When the Lord speaks, it is for a REASON

Thursday, April 30, 2015

I have learned through the times in my life when the Lord speaks a word into my heart, that it comes with purpose and for a reason.  I shared with you earlier this week about having a Perfect Life or a Perfect Peace here, and also about Abiding in Him here.

After sharing that with you on Monday morning, it didn't take long for me to have to turn to those words that I both heard, and wrote - for comfort, strength, and purpose.

I received a phone call late Monday afternoon from a friend of mine who I have known for several years.  I was introduced to her because her daughter and my daughter are friends.  We became friends because of our daughter's friendships.  My dear friend is not a believer though, and so I believe the Lord brought our lives together for just that reason, to encourage her to find true life in Him.  I cannot share all the details of her situation here, but trust me in the fact that she and her children are living in a very difficult situation with domestic violence being a constant issue.  Through the last couple of years that I have known her, the problems have been steadily increasing.  This Monday afternoon, when I received the phone call from her, things had become intense, and very dangerous for her and her children.  She called me again at 11:30 Monday night, as she was hiding outside in the cold, and crying. I told her I wanted to call the police, but she said nothing would change because he hadn't done anything "physical", but she was still scared.  I prayed with her, and talked with her and we both felt peace after praying.  The next morning she called me to say that her husband had admitted he needed to go to rehab, which we felt was a breakthrough.  However, the situation de-escalated again last night, despite his words of changing, and again, tremendous fear and emotional abuse taking place.  I have talked with her throughout the day today, and also have spent time talking with those who know her situation well.

If any of you have any experience in working with a situation of abuse, you know how difficult it is for them to leave.  She has known she needs to leave, but for certain reasons, feels that she can't... at least not yet.  In about two weeks, the possibility for her to leave may be possible, but her husband knows about that possibility, and so, the violence between them has escalated.  She feels she needs to stay for the next two weeks, but the violence is at a point, that she really needs to leave now.  The problem is convincing her to leave now, before the point in two to three weeks when it would be easier for her to leave.

I have spoken with the local police, crisis counselor, and a physician's office involved with the situation.  All have advised that nothing can be done unless two things happen - someone gets hurt, or she leaves voluntarily before something happens.

All advised that they have been counseling her to leave for at least a year now, and she has been unwilling.

For those of you who believe in prayer, and who are reading this... I know that there are so many problems in the world, and people who are hurting in your world too, but if you wouldn't mind just praying for "T" and asking the Lord to give her the strength to do what she needs to do, and keep her safe, I would appreciate it.

One thing I know for sure, is that there is no greater power on earth available to us than when we pray. I believe the Lord spoke the words earlier to me about abiding in Him, and having perfect peace so that someday "T" can see and know that the Lord is able to do just this for her too.  Pray for the Lord's will be to accomplished in this situation, and that it will end peaceably, and without violent confrontation.

There is a plan that the crisis intervention lady has shared that seems like a viable plan.  However, "T" needs to be convinced to do this, and  have the strength to go through with it.  She is the one who must decide though, and I have told her that I am willing to help and encourage her through it, as are others too.

I am expecting the Lord to do something great, because the situation - in my eyes, and to all those who are involved - seems discouraging.  Yet, I have learned that when situations seem the worst, this is truly when the Lord can do the greatest.

So, if you would pray and believe with me, I truly would appreciate it! When the Lord speaks, it is for a reason, and I want to continue to trust, abide in Him, and remain in perfect peace, as this situation unfolds.  Thank you!



19 comments

  1. Oh-I am so sorry that your friend is dealing with all that. In a way you are really witnessing to her as she sees how prayer is helping the situation and that she can lean on something/someone that is beyond her own understanding.
    It reminds me of the saying- It is always darkest just before the dawn. I will be praying for her and her family, too. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your prayers, and the saying you shared is so true - darkness always comes before the dawn. She just needs the Lord, and I believe that this storm that she is in is leading her closer to Him. Abusive situations are like a tangled web, so hard to straighten the pieces out, but our LORD is able. I appreciate your prayers and kind words, it means a lot!

      Delete
  2. I will commit to pray for your friend too. Where two or more are gathered... God will work and He hears. I don't know if this will help any, but I read a really good article on atrayofbliss.blogspot.com.au that was very powerful about the reality of what goes on in an abusive relationship. Perhaps it would be good for your friend to read? It likened it to living in the home with a dragon and then passing that down to your kids as normal. This is not what we want to do and I just felt that is was so well written and powerful. I have tried to help others as well and you're doing the best thing you can by just being her friend and listening and sometimes that's all you can do. God will work but sometimes it is so hard to watch. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, and thank you so much for praying for someone you don't know. It means so much to me! I will go and read the article you mentioned, and print it out too for my friend to read. I know that just being her friend is what she needs right now, more than someone to "tell" her what to do. She has to make decisions, but they need to be her decisions, and that I why I am praying the Lord will be her help and encourager! Appreciate your time today to share your kind and wise words! :)

      Delete
  3. Praying for T.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne. That means so much! Prayer really does change things!!!!

      Delete
  4. Sending prayers. She is lucky to have you for a friend. I send prayers to you, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really appreciate the prayers, they mean so much! I talked to her today, and she seemed in much better spirits. Thanks so much!

      Delete
    2. I really appreciate the prayers, they mean so much! I talked to her today, and she seemed in much better spirits. Thanks so much!

