Summer Days are Passing Quickly!

Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Thanks to all of you who shared such encouraging words about the passing of my Dad. I have mourned his passing each and every day - and have appreciated all the prayers and encouraging words each of you have shared with me! There is an ache in my soul every moment with the loss of his presence here on earth, but then I look up into the heavens, into the skies and the Lord reminds me that Dad is at peace there, with Him. What a comfort it is to know that in the darkest moments of our loss, we can still rest in comfort in that knowledge! 

The garden has been a place of solace and comfort for me. It was the place I last heard my Dad's voice. And, it is the place where the voice of our Heavenly Father speaks to me too! 


The garden has offered up glorious bounties already this year.
Strawberries were produced in abundance! 

I have enjoyed hosting garden tea parties... 





In July we and our son purchased an older model fishing boat.
We have since spent quite a few hours on the rivers and lakes with the boat. 



Watermelon is one of our favorite treats to enjoy while on the boat!




A neighbor invited me over for a tea party on the deck of her gorgeous log home
built by she and her husband. 



It was such a lovely treat to sit and visit each other! 


The garden has required much work - the weeds have been abundant!
My husband helps in the evenings when he can.  How I appreciate his help with these tasks that can overwhelm me quickly!





We enjoyed quad rides together in the earlier part of the summer.
Now that it is so hot and dusty, we will wait until we get some rain. 



Our little boat! It is small, but we are enjoying it immensely! 


I've had lots of chipmunk visitors to the garden this year. They have eaten their fair share of lettuce, dill, marigolds, and cilantro! They are cute but very destructive! 



Dan and I went camping on the northern end of Priest Lake with Miss Riley.  What a beautiful relaxing time it was for us. The campsite was right on the beach with these glorious views! 


We went for a ride up some old logging trails - our favorite thing to do! 


We enjoyed cruising around the lake with our new-to-us boat. 




So quiet and peaceful, and the views are glorious! 


Riley enjoys riding in the front of the boat, keeping an eye out for the ducks! 



Spotted this sailboat one afternoon - against the beautiful backdrop of the mountains! 




Beautiful wildflowers along the bank of the lake. 


We hiked along a creekbed - so peaceful and beautiful
as the afternoon sunshine filtered through the trees. 



Back home - Dan and I celebrated our anniversary together by getting huckleberry ice cream after a meal together. My Dad was almost always here every year for our anniversary as he would often come up to visit in July. So we enjoyed huckleberry ice cream in memory of him! Dan and I sat outside the little burger place in town where my Dad and I would often go and sit and enjoy ice cream together. We cried and reminisced our memories of Dad. 




The garden is doing splendidly this year -
my clematis burst out in glorious purple blooms
over the trellis! 



Berry picking has been abundant this year - I am thankful to have many gallons of huckleberries picked, frozen and in my freezer to enjoy! 



Raspberries were amazing this year! Really - every berry that grows here has given us a great bounty!

Another view of my garden with the clematis on the trellis.







I am sure you can understand why I've been a bit absent on the blog these past couple of months, as I've had much to do in the beautiful garden space I am blessed to care for. I anticipate a marvelous harvest this year!




The Northern Lights have been making regular appearances in our area, and just this past weekend, my husband and I were able to view them. 




I have collected quite a few pictures of the aurora borealis or Northern Lights - and I put together another video with many of my Northern Lights. I hope you will enjoy the video paired with this beautiful song "You Are My Hiding Place" by Selah. 




In the dark and troubled world we are living in - isn't it a wonderful thing to know that we can find peace, safety, and comfort in our Hiding Place, the arms of the Lord! I pray that the Lord's arms would wrap you in His love, and in spite of the troubled times we live in, there is a place we can dwell that is safe - and that is in His care! Blessings to all of you! 


23 comments

  1. You are surrounded by beauty and the comfort of knowing your father is resting with Jesus. Grieving is a process we must go through in our own time. Your garden and family get togethers are a good way to remember. And I must say, your abundance of home grown is amazing. Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynn, the garden has been such a comfort to me in this season of grief! I appreciate your wonderful visit and words, many blessings to you!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photos of your summer thus far. The quad and boat allow you to enjoy nature more fully. But for the loss of your dad, the summer looks perfect! Take care, Marilyn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh its been a marvelous summer this year Marie, we can't complain about the weather! The garden has been an oasis for me, and a comfort in this season of loss. Many blessings to you!

      Delete
  3. Dearest Marilyn,
    You've been quite active during this summer—which was good during your grieving period.
    Yes, memories will remain and we also will meet again!
    What a lovely views from the lake and also the Northern Lights video...
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mariette - it has been such a blessing to enjoy the beautiful views in the sky and in the garden. I appreciate your visit and kind words! Blessings to you :)

