Welcome Spring!

Wednesday, April 24, 2019

The warm rays of the sun 
playing amidst the droplets of water 
spilled by quickly passing spring storms 
leaving us with magnificent rainbows in the skies, 
brilliant emerald green grass poking its head up 
amongst the dead browns of winter's leftovers
delicate wildflowers lifting shy faces to the sun
crocuses, hyacinths and daffodils spreading wide their blooms
have the world all aglow in springtime joy here. 
Spring, you are a WELCOME sight!


Sweet smelling blooms!  The hyacinths have the most intoxicating scent
and greet us as we enter and leave our front door. 


The cheery faces of the crocuses were the first to pop in my garden. I snapped this picture on Saturday, that "in-between" day between the crucifixion and the resurrection.  On that day over 2000 years ago, hopes had been dashed, fears realized, doubt and shame reigned, and life surely did not feel worth the living.  It was a long desperately sad day after the crucifixion.  I'm so thankful that today we know the rest of the story... we know now that HE arose and triumphed over death, hell and the grave forever more, yet I can't help but remember that on this day how things looked so hopeless for all believers then though they had been told it would happen.  An eternal lesson for us all to remember that even in the darkest hour, hope will spring eternally... and just as winter is long and cold, hope does spring anew again.  This little crocus was the first to pop its head out of the ground and lift its face to the sun after winter's long stay.
It reminds me to be thankful for the hope that we have! 

These trout lilies are the first wildflowers of the season, even Miss Riley
was interested in their sweet little bloom!


My garden has finally been "unpacked" after the long winter's blanket of snow has melted.
How wonderful it is to have my garden back in service for the season!

The sound of running water cycling through this fountain is so soothing as I work. 
My plate glass flowers  I've made form the centerpiece on the table. 

My succulents are thrilled about being brought back to the sunshine again.
I had lots of new "babies" to plant as they multiplied over the winter, which I always find amazing!
Inside my greenhouse, the seedlings are growing wonderfully.
We are all looking forward to the warm summer days! 

I will have flowers, lots of flowers!  The above are zinnias, sunflowers, and bachelor buttons. 

Happy happy happy mail came my way!  A dear sweet friend of mine, Marilyn from Pink Paper Cottage sent me a delightful package of goodies! She and I both share a love for paper crafting, and are inspiring each other by winging delights across the miles that we have crafted by hand for each other.
 I can tell you this... Marilyn's skillfulness with paper is absolutely amazing! 
Look at all the goodies she handcrafted for me!  Delight upon delight!
She made me a gorgeous garden journal using special paper she tells me she had hoarded for years. 
She and I both share a paper hoarding issue, ha! And she honored me by using up her special stash of paper to make me this gorgeous envelope album! She also made me a set of 4 little Easter chocolate holders, and the box had chocolate Easter eggs sprinkled in the green confetti... such a thoughtful beautifully packaged gift!

Each page is an "envelope" design which holds multiple tags and cards, on which I can journal thoughts and details from
my season in the garden! Isn't this just such a lovely creation! 
Also tucked in the pocket of the journal were these seed packets! Two of them needed to start as seedings, the Shasta daisies and the marigolds, and they immediately got a start out in my greenhouse! The other two will be sown directly into the soil. 

She also made me this GORGEOUS paper rosette wand! It is soo amazing! And is perfect for me, as it says "Flowers" on it! Marilyn knows me well {smiles} 
Marilyn has an Etsy store if you would like to shop with her. She makes the most amazing gifts, and truly puts a big part of her heart into every creation. If you would like to stop by and say hello and just browse her beautiful designs, her Etsy store can be found here Marilyn blogs at MyPinkPaperCottage, with a blog full of delightful creative designs that she has made!

Thank you again, Marilyn, for such a generous gift, and I will certainly be scratching my head trying to come up with something to send back your direction {smiles}

The hills were calling my husband and I! As the snow has melted enough for us to get the 4-wheelers out, we took a spin
up into the mountains around our home and were amazed at the gorgeous views, despite the chilly winds up there!