      Delete
  5. I truly believe that your friend needs to open her heart to Jesus, and yield to Him so she can move in His will for her life. I prayed for her salvation. We can all stand in the gap for her, but until she opens her heart to HIM, the scales will remain on her eyes. I know that sounds harsh....I was a victim of spousal abuse. My second husband was a control freak. (my first husband passed away at a young age). Until I surrendered my life to Christ, I continued to let Bill control my situation. It was a long two year's of pain and degradation. I have been re-married for the past 30 years to a Christian man. I had to make a choice those many years ago to accept Jesus, before I would reject a life of misery, and pain. I believed the lies that I wasn't worth anything. That no one would love a woman that already had two little girls. Bill knew my mother abused me as a child. He just continued the abuse, where she left off.
    Your friend is blessed to have a friend like you that is gathering prayer warriors on her behalf. Hopefully she will have a break through before it's too late.
    Sincerely,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your journey, and the miracles that the Lord has allowed into your life after giving your life to Him! I will be able to visit with my friend for a short while tomorrow, and would appreciate prayer that the opportunity for the Lord to touch her heart while we meet. It is so hard to walk out of abusive situations, because there are so many difficult decisions to make, and it is such a roller coaster ride. I've never had to deal with abuse personally, but have had many friends who have. Many times they think it is better to stay with the "abuse" they know, than the problems of an unknown future. It is hard to break that mindset, but we know it can be done through Jesus! Again, thank you so much for your kind and thoughtful words and prayers, it means so much!

      Delete
  6. Father God, I pray that your Holy Spirit will surround this lady. I pray that you will protect her and her children physically and that you will intervene in this situation. I thank you God that you love her, you're with her, and you will never give up on helping her because you long to be her Savior. Bless her. I ask it in Jesus' Name. Amen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That really touched my heart Laura, and I appreciate your prayers and concern so much! Thank you thank you! I believe in faith with you that this shall be done in Jesus name! I am meeting with my friend tomorrow at a neighbor's house, and the neighbor is also a Christian. I pray that the Lord will be able to bless our visit together, and encourage her heart towards Him. Thank you again!

      Delete
  7. I happened to stop by and read this one post. I'm really behind.....sending prayers.....I understand a lot of what is going on.....may God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the prayers you are praying! Life is so busy, and hard sometimes, but I know that when I trust Him for the big and little things, that He is able. I have peace in my heart that the Lord's hand of protection is on her and around her, and I am thankful for all those praying for her!

      Delete
  8. I too truly believe in the wonderful power of prayer. Please know that I will be lifting "T" and her family up in prayer. And will lift you up as well so that the Lord may continue to give you the love, peace, wisdom and understanding to help your friend in need. Blessings.

    Hugs,
    ❤️Ana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for praying for "T" - it is so appreciated! Since I posted the prayer request for her, every day she tells me things seem to be getting better, for which I am very grateful! I am a true believer in the power of prayer!

      Delete
  9. Thank you for letting us know about 'T'. She and her children will be in my prayers tonight. May the Lord watch over her and her children, and may she be in a safe haven, soon. I pray that she keeps her ears open to listen to all the blessings and positive energy being sent her way.

    Hugs,
    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure appreciate your prayers for "T"! As I mentioned just above, T tells me each day that things seem better for her, and I know that this is because prayer changes things! She is trying to finish her online schooling, in which she will graduate in about two weeks, and then she can make a decision about what to do once she has her degree. Thank you so much for your visit today, and hope you are enjoying your visit with your family :)

      Delete

Your comments are blessings to me, and I appreciate each and every one, they are precious to me! I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog... this is what makes blogging worthwhile! Have a blessed day!

Labels

alpaca Annie apple pie apron baking bible study tea Big Shot birthday blessings blooms bone broth book book review bread camping Canada canning Charity Gayle Chicken and dumplings chicken fajitas chickens Christmas cinnamon tea comfort food coyote crocus cross Dad visit dandelion tea death Debt free deer devotion digital scrapbooking dill pickles dog dress dried raspberry leaves Easter Edna Moseley eggs elderberry syrup Ellgreave. face masks fall familycookbookproject fire flu flu remedy fog Foxwood Tea House game camera garden garden bluebird garden tea party gardening giveaway Gram greenhouse handmade blouse Handmade Club harvest hike homemade bread homemade tortillas homemade vanilla extract Homer Laughlin hummingbirds hurricane hyacinth inspirational inspirational post iron skillet biscuits January 2013 jelly joy keto kombucha light llama logging love story Lucky the Elephant miracle Mister Simba moose Mother's Day Mountains MTS Photography mudslide music video Northern Lights orange orange vinegar spray Paintbrush Cookies painting peace PEI photography Pico de gallo pie crust plums poem poetry praise prayer Prince Edward Island pumpkin pie puppy kiss rainbow recipe recipes red barn resurrection Riley robin Roger Rose Hips roses scallop die scripture journal season seasons seed starting sewing she-shed skies snake snow song sourdough spain spring springter squirrel Star of Bethlehem storm storms suffering summer sunflower sunflowers sunrise sunset sunshine tea tea exchange tea house Tea party tea time Tea Time Magazine teacup teacup exchange teapot texas Thanksgiving Through Love's Eyes tiramisu tomatoes travel Tribute Tulips turkey turkey soup turkeys Turnbull Wildlife Refuge video walk walk the dogs walking wedding wildlife winter wolf zucchini