Thursday, December 12, 2013

Three Big Events on September 3rd

You may have been wondering why I haven't been posting as much on my blog lately.  Or .... maybe you haven't wondered at all... lol... but the fact remains, this poor blog has been sadly neglected for the past few months.

It all started back on September 3rd, to be exact.  Three big, major events took place that day.

First, it was our children's first day back to school, and my daughter's last day of the first day of school... because she is going to graduate this year!  I can't believe how fast the years have flown by and here we are at 12th grade, the last, first day of school for her!  Oh my.

The second big event of the day was that my sister, her husband and sweet little baby girl left us to go back  home after a wonderful vacation with us.  We were all so very sad to see them go!

We had had such a wonderful and special time together while they were here, but the time went by way too fast, and before we knew it, we had arrived at the airport to wave goodbye to them!

And then, the third major event of the day was quite catastrophic.  I received a call from my husband that was broken up and hard to understand late that afternoon.  As I tried to make sense of what he was saying, with the bad connection, I finally was able to understand clearly what I knew I really did not want to hear.

The motor on the 18-wheeler had blown a piston while going down a mountain pass in Montana.  He had very little service there, and then the service we did have, dropped.  So, here I was with this information that the motor had blown on the truck, and now, I couldn't get through to my DH.

One of the first things I knew would be a problem was the load he was carrying, and to try and figure out how to get it off the truck, and back to the shipper.

One piece of the puzzle made things easier, as my husband finally got back in touch with me through the cell phone of the caretaker of the rest area that he had been able to coast into.  He was able to leave the trailer there with the load on because there was a caretaker who lived at the rest area.  That brought a big sigh of relief.  Because tow trucks in this state are not allowed to haul trucks with a trailer, we had to leave the loaded trailer behind.

The tow company hauled "Big Blue" home, and then we had to work on renting a truck out of Spokane to go back to the rest area in Montana, and haul the trailer, and load back to the shipper.  Then we had to bring the trailer home, and then take the rental truck back to Spokane.

Needless to say, all this was a big upset for us, trying to make all this happen.

My husband and I went for a drive together to just kind of work through some of the things we had going on the next day, and as we drove, I was so thankful I had brought my camera with me, because the most beautiful scenery unfolded in front of us, as the day drew to a close.  I never tire of the sunsets here in Idaho, each one is unique, and beautiful in its own way.

As we watched the beautiful sunset fade off in the distance, it was a beautiful reminder to us both, that no matter what the day holds, there is always beauty to find in it somewhere, and even at the close of the day, as we watched the sun set, we knew that all was well.  We weren't sure how it was going to be, but we just felt that calm, reassurance and rest in the Lord, that it was.

And it is!

I have more to tell.... will be posting quite a few updates hopefully over the next few days, Lord willing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are blessings to me, and I appreciate each and every one, they are precious to me! I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog... this is what makes blogging worthwhile! Have a blessed day!