On yonder mountains, snow caps still remain, a beautiful sight when spring is awakening the world below them. 

It is magnificent to see the snow-capped mountains in the distance,
and there was no snow around us when I took this picture.  

But as we continued to wind our way up the mountains,
eventually we had to turn around as we met the snow-line and decided to go no farther. 

The trout lilies, one of the first wildflowers of the season here were out in grand number on the hillsides around us.
Their delicate beauty is a delight to see amidst all the brown!


If only I could convey to you the delightful smell of these hyacinths!
I can't get enough of their glorious scent, each time I walk through the door I have to stop and smell their fragrance. 
Simple glorious delights!

The delights of spring are upon us and beautiful days with warming temperatures, abundant sunshine, and gentle rains.  It is that time of year when I'm merely in the house for absolute necessities, and the remainder of our time is spent outdoors. I love winter dearly, but I am embracing this season of spring with great abandon!

Today I will be tilling the garden in preparation for early spring planting of peas, spinach, lettuce and soon, potatoes.   The delights.... and chores... of spring are many, and they must be enjoyed and done now... time waits for no man! So I must don my hat and gloves and get back to business in the garden and our yard.  {smiles}

I hope that all of you are having a pleasant and lovely week, enjoying the pleasures of springtime :)

58 comments

  1. Oh how I would love to sit in your garden...after I play in your paper crafting pretties! What a beautiful gift from your friend. She knew exactly what you love and you'll have fun with it all. I used to say Take time to play on my blog! Maybe I should go back and add it! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is important to take time to play, I agree Diane! It is such fun to have happy mail indeed! I would love to have you come to tea in my garden and craft together! I hope you have a lovely week :)

      Delete
  2. Each visit to your blog is like a breath of fresh air. I feel your excitement for life and your deep inner joy and peace. Thanks for sharing these lovely pictures, but thanks more for sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My faith in the Lord is my strength Ruth... so thankful for the beautiful pictures and thoughts you always share too! May the Lord bless your week in a special way! Hugs :)

      Delete
  3. Your greenhouse is certainly full of lovely plants. I did enjoy the glimpses of Spring in your gartden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is exciting to see the advances of spring in our world for sure! Blessings to you sweet friend!

      Delete
  4. We are having snow again tonight and tomorrow here on the island, Marilyn. It seems never ending this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry Marie, this has been such a strange year. We had a hard freeze last night, down to 24 degrees, that cold of a freeze seems unusual to me. I hope your snow melts quickly though!!

      Delete
  5. oh my, Marilyn! pinks and purples, yellows, blues and greens. you sure know how to make spring come alive, friend ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is wonderful to see the advances of springtime in our world! Always appreciate your visits Linda, have a blessed week :)

      Delete
  6. You have one of the most interesting home gardens I have ever seen! I know you must have fun out there.

    Thank you, too, for the beautiful mountain pictures. It's nearing 2 years since my husband and I left the Rocky Mountains to live in Florida, so I your mountain views are refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I do have so much fun in my garden, it is hard to pull me indoors once nice weather comes! I know you must miss the mountains terribly, they become a part of your heart!

      Hoping your transition to your new home has gone well, I will be over for a visit to your blog soon :) Blessings!

      Delete
  7. Marilyn, thank you so much for the beautiful Easter card! It has a place on honor on my fireplace mantle! So happy to have spring and looking forward to seeing your sweet garden pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun to share happy mail with you Gina! Such a blessing :)

      Delete
  8. Oh dear Marilyn! What a precious post...especially because of the way you shared the Gospel. I love your garden being back out again...and the greenhouse...oh, my husband would love it! Thank you for sharing all of the lovely things contained in your gift box from Marilyn. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words Dianna, and oh yes, how I do love my greenhouse! It has been such a blessing to have it. My children bought it for me for Mother's Day several years ago, and it has made such a difference in my gardening here in this cold climate! I hope you are having a wonderful week :) Blessings!

