November Days and a Prayer Request

Saturday, November 7, 2020

Winter snow in October
Fall weather in November
Shall we have Spring in December? 
I wonder... strange as 2020 has been, maybe it will be so! 

Here are some bits and pieces from my November days so far... 

Our Blazing Red Maple has the most beautifully colored bright red leaves,
and this one I captured in the snow that we had in October.  The snow has now completely melted. 

I've had a bit more time to spend in my office/crafting space these days, since the garden got put to bed so early this year.  I've had fun doing some scrapbooking, and have found that I love these little fairy lights that are on a timer.  They come on in the afternoon just as it is getting dark and stay on for 6 hours.  They add a cozy feel to any space! 


I saw a recipe on Youtube for a microwave cake.  I've never made a cake in the microwave... have you? So, I thought I would give it a try. My oven recently had some issues which my husband was able to fix, but in the days when it wasn't working, I had to use my microwave, a lot.  So I found this cake recipe.  It was really good, I was surprised :) Here is the link to the recipe... takes only 8 minutes! Microwave Cake

And of course... what is a microwave cake without a cup of tea? A dear friend sent me a box of birthday goodies, including this gorgeous butterfly teacup. Oh how I love it! 

Hmmm... someone else thought the microwave cake looked good too...
but I wasn't sharing {wink} 


I've finally found the time to sit down and craft a memory scrapbook of our daughter's wedding.  I'm using Stampin Up's album which keeps things very simple.  In years past, I've spent hours on a single page.  I've decided to go the simpler route these past few years.  How about you? Have your scrapbooks evolved in style over the years? 


We've had some amazing sunsets the last few weeks.  Some days, we never see the sun at all, until the last moments of the day, and then the sun's rays are just spectacular!  This view was taken through my living room window while we still had snow on the ground.  

My neighbor's barn with the incredible sunset backdrop. 

Another evening as we walked, the skies were filled with this brilliant display. 



And tonight as I walked, the skies had ripples of rosy waves that billowed through the gray skies.
My walk began under heavy gray skies, but suddenly the skies burst with brilliant red waves and I finished my walk under the umbrella of its late-night rosy goodnight, like a sweet kiss from Heaven itself. I wrote the following when I got home: 

Do not despair,
when the darkness of the day
carries its weight
in worry and deep prayer
In the waning dark moment
a sweet kiss from heaven
May just be waiting
to brighten your weary pathway.


I know that the election is weighing heavy on the heart of those of us here in the United States as we wait and watch and pray for the results to be finalized.  Regardless of what the outcome may be, one thing I know absolutely for sure.  Our God is still Lord over this world, and no matter how we think things should be, sometimes God's answers surprise us, and may even bring pain, sorrow, and suffering to us, but in the end... it is all for the best. 

I am reminded of the story of Joseph, who had to go through unspeakable sorrow in his young life, and it must have seemed like the tide would never turn for him.  But it did.  God was faithful, and in fact, used the very desolate nature of his sorrows to bring about the greatest triumph.  Genesis 50:20 sums it up quite well:  

But as for you, 
you meant evil against me; 
but God meant it for good, 
in order to bring it about 
as it is this day, 
to save many people alive.


I want all of your hearts to be encouraged today, even as the days stretch on with uncertainties, that our Lord has heard, and is answering prayers.  We just need to be willing to wait and see how he unfolds the rose. 

I'll leave you today with this beautiful song that I hope will bless your hearts.  



I also want to request prayer for my special blogging friend Debbie Ray.  Many of my blogging friends will know and remember her.  I reached out to her recently, as she has not been blogging.  She is in a serious health struggle and has been in and out of the hospital for much of the last few months with infections.  She also is supposed to undergo chemotherapy, but cannot because of the infections.  I just found out today that many in her family have contracted the covid virus, and Debby is in the hospital, thankfully not with the covid, but with an infection.  If you would pray for this precious family, and sweet Debby Ray, it would be so much appreciated.  I will be sharing this blog post with her, and feel free to share with your readers as well.  We believe in the power of prayer! 


19 comments

  1. Those sunset photos are simply amazing, Marilyn! Yes, no matter what the election outcome might be, we need to trust completely in God. May He heal this country from division and strife.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your November days are colourful, if only for a few minutes. I hope the rest of the month is the same. Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful photos, such amazing colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful views you have out your windows! WOW! And thanks for such an encouraging post...we need those right now! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those sunsets are gorgeous. I'm seeing the same ones my friend! I'll think of you in the evening when I see those brilliant colors and know that you are just a few miles away rejoicing in His glorious goodness too.
    I appreciate this post. It has been a stressful time to be sure. So many things happening in the world and in our own lives. Two people in our family are losing jobs. My husband and our daughter. Four deaths in our family this year. Alex's wedding postponed twice. The election is just the next hurdle. God will be with us all and protect us through the struggles.
    I will add Debbie and her family to my prayers.
    Much love and many blessings Marilyn.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful sunset scenes. Debby has been in my prayers for a while already. I will continue to lift her and her family up in prayer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debby will certainly be in my prayers, we have been blogging friends for awhile. Your photos of the sunsets are a delight and are so uplifting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such lovely photographs and amazing colours in many of them.

