March is Marching Along!

Monday, March 14, 2022

Oh March! It is that silly month where winter and spring dance around each other, and from moment to moment, you never know whether it will be spring or winter.  Now, we are in the muddy season where the melting snow is not so pretty, and we have lots of mud and ice.  However, we are very thankful to have gotten more moisture this late into March, and my garden is still covered in snow, which will be good for it later on in the spring and summer. 



I walked over to visit with my neighbor's horses recently, and I thought you might like to see their beautiful faces ... 


As you can see, there is a lot of snow melt in the background... and lots of mud! 

These girls will be happy, like the rest of us... 

when the mud and snow disappear, and we have green grass again! 



As the dogs and I were walking last week, we had the most unusual sight in the sky! In fact, it was a very rare thing to see! 

 

 It was incredible to see the shimmering rainbow colors in the sky. 


It was so amazing to see the beautiful rainbow in the skies! 


It was just very special to see! 





It was just really incredible to see.  Sun halo or sun dogs are caused by ice crystals high in the atmosphere that surround the sun and create the rainbow effect! They are apparently quite a rare phenomenon to see, and I was able to enjoy the show for about 30 minutes! A neighbor came out, and we both enjoyed it together. Our God never ceases to amaze me, with His glory in the skies! 

Usually a sun halo or sun dog is seen when the weather is about to change.  Sure enough, the blue skies and sunshine soon changed to bring us a impromptu snowstorm leaving us with about an inch of snow (that quickly melted!) 



My sweet little girl enjoys reading the Bible with me in my morning devotions. 


Such sweet companions my little kitties are :) 

 A local church had a ladies' conference this past weekend. It was so fun to meet other ladies in the community and fellowship. They catered the meals and we enjoyed fellowship. We also were
shown the new movie "Sabina Wurmbrand, The Nazi Years" 
https://www.sabinamovie.com/ 
It was SUCH a good movie! I highly recommend it!
A powerful story of the grace, love, and forgiveness of the Lord. 



We've had some beautiful sunsets too, this one filled the evening sky with waves of 
color and I enjoyed it from my living room window. 



God's handiwork never fails us, sustains our hearts in ways that nothing else can.  He who takes care to create such beautiful artwork for us daily, feeds our soul with its delight and encourages our hearts in the difficult season that our world is in.  



We continue to pray for the suffering of the Ukrainian people.   I've recently met a missionary to Ukraine, who graduated from our local high school, and married a Ukranian man.  They have served as missionaries in Ukraine for over 20 years.  Currently her husband is staying in Ukraine, while she is here in the US, but she is headed back to Poland this week to do supportive work in Poland for all the refugees gathering there.  Prayers are appreciated for the Borodin family, for protection, and for the Lord to provide them with all the things they need to minister to those escaping the war.  We pray Psalms 91 over the people of Ukraine, that the Lord would continue to minister, protect, and support them, and that the bloodshed would end. 



Psalms 91
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High 
shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. 
I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: 
my God; in him will I trust. 
 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, 
and from the noisome pestilence. 
 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: 
his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. 
Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; 
nor for the arrow that flieth by day; 
 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; 
nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. 
 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; 
but it shall not come nigh thee. 



Back in February, I felt a burden to bring members of our local community together to pray, long before the crisis in our world that we are facing today.  The Lord knew this, and I'm thankful to be obedient to His desire to bring His people together from all walks of life to pray together.  With the help of local churches, and many community officials and members, we will be holding a special community prayer meeting on Saturday, March 26.  The Borodin family in Poland will be streamed to our service live, and will be sharing updates from Ukraine/Poland and leading us in prayer for that country.  Please pray that the Lord would use this prayer rally to minister to hurting hearts in our community and around the world, but especially to those in the country of Ukraine. 



In closing, I've finished another video that I think will be a blessing to your heart... many of you probably know this song. It is filled with beautiful North Idaho scenes as I've dug through my overwhelming stash of beautiful pictures.  I hope you'll enjoy the video :) God bless all of you! 