      Delete
  9. I love your colourful garden!! And with those seeds from your friend the area will be surrounded by even more flowers.
    The Hyacinth I took into the house today ( it was falling over) is not a pretty pink, in fact it's plain white but it smells wonderfully too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love the smell of the hyacinth! It still has a wonderful fragrance today, but I know that it is diminishing. Every time I have walked in and out the door, I have stopped to smell it. I'm so thankful for the delight it has brought me! I hope you are having a lovely week :) Blessings!

      Delete
  10. Yay, for Spring! I am so glad to see your garden set up and "back in service." I so love those lovely outings you do. I spent almost two weeks outside getting things squared away in the gardens. I was tired at the end of the days, but it was a good kind of tired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely a good kind of tired to be out working in our gardens! I enjoy it so much, and look forward to enjoying the months of blooms we will get to enjoy :) Blessings to you!

      Delete
  11. Your garden is so quirky and fun and inviting and I absolutely adore it! I've just been staring at the picture, there's so many amazing things to see! And your friend Marilyn is very talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sweet friend Marilyn is a very talented gal, I just love her creations, they are amazing! I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures of my garden, it is such a blessing to have that space, and I'm so thankful for it! Blessings to you sweet friend :)

      Delete
  12. Hello Marilyn, Spring must have arrived in our area this week while Hubby and I are at the Oregon coast. When we left home on Saturday the trees weren't even budded out in our yard. Yet, I look on your garden and I see spring!!! It gives me great hope as to what may be awaiting us when we go home in a few days. Thank you for the pretty glimpses and I adore your garden.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring has arrived here Betsy! The leaves on the trees are starting to bud out, and I'm sure down there where you live they already are! It is such a beautiful time of year to enjoy, isn't it! Have a great week, we are getting some glorious sunshine this week! :)

      Delete
  13. Oh I can just "hear" your excitement for Spring! Your garden area is just so magical... I can see it being geared up for tea parties! The pink hyacinth is just gorgeous and I bet it smells wonderful. I never seem to have much luck with them.. don't know why. I plant some almost every year but they just don't do much. Must be the climate where I live. I loved seeing your "top of the world" photos and the snow capped peaks in the distance. Reminds me of where I lived up in Washougal, Washington... I could drive from our house up to the mountains and stand and look way to the south to the Cascade Mountain Ranges... it was just Heavenly.. in fact... a part of Heaven was there I'm sure. You are amazing! All you've done with your garden and planting and things in your greenhouse! Wow.. so much energy. Have a wonderful week and hope the nice weather continues. Hugs.. Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would miss the mountains so very much too Marilyn! I wish I could bottle some of their joy up and send it to you! You certainly shared such sweet and special joys with me as I opened your beautiful package to me! Truly such a sweet precious friend you are, so very talented and gifted! I've had so much fun out in the yard this week, and even planted some peas, spinach and lettuce. Spring is here! So exciting to see it as it all unfolds! I have really enjoyed the hyacinth I got from Walmart. It was the best $5 I've spent! I have smelled its glorious scent every time I've come through that door. Oh joy! I hope you are getting the sunshine there that we are here. It is lovely! A great week ahead :) Blessings to you sweet friend, I'm still feeling the joy of your precious package, and am on the last few of the chocolate eggs. I'm savoring them {smiles} Sweet hugs sent your way!