    Debby will continue to be in my prayers.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely images, as always! I'm sorry to hear about Debby. I hope the doctors can treat her successfully and she'll be able to come home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos. Sorry about Debby. Prayers for a healing.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear friend! I was SO thankful to see a post from you. I knew it would bring joy and comfort, and it certainly did not disappoint. I needed these words right now, and I trust in the One to Whom you direct our eyes. I don't know when my heart has been heavier than it is right now. I am struggling to find hope and am trying hard to cast my cares upon Jesus. I was SO sorry to hear this about Debby Ray. I just thought of her the other day and was wondering how she is doing. I am so glad you gave us this update. I will surely keep praying for her, bless her dear heart. God only knows how much she can take. May He have mercy on her and her loved ones, too. Sending much love and gratitude to you across the miles. Your pictures are just breathtaking. I LOVE the one from your living room window. It is SO cozy and welcoming. God bless you and keep you, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely photos, Marilyn, as usual. And I wouldn't share my cake with kitty either! It looks to good to give away. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just went to Debby Ray's blog and saw she's been fighting these infections for months. Still waiting to start cancer treatments, I can't imagine. I will add her to my prayer list.

    I haven't made a scrapbook in probably 10 or more years. Now I print my photos and put them in cute albums, where you just slide them in. No more of that sticky, peel-off-the-page stuff, I have too many of those from back in the day! I love working with photographs though, albums, frames. I also make greeting cards with my photos. It's like therapy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah dear Debby! I'm praying for her!

    We live in a hollow so we don't see many good sunsets. Yours are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful pictures and yes I am and have been praying for sweeet Debby. She is precious and my prayers has been abounding for her. I just keep saying....GOD, only YOU can do what YOU do....and You are a good, good, Father. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Marilyn, oh that kitty certainly wants to taste your cake! I've never made one in the microwave before but now I am quite curious about them! I will say a prayer for your friend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. special thanks for sky shots dear Marilyn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    it must have been a spiritual experience walking under such divine sky my friend
    they do seem KISS FROM HEAVEN indeed ,i am so thankful for your blog that connects me more to my Lord ,your words ,sights and sharing every stream leads to ocean of his endless love for you for whom who believe in him :)
    i am sorry about your precious friend and her family ,she will be in my thoughts and prayers from now on and i will be waiting for updates about her with high hope for the grace of Lord !
    oh i loved these fairy lights too ,they look enchanting indeed
    more blessings to your and family my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh the colors in your skies there! I'm just amazed every time I see them! Fall really does bring us such splendor but it is all too short! I'm saying a special prayer for Debbie.. I went and read her blog post and I'm just so sad to see all the problems she's been having.
    All of your cooking looks so yummy. I can't get in the mood yet, but maybe pretty soon. I HAVE been doing some baking lately.. when it gets cold outside, I want to bake inside! Take care dear friend... Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful post and photos. I will say a prayer for your friend. xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to me, and I appreciate each and every one, they are precious to me! I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog... this is what makes blogging worthwhile! Have a blessed day!

Labels

alpaca Annie apple pie apron baking bible study tea Big Shot birthday blessings blooms bone broth book book review bread camping Canada canning Charity Gayle Chicken and dumplings chicken fajitas chickens Christmas cinnamon tea comfort food cookbook coyote crocus cross Dad visit dandelion tea death Debt free deer devotion digital scrapbooking dill pickles dog dress dried raspberry leaves Easter Edna Moseley eggs elderberry syrup Ellgreave. face masks fall familycookbookproject fire flu flu remedy fog Foxwood Tea House game camera garden garden bluebird garden tea party gardening giveaway Gram greenhouse handmade blouse Handmade Club harvest hike homemade bread homemade tortillas homemade vanilla extract Homer Laughlin hummingbirds hurricane hyacinth inspirational inspirational post iron skillet biscuits January 2013 jelly joy keto kombucha light llama logging love story Lucky the Elephant miracle Mister Simba moose Mother's Day Mountains MTS Photography mudslide music video Northern Lights orange orange vinegar spray Paintbrush Cookies painting peace PEI photography Pico de gallo pie crust plums poem poetry praise prayer Prince Edward Island pumpkin pie puppy kiss rainbow recipe recipes red barn resurrection Riley robin Roger Rose Hips roses scallop die scripture journal season seasons seed starting sewing she-shed skies snake snow song sourdough spain spring springter squirrel Star of Bethlehem storm storms suffering summer sunflower sunflowers sunrise sunset sunshine tea tea exchange tea house Tea party tea time Tea Time Magazine teacup teacup exchange teapot texas Thanksgiving Through Love's Eyes tiramisu tomatoes travel Tribute Tulips turkey turkey soup turkeys Turnbull Wildlife Refuge video walk walk the dogs walking wedding wildlife winter wolf zucchini