What Makes a Dad?

Monday, June 22, 2015

Father's Day comes once a year to honor our dear fathers, but really, it should be something that we are thankful for every day.  I have been blessed to have a wonderful father whose love has always been a constant throughout the years, a loving, generous, hard working man who loved his family so much. Then I was blessed to marry the most loving, kind and wonderful man who became the loving father to our children.  And at the center of the heart of the fathers in my life, has been my Heavenly Father. I count myself and my family blessed beyond measure to have had the wonderful love and support of a father in our lives.  I found this poem that says it all so well....

What Makes a Dad? 

God took the strength of a mountain
The majesty of a tree
The warmth of a summer's sun
The calm of a quiet sea
The generous soul of nature
The generous soul of nature
The comforting arm of night 
The power of the eagle's flight
The joy of a morning in spring
The faith of a mustard seed
The patience of eternity
The depth of a family need
Then God combined these qualities
When there was nothing more to add
He knew his masterpiece was complete
And so He called it... Dad. 
~ Author Unknown ~

So a (belated) Happy Father's Day to my father, my husband's father, and my dear husband... with much love and thankfulness to the Lord, my Heavenly Father who has blessed me beyond measure.  
I am blessed! 

2 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! Appreciate your kind visit today... always means so much! Have a beautiful day :)

      Delete

Your comments are blessings to me, and I appreciate each and every one, they are precious to me! I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog... this is what makes blogging worthwhile! Have a blessed day!

Labels

alpaca Annie apple pie apron baking bible study tea Big Shot birthday blessings blooms bone broth book book review bread camping Canada canning Charity Gayle Chicken and dumplings chicken fajitas chickens Christmas cinnamon tea comfort food coyote crocus cross Dad visit dandelion tea death Debt free deer devotion digital scrapbooking dill pickles dog dress dried raspberry leaves Easter Edna Moseley eggs elderberry syrup Ellgreave. face masks fall familycookbookproject fire flu flu remedy fog Foxwood Tea House game camera garden garden bluebird garden tea party gardening giveaway Gram greenhouse handmade blouse Handmade Club harvest hike homemade bread homemade tortillas homemade vanilla extract Homer Laughlin hummingbirds hurricane hyacinth inspirational inspirational post iron skillet biscuits January 2013 jelly joy keto kombucha light llama logging love story Lucky the Elephant miracle Mister Simba moose Mother's Day Mountains MTS Photography mudslide music video Northern Lights orange orange vinegar spray Paintbrush Cookies painting peace PEI photography Pico de gallo pie crust plums poem poetry praise prayer Prince Edward Island pumpkin pie puppy kiss rainbow recipe recipes red barn resurrection Riley robin Roger Rose Hips roses scallop die scripture journal season seasons seed starting sewing she-shed skies snake snow song sourdough spain spring springter squirrel Star of Bethlehem storm storms suffering summer sunflower sunflowers sunrise sunset sunshine tea tea exchange tea house Tea party tea time Tea Time Magazine teacup teacup exchange teapot texas Thanksgiving Through Love's Eyes tiramisu tomatoes travel Tribute Tulips turkey turkey soup turkeys Turnbull Wildlife Refuge video walk walk the dogs walking wedding wildlife winter wolf zucchini