      Delete
    2. Marilyn.... thank you for the reply and the shout out. I'm glad you're enjoying that Easter candy too! It was so fun putting that package together. You have so much energy! Planting already! Wow.... we have had a few nice days of sunshine and I'm feeling more like getting out into the yard. I transplanted some raspberries and have pruned a few things and mowed our grass a couple of times. Not much "gardening" energy or motivation yet, as nights are still so cold (midd 20's). I would think it gets way cold there at night too still??? Thank you for the hugs..... sending them back to you! Marilyn

      Delete
  14. Marilyn, Your garden area is a delight! I look forward to seeing your summer tea time posts.
    Such a sweet gift box of loving friendship from the other Marilyn!! :-) I love the envelope idea. I've been sorting my hoarded craft supplies and trying to figure out how to organize it all now that I have a craft room. It's a little overwhelming.
    Gorgeous vistas, as usual. Snow-capped mountains make the best backdrop!
    Have a blessed weekend, my friend!!! {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited to hear your craft room is ready Anne! Such excitement to have a place in which to create! I love my little space too, it is such a blessing. So happy to have spring finally here, we have lots of sunshine here this week, and that is always exciting :) Blessings to you!

      Delete
  15. This is just beautiful! I love your garden! How bright and pretty...looks like a playhouse to me. :) Marilyn, what you wrote about the day after the crucifixion, how hopeless all believers must have felt...is so touching. I had never thought about that. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so impressed with your gardening prowess, Marilyn, and that you have a working greenhouse to keep plants going over the winter, and to start new seedlings. The photos of the gorgeous flowers made my day!
    Blessings, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Spring ~ enjoy planting and playing outdoors.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  18. What sweet pictures. LOVE your GARDEN! Like, wow! I would sit out there (weather permitting) in the mornings with coffee in hand and do my daily devotional. Just love your sweet garden. The colors are so vibrant. Thank you for sharing. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello,
    Your greenhouse looks like it is doing a great job helping those seedlings grow. :-) Do you heat your greenhouse?
    I love your garden area. I like the colors you chose to make it special. Your succulent planters are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love that you have unpacked your garden, it looks like a place you would find such relaxation and pleasure. The gift you received is beautiful, she did a wonderful job. I love the mountain photos and the 4 wheelers. I did the same when visiting Colorado and through your photos, I can re-experience the pleasure of the climb and the view. Happy gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a happy post this is! I love the hopeful little seedling and your inviting garden and, of course, packages in the mail. Wish I could drop by to admire it all and smell the hyacinths in their pretty pink pot.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Everything is beautiful Marilyn. What a delight for the eyes the scenery all around your home is.....and your garden just makes me smile.
    Enjoy the days of Spring! They have been simply glorious here also.
    May peace fill your lovely home.
    Hugs from Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  23. Spring has arrived in your area, Marilyn. I like the first verse in your words to describe it. The Purple Crocuses are beautiful, and that is truly my favorite color. I love those painted cans in your garden, how delightful. The garden journal your blog friend sent you is a special gift, and I love to journal as well. The skies are always so lovely where you live, Marilyn, with each season.

    I hope you have good days the remainder of April. I'm sure you are smiling big now that Spring is here.

    ~Sheri

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my goodness!
    Such beautiful photos of your springtime!
    Your garden is a delight.
    I can imagine the moments you spend there are so relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your flowers and plants look amazing and I love your sweet outdoor spaces.
    How very sweet to have a crafty friend to share with! Love your parcel.
    OH the gorgeous view from your quad! Oh the beauty of God's creation!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Marilyn you’re soo right about hyacinths they really are amazingly sweet, I’m enjoying our autumn roses here, and my sweetpeas are just poking through, I counted 32 today. So hopefully a bounty come our spring. Loved your other spring flowers some I’ve seen and some I have and yes loved the crocus reflection too. The LORD Jesus Christ gave His life for us, it is finished He cried when His righteous death purchsaed salvuton from sin for all mankind if we but believe in Him by faith, these lovely crocuses do remind us that He lives again .. as they do in all their beauty.
    Lord bless dear sister,
    Hugs Shaz in Oz.x


    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  27. So wonderful to stop by and visit with you today, sweet friend! It is wonderful to hear all the ways our dear Lord is blessing you during this spring season! New life and new blessings abound all around. He is SO good in every season of the year as well as every season of our lives. Changes come and go, but He remains faithful and steadfast through it all. May He continue to pour out His richest blessings on you always!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Loved seeing all of your beautiful photographs.
    The views, the scenery all around your home is breathtakingly gorgeous.

