picture you posted of your sister...she is a beautiful lady. Love the heart shape in the cloud...Isn't it wonderful to look up into the big bright sky and see a wonderful God wink like a heart. Hope you have a wonderful week and your family as well..

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is always so wonderful to come here and catch up with you, dear friend. I'm so excited for your new book, and having read some of it, I can surely vouch for how wonderful it is!! I'm so sorry I haven't got to finish it yet. I pray I will get to do that soon. Sending much love and hugs to you today!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So much happiness in one post, Marilyn. Darling Danika and gardening and crafting with friends and the moon. I'm so excited about your book! Good for you.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on your new book, Marilyn! I am so happy for you and love that cover! I'd be happy to feature it in a Literary Chatter post.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Danika is such a cutie. How fun to have a night with her. Your gardens are always amaze me. Celebrating with friends is always fun. Your photos of the sky are always amazing. Good luck with the new book. Happy Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello! I am sorry I have not been around. Your summer looks to be lovely, and your photos beautiful!!! Congratulations on your book!!!!!! What an accomplishment, my friend!!! Happy and Blessed autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a lovely, joy-filled August! Your garden looks wonderful, and I especially loved the photo of the heart-shaped cloud. Congratulations on finishing your book too.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to me, and I appreciate each and every one, they are precious to me! I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog... this is what makes blogging worthwhile! Have a blessed day!

Labels

alpaca Annie apple pie apron august baking bible study tea Big Shot birthday blessings blooms bone broth book book review bread cacao camping Canada canning Charity Gayle Chicken and dumplings chicken fajitas chickens chicory Christmas cinnamon tea comfort food cookbook coyote crocus cross Dad visit dandelion tea death Debt free deer devotion digital scrapbooking dill pickles dog dress dried raspberry leaves Easter Edna Moseley eggs elderberry syrup Ellgreave. face masks fajita seasoning fall familycookbookproject fire flu flu remedy fog Foxwood Tea House game camera garden garden bluebird garden tea party gardening giveaway GOFUNDME Gram greenhouse handmade blouse Handmade Club harvest hike homemade bread homemade tortillas homemade vanilla extract Homer Laughlin hummingbirds hurricane hyacinth inspirational inspirational post iron skillet biscuits January 2013 jelly joy keto kombucha light llama logging love story Lucky the Elephant miracle Mister Simba moose Mother's Day Mountains MTS Photography mudslide music video Northern Lights orange orange vinegar spray Paintbrush Cookies painting peace peaceful PEI photography Pico de gallo pie crust plums poem poetry praise prayer Prince Edward Island pumpkin pie puppy kiss rainbow recipe recipes red barn resurrection Riley robin Roger Rose Hips roses scallop die scripture scripture journal season seasons seed starting sewing she-shed skies snake snow song sourdough sourdough rolls spain spring springter squirrel st patrick's day Star of Bethlehem storm storms suffering summer sunflower sunflowers sunrise sunset sunshine tea tea exchange tea house Tea party tea time Tea Time Magazine teacup teacup exchange teapot texas Thanksgiving Through Love's Eyes tiramisu tomatoes travel Tribute Tulips turkey turkey soup turkeys Turnbull Wildlife Refuge video walk walk the dogs walking wedding wildlife winter wolf zucchini