23 comments

  1. Lovely captures of the snow dog. I have only seen them in photos, never in person. That movie does sound intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sun dog! I saw one years ago up by Colville, not long after we moved to Spokane. It was so incredible. I've never seen another. Thank you for sharing yours with us.
    I appreciate your prayers for the people in Ukraine and for your heart for the LORD. You are so willing to be used by Him in so many ways. Dennis used to travel often to the Ukraine for work a few years ago. He would fly into Odessa and tell me what a beautiful city it was. Then he would travel around the country meeting with farmers and their families. He always enjoyed it. His favorite place to go was Croatia, although he traveled all over the world. It breaks my heart to think of the people all over that area suffering because of the whims of one man, although you and I know who he is controlled by.
    Thank you also for the video. That is one of my favorite songs and the photos are so beautiful. I'm so homesick. We had planned to spend at least a month in Spokane this spring or summer but with the price of fuel, we're not sure we're going to be able to go. Dennis is retiring at the end of this month and a strict budget will be in place as he want's to wait for Social Security until the first of the year. I miss every one there and also the beauty of the northwest. Your photos help a LOT.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Marilyn glad that snow has started to melt n your area ,spring seems stepping in and i felt so happy for you and thrilled for future mesmerizing images i most probably will be seeing through your camera 's view point :)

    horse from your neighborhood is magnificent ,special thanks for the glorious sun halo ,i can imagine only the excitement you might have felt as i have witnessed sun and moon halo back in my town only few times and incredibly stunning and captivating :)
    gorgeous sunsets and you live in such a enchanting area wow .

    Ukraine is in my thoughts and prays as well ,i am sorry your friend had to go because of this terrible happening .
    thank you for lovely blog and uplifting sharing always!
    hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have great captures of the sun dogs, a reminder of beauty in a troubled world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen a sun dog before, Marilyn, so this was such an amazing treat, as was your stunning video. I don't think there is a one of us out here not praying for the Ukrainian people, and I pray your friends will stay safe and strong with God's help through this awful crisis.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marilyn, that rainbow is beautiful. Have never seen one quite like that, and I didn't know about the sun halos. You often see incredible views from nature when you take your walks. The cheesecake sure looks good, and it's nice to attend the ladies' conference at your church. I know what you mean about the snow when it melts - the road workers shovel the streets and it goes right on the sides of the road to build up and look messy. What a sweet picture of your kitty reading the Bible with you. And your neighbor's horses are wonderful. I see three of them every time I drive to the creek, a brown one, a darker brown one, and a white one. They are special animals, and I love your photo of the white horse. It looks like Spring is arriving slowly there, like it is here. Enjoy the March days, Marilyn. I believe that when we see a rainbow it is a gift. Thank you for the gift on your blog this morning. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  7. The beauty you capture is amazing. I join you in prayer for the people of Ukraine. Hugs, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos. I will be praying with you and I appreciate your updates and please continue to update us on your friends.
    Love, Carla

    ReplyDelete
  9. The beauty in the skies is just never ending. Goid, the Master artist paints with the best colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never ever seen a Sun Dog, Marilyn, but I’m so thankful that you share all of God’s handiwork with us. Those evening skies are amazing! I always think how lucky you are to see all this, and I’m grateful that you use your talents to capture such beauty.
    Prayers for your friends 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing photos Marilyn, you have quite the eye. Sun dogs are new to me, how spectacular they are. I join you in prayers for Ukraine. They deserve to live in peace. Too many lives are lost and ruined and so much bloodshed. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, my goodness! I had never heard of a sun dog until you shared this with us! What an amazing, beautiful sight to see! Our God's handiwork is everywhere, and so often when I see things like this, I think of Dolly Parton's beautiful song, "God's Coloring Book." I am not sure if it would be a copyright infringement, but her singing that song sure would be lovely paired with your amazing photos! I think it would be a great addition to your channel - just a thought! I am continuing to pray for your upcoming prayer rally and am expecting God to do exceeding abundantly above all you can ask or even think! Now, we know why He laid that heavy burden on your heart to fast and sacrifice as you have done. He will absolutely reward your many obediences to His call upon your life. You are a shining light of His love and faithfulness, and I am eternally grateful for your precious friendship and presence in my life. May He bless you always and I am so looking forward to watching your new videos. Sending much love and many blessings to you today, my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are amazing photographs. Especially the sun ones with the halo! Amazing. Your horses are absolutely gorgeous!
    I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad you could capture that Sun Dog. Lovely sunsets, too. We are enjoying the season of mud right along with you. I found it so interesting to read that the Spokane area has 30,000 Ukrainians and are the largest 'minority group' in that area. We continue to pray for the situation in Ukraine and for our missionaries and brothers and sisters in the Lord there and in Russia. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow! That sun dog is very cool! I don't think I have ever seen one before!