    Enjoy your spring-time.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh- Marilyn! What a wonderful post. I LOVE your garden area--it is such a lovely get-away and I can almost hear that water running from here. You live in such a pretty area- what a blessing!

    Those paper crafts are amazing and I am going to go check your friend's blog out and say hello.

    I hope you have a really blessed week! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  30. You have such a beautiful garden already and so nice that you have a green house to grow everything. How nice to have received that happy mail too. Happy spring to you.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful snippets of spring, and a lovely gift! Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love all of those Spring flowers,so pretty☺

    ReplyDelete
  33. Ahhh spring with it's warmer weather and blooming flowers, I just love it, when all the browns turn green, and the days get longer, Love it. Your garden is so pretty and colorful and looks like you have a good amount of seedlings already that is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love the looks of the trout lillies, I have never seen it around here. I too love those early Spring blooms.Those tiny flowers are so lovely! Looks like you have great seeds to plant soon. The garden looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Springtime is a very colorful event at your place! It's all lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a delightful post . . . Your garden is so much fun, it made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Your garden is so bright and cheery! What a total delight to be able to sit out there and enjoy nature and your beautiful handiwork.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thank you for sharing your lovely spring beginnings with us! I love seeing your garden unpacked...and that fountain is delightful, along with your dinner plate flowers! Your friend certainly sent you some lovely things...she is definitely very creative and talented! Love the wildflowers and the views...Your home/surroundings is just marvelous. Thank you for sharing with us. Happy Spring time!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Beautiful photos and enjoyable to read!

    ReplyDelete
  40. What a beeeeeautiful place you have! Love all the pink and poetry of this post. 💕

    ReplyDelete
  41. I tell ya... there is nothing like Spring in Idaho. The air is crisp (no smoke) and clean. The grass is green and OH the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  42. The unity and national day of prayer gathering sounds very nice. I hope your daughter's trip to Spain was all that she hoped for.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Such a beautiful spring post Marilyn! I hope all your plants and seedlings are doing well.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to me, and I appreciate each and every one, they are precious to me! I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog... this is what makes blogging worthwhile! Have a blessed day!

Labels

alpaca Annie apple pie apron baking bible study tea Big Shot birthday blessings blooms bone broth book book review bread camping Canada canning Charity Gayle Chicken and dumplings chicken fajitas chickens Christmas cinnamon tea comfort food coyote crocus cross Dad visit dandelion tea death Debt free deer devotion digital scrapbooking dill pickles dog dress dried raspberry leaves Easter Edna Moseley eggs elderberry syrup Ellgreave. face masks fall familycookbookproject fire flu flu remedy fog Foxwood Tea House game camera garden garden bluebird garden tea party gardening giveaway Gram greenhouse handmade blouse Handmade Club harvest hike homemade bread homemade tortillas homemade vanilla extract Homer Laughlin hummingbirds hurricane hyacinth inspirational inspirational post iron skillet biscuits January 2013 jelly joy keto kombucha light llama logging love story Lucky the Elephant miracle Mister Simba moose Mother's Day Mountains MTS Photography mudslide music video Northern Lights orange orange vinegar spray Paintbrush Cookies painting peace PEI photography Pico de gallo pie crust plums poem poetry praise prayer Prince Edward Island pumpkin pie puppy kiss rainbow recipe recipes red barn resurrection Riley robin Roger Rose Hips roses scallop die scripture journal season seasons seed starting sewing she-shed skies snake snow song sourdough spain spring springter squirrel Star of Bethlehem storm storms suffering summer sunflower sunflowers sunrise sunset sunshine tea tea exchange tea house Tea party tea time Tea Time Magazine teacup teacup exchange teapot texas Thanksgiving Through Love's Eyes tiramisu tomatoes travel Tribute Tulips turkey turkey soup turkeys Turnbull Wildlife Refuge video walk walk the dogs walking wedding wildlife winter wolf zucchini