Fields Ablaze...

Friday, June 7, 2013

.... not in flames... but in COLOR! 

Was out running some errands the other day, and luckily had brought along my camera.  I was amazed at the colors in the world around me, how fast they are changing from white (winter) to green (first sign of spring) to every color imaginable in the light spectrum! 


 The huge wisteria and lilac bushes are spilling over with color everywhere you look. 


I want some of these in my yard!!!! 


 A field decked out with purple lupins..


Wow.  Such a pretty sight to see the purple and green contrasts.


A red barn sits in the shadows of the various shades of trees leafing out amidst a backdrop of magnificent clouds.



The fragrance of the lilacs is absolutely heavenly.  If I had lilacs in my yard, I don't think I would ever go inside while they were blooming... the smell of lilacs is so incredibly sweet that if the sweetness were ever to be measured in grams, there is no doubt you would gain hundreds of pounds from just inhaling the sweetness of lilac's blooms!



Can I say again... I love lilacs!


A view of a green field where buffalo usually roam.  I've seen them here before, but they weren't here today. 


As I was driving I saw this huge herd of geese descend into the field right next to me.  I stopped the car, and just watched them for several minutes.  They were quite a noisy, boisterous crowd! 



As I finished up my errands, and it was time to return home, I couldn't help but leave you with another picture of the view of the Pend O'Reille River at the closing of the day.  I'm so blessed to live in such a beautiful place, where beauty abounds on every corner of your day!


Post a Comment

Your comments are blessings to me, and I appreciate each and every one, they are precious to me! I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog... this is what makes blogging worthwhile! Have a blessed day!

Labels

alpaca Annie apple pie apron baking bible study tea Big Shot birthday blessings blooms bone broth book book review bread camping Canada canning Charity Gayle Chicken and dumplings chicken fajitas chickens Christmas cinnamon tea comfort food coyote crocus cross Dad visit dandelion tea death Debt free deer devotion digital scrapbooking dill pickles dog dress dried raspberry leaves Easter Edna Moseley eggs elderberry syrup Ellgreave. face masks fall familycookbookproject fire flu flu remedy fog Foxwood Tea House game camera garden garden bluebird garden tea party gardening giveaway Gram greenhouse handmade blouse Handmade Club harvest hike homemade bread homemade tortillas homemade vanilla extract Homer Laughlin hummingbirds hurricane hyacinth inspirational inspirational post iron skillet biscuits January 2013 jelly joy keto kombucha light llama logging love story Lucky the Elephant miracle Mister Simba moose Mother's Day Mountains MTS Photography mudslide music video Northern Lights orange orange vinegar spray Paintbrush Cookies painting peace PEI photography Pico de gallo pie crust plums poem poetry praise prayer Prince Edward Island pumpkin pie puppy kiss rainbow recipe recipes red barn resurrection Riley robin Roger Rose Hips roses scallop die scripture journal season seasons seed starting sewing she-shed skies snake snow song sourdough spain spring springter squirrel Star of Bethlehem storm storms suffering summer sunflower sunflowers sunrise sunset sunshine tea tea exchange tea house Tea party tea time Tea Time Magazine teacup teacup exchange teapot texas Thanksgiving Through Love's Eyes tiramisu tomatoes travel Tribute Tulips turkey turkey soup turkeys Turnbull Wildlife Refuge video walk walk the dogs walking wedding wildlife winter wolf zucchini