      Delete
  4. Your camping spot and time on the water looks so peaceful. How nice to be able to enjoy those things. Those memories of our loved ones can really catch us by surprise. It will be a glorious day 'when we all get to heaven'. What a comfort when our loved ones are with our Savior. Amazing bounty from your garden but not a surprise since you work so hard at it. Hope the rest of this week is filled with good things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary to you Marilyn and your loving husband. So sad your dad isn't here to enjoy your special day. Memories are so treasured, so be happy and smile your dad spent so many times with you. Losing a loved one is so difficult. Your garden looks lovely. How fun to have a boat to cruise around and enjoy the beautiful scenery. The tea parties are wonderful. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos as always! I must admit to some jealousy on the Northern lights.
    It's been 4 months since my Dad passed. I'm so thankful he is in perfect health and with the Lord, but I sure do miss him!
    Happy Anniversary to you two!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Marilyn, My goodness, you could be a millionaire with all of the huckleberries you found this year. I remember when we moved there and I was first told how much a gallon bucket of huckleberries sold for. I was shocked! We went to get huckleberry ice cream when we visited at our favorite place near Loon Lake and they were out! Noooooo! Now we must wait until next year. Your photos are glorious and remind me of the love we have for N. Idaho and E. Washington. We were only able to spend about a week and a half there this summer and we both miss it so much. But, we are right where the Lord wants us right now.
    We have camped many times on Priest Lake and were blessed with gorgeous weather each time.
    I have been praying for you, my friend. It's so difficult to lose a parent. My Mom passed when I was 29 and my Dad just 10 years later. It is still hard but faith in our Lord does help, in fact it's the only thing that has seen me through some days of grief.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you have been enjoying a wonderful summer so far, yes the gardens do keep us very busy but what job they bring at the same time, not only veggies and fruits but the glorious flowers to enjoy!
    Both my parents have passed too and there are so many things that still remind me of them :) Thankful for memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful photos. You are my hiding place is one of my most absolute fave songs and we LOVE Selah here in my home. Thank you for sharing this! I'm still grieving the death of my beloved daddy (april 1 2017) but it's the knowing He is with Jesus and my mother that really brings me peace.....and the comfort of my Savior that one day....one day...we will be together again worshipping our Redeemer!

    Enjoy the rest of the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful views of the lake and mountains! And what wonderful produce-you are truly blessed! May God continue to bring you comfort.
    Valentine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marilyn, you live a magical place, it's beautiful in all seasons, but in summer it's full of colorful abundance. I know it hasn't been an easy few months, but I've glad you've been able to find some comfort in simple summer pleasures. Hugs to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Sheri - you are so good to comment on almost every picture I shared, which is quite a feat, I appreciate your insights and thoughts! We have had a marvelous summer, and the garden has been a healing place for me. He is always with me! The Northern Lights are incredible, such a joy to see them! Who knows, maybe one day they will dip down far enough south in your area, I think it is possible this year! Blessings to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Marilyn, I always enjoy your beautiful photography. So sorry for your loss. I still miss my dad every day. How lovely that he shared many of your anniversaries with you and your husband. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful post with beautiful words! We rarely see the northern lights in these parts so I lived vicariously through your beautiful video! Peace and comfort to you in these sad days.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear, sweet friend, this is such a beautiful post! I thoroughly enjoyed every second of it. I have been wanting to get here to read it and wanted to save it for when I could really savor it. Your garden is such an amazing work of art, and you capture it in the photos so amazingly. I can just imagine the talks you have with Jesus in that garden, and it is even more special because that is where you last heard your dear dad's voice. It really touched my heart to think of you and Dan crying as you ate the huckleberry ice cream. I remember you sharing about you and your dad enjoying that together. SO sad to think of him being gone. For some reason, it always comforted me when you would tell me that he was visiting you. I guess it is because I miss my own daddy so much, and I was so happy you were enjoying those moments with yours. You are such a blessing to me. I want to go over and listen to your song. Thank you for all you do to be such a blessing to so many of us. Sending much love to you tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You surely live in the "land of many waters"!!!!!!!!! It is SO GORGEOUS there! How fun to camp right on a lake, and go boating... and just seeing all that water everywhere you go. You have such a bountiful land there, and your place is beautifully bountiful, with your garden and flowers..... and loved seeing your tea party setups. How absolutely fun. You are truly blessed! Hugs.. Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Anniversary wishes to you both.

    Your photographs are lovely.
    Pleased that you are enjoying your boat and the Northern Lights - just wonderful.

    My good wishes.

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. May the days bring back joyful memories and the evening breezes hope for tomorrow, Marilyn.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was so tickled to see that Linda featured this post on her line-up today!! Congratulations, and no one deserves it more! Love you, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to me, and I appreciate each and every one, they are precious to me! I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog... this is what makes blogging worthwhile! Have a blessed day!

Labels

alpaca Annie apple pie apron baking bible study tea Big Shot birthday blessings blooms bone broth book book review bread camping Canada canning Charity Gayle Chicken and dumplings chicken fajitas chickens Christmas cinnamon tea comfort food cookbook coyote crocus cross Dad visit dandelion tea death Debt free deer devotion digital scrapbooking dill pickles dog dress dried raspberry leaves Easter Edna Moseley eggs elderberry syrup Ellgreave. face masks fall familycookbookproject fire flu flu remedy fog Foxwood Tea House game camera garden garden bluebird garden tea party gardening giveaway Gram greenhouse handmade blouse Handmade Club harvest hike homemade bread homemade tortillas homemade vanilla extract Homer Laughlin hummingbirds hurricane hyacinth inspirational inspirational post iron skillet biscuits January 2013 jelly joy keto kombucha light llama logging love story Lucky the Elephant miracle Mister Simba moose Mother's Day Mountains MTS Photography mudslide music video Northern Lights orange orange vinegar spray Paintbrush Cookies painting peace PEI photography Pico de gallo pie crust plums poem poetry praise prayer Prince Edward Island pumpkin pie puppy kiss rainbow recipe recipes red barn resurrection Riley robin Roger Rose Hips roses scallop die scripture journal season seasons seed starting sewing she-shed skies snake snow song sourdough spain spring springter squirrel Star of Bethlehem storm storms suffering summer sunflower sunflowers sunrise sunset sunshine tea tea exchange tea house Tea party tea time Tea Time Magazine teacup teacup exchange teapot texas Thanksgiving Through Love's Eyes tiramisu tomatoes travel Tribute Tulips turkey turkey soup turkeys Turnbull Wildlife Refuge video walk walk the dogs walking wedding wildlife winter wolf zucchini