A Backyard Oasis

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Sometimes there are beautiful places almost in your own backyard, and you don't even know it! 

I was reading the local newspaper, and saw a small ad advertising an Iris Garden.  I thought it sounded interesting, and realizing that it was located not too far from me, I went to check it out.  I was more than pleasantly surprised at all the beautiful magical irises blooming, in fact, the garden boasts over 2000 varieties of irises!  Talk about an amazing assortment of color, blooms, and beauty!

I'm glad you joined me today for the tour, but if you live in the area, it is well worth your time to stop by for a visit!






I wanted to take a picture of each and every beautiful flower growing, they were all so amazing and beautiful.  But, 2000 different varieties of irises ... that would be a LOT of pictures!  So, I had to take just a few, and here are some of my favorites...



Here is a landscape view of the beautiful garden sporting all the irises.  The owner visited with me while I walked around, and she told me that many of the irises won't come into full bloom for another few weeks, and encouraged me to come back often... of course... that was an invitation I won't turn down!






The Iris Garden also sports some beautiful, well kept roosters and chickens.  These guys were happy to see, and pranced around showing off their gorgeous feathers for me.







This is a field of irises who have not started blooming yet, but apparently are very close to doing so. 


The owners of the Iris Garden also raise alpacas.  They told me that alpacas are very sweet and loving pets, and quite intelligent too.  I had never gotten this close to alpacas before, having only seen them in the distance grazing in fields.  I was able to get rather close to them, and got a few close-up shots of them for you to see.

 



 
I got a short video of the alpacas as they curiously came to see who I was, and what I was doing. 


I continued on my tour of the iris garden, and was amazed at all the different colors, varieties, and magnificent displays there were.

After viewing the garden, I visited for a while with the owners.  They told me that in July they dig up any variety of iris that your heart so desires.  It takes a lot of work to maintain 2000 varieties of iris, plus the big garden that they have, and taking care of their animals. 

If you'd like to learn more about the Newport Iris Garden, here is the link to their website: www.newportnaturalsiris.weebly.com  Do yourself a favor, if you live in the area, and stop by and see it for yourself!



 
 
 
































Post a Comment

Your comments are blessings to me, and I appreciate each and every one, they are precious to me! I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog... this is what makes blogging worthwhile! Have a blessed day!

Labels

alpaca Annie apple pie apron baking bible study tea Big Shot birthday blessings blooms bone broth book book review bread camping Canada canning Charity Gayle Chicken and dumplings chicken fajitas chickens Christmas cinnamon tea comfort food cookbook coyote crocus cross Dad visit dandelion tea death Debt free deer devotion digital scrapbooking dill pickles dog dress dried raspberry leaves Easter Edna Moseley eggs elderberry syrup Ellgreave. face masks fall familycookbookproject fire flu flu remedy fog Foxwood Tea House game camera garden garden bluebird garden tea party gardening giveaway Gram greenhouse handmade blouse Handmade Club harvest hike homemade bread homemade tortillas homemade vanilla extract Homer Laughlin hummingbirds hurricane hyacinth inspirational inspirational post iron skillet biscuits January 2013 jelly joy keto kombucha light llama logging love story Lucky the Elephant miracle Mister Simba moose Mother's Day Mountains MTS Photography mudslide music video Northern Lights orange orange vinegar spray Paintbrush Cookies painting peace PEI photography Pico de gallo pie crust plums poem poetry praise prayer Prince Edward Island pumpkin pie puppy kiss rainbow recipe recipes red barn resurrection Riley robin Roger Rose Hips roses scallop die scripture journal season seasons seed starting sewing she-shed skies snake snow song sourdough spain spring springter squirrel Star of Bethlehem storm storms suffering summer sunflower sunflowers sunrise sunset sunshine tea tea exchange tea house Tea party tea time Tea Time Magazine teacup teacup exchange teapot texas Thanksgiving Through Love's Eyes tiramisu tomatoes travel Tribute Tulips turkey turkey soup turkeys Turnbull Wildlife Refuge video walk walk the dogs walking wedding wildlife winter wolf zucchini