    ReplyDelete
  16. the sun halo is gorgeous!! Our Creator is just wonderful for sure.
    Yes my church and small group are also praying for the people of Ukraine and Russia. We have any Ukrainians in our small city here in eastern NY.
    My oldest daughter used to do equestrian sports and she would LOVE these horses faces. So pretty.
    Love the Revelation Song (we sing it often in church!) and your beautiful scenry.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful song! Beautiful photos! The sun rainbow halo was spectacular! I think I have seen something around the moon before in the winter! Wondering if it’s similar? Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Marilyn.... tis the glorious season there! Your north Idaho skies are so Heavenly! Your coming prayer gathering is awesome... that you are doing that is wonderful. You are such a giving soul. I don't know if others are seeing this, but on your blog, all of the comments I see are kind of garbled up.. the words are split and parts of the words are missing. I noticed this last time too... not sure if it's just me or everyone! I can read them, but they are pretty garbled up. Just an FYI! Hope March goes out like a Lamb! xoxo Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a lovely post.
    Thank you for sharing your beautiful photographs and video.
    Continued prayers for Ukraine.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  20. The LORD's Beauty of Creation Makes for Wonderful photos for you to take, enjoy and share with us. Thanks Marilyn. A Blessing to Edify others and be Blessed while doing so :)
    May the Holy SPIRIT breathe a Powerful Spring Cleansing over All the Nations! even ours!
    A Refreshing! The Washing & Purification by GOD's WORD of TRUTH, LOVE and The WAY within us, JOY Manifest on All the Face of the Earth. GOD's LIVING WORD of "Truth" only be in our ears, eyes and hearts equipped in Wisdom and Understanding to reject (resist) the lies of the Adversary and his minions. Oh HAPPY DAY! to have good ol' Horse Sense working again!"God is greater than our heart, and knows all things."

    ReplyDelete
  21. marilyn ... a blessed, luscious blend of worship and creation. lovely, lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a wonderful post Marilyn .. Your photography is amazing in concert with that beautiful worship song.. ❤️ Be blessed as you have blessed me and many others.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to me, and I appreciate each and every one, they are precious to me! I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog... this is what makes blogging worthwhile! Have a blessed day!

Labels

alpaca Annie apple pie apron baking bible study tea Big Shot birthday blessings blooms bone broth book book review bread camping Canada canning Charity Gayle Chicken and dumplings chicken fajitas chickens Christmas cinnamon tea comfort food cookbook coyote crocus cross Dad visit dandelion tea death Debt free deer devotion digital scrapbooking dill pickles dog dress dried raspberry leaves Easter Edna Moseley eggs elderberry syrup Ellgreave. face masks fall familycookbookproject fire flu flu remedy fog Foxwood Tea House game camera garden garden bluebird garden tea party gardening giveaway Gram greenhouse handmade blouse Handmade Club harvest hike homemade bread homemade tortillas homemade vanilla extract Homer Laughlin hummingbirds hurricane hyacinth inspirational inspirational post iron skillet biscuits January 2013 jelly joy keto kombucha light llama logging love story Lucky the Elephant miracle Mister Simba moose Mother's Day Mountains MTS Photography mudslide music video Northern Lights orange orange vinegar spray Paintbrush Cookies painting peace PEI photography Pico de gallo pie crust plums poem poetry praise prayer Prince Edward Island pumpkin pie puppy kiss rainbow recipe recipes red barn resurrection Riley robin Roger Rose Hips roses scallop die scripture journal season seasons seed starting sewing she-shed skies snake snow song sourdough spain spring springter squirrel Star of Bethlehem storm storms suffering summer sunflower sunflowers sunrise sunset sunshine tea tea exchange tea house Tea party tea time Tea Time Magazine teacup teacup exchange teapot texas Thanksgiving Through Love's Eyes tiramisu tomatoes travel Tribute Tulips turkey turkey soup turkeys Turnbull Wildlife Refuge video walk walk the dogs walking wedding wildlife winter wolf zucchini