Last Day of February 2022

Monday, February 28, 2022

Hello dear friends, today is the last day of February! Can you believe it? Already, we are heading into March 2022. Amazing how fast the days slip by, one after another! 


We've had some beautiful sunshine days here! Oh it is glorious
to have the sunshine in the midst of winter! 



Last week, I shared this beautiful tree shrouded in fog. 
Today... you can see how it looks when the sunlight has touched its branches. 


Is there anything as sweet as kitty snuggles? 
These two love to pile into my lap when I drink my coffee in the morning
and snuggle together, and with me. I love them :) 


After the beautiful days of sunshine, a rain system has moved into our area and will be here all week long.  Yesterday it snowed all day. Today.. it is pouring down rain.  This is causing great havoc. 

There is nowhere for the water to go, as the ground is frozen solid. There is a great concern for avalanches in the high country, icy roads, and flooding of rivers. 


I would much prefer to have snow to the rain... and let the sunshine melt the snow away... but there is one thing for sure... we can't change the weather! 



We have this large bank of snow just under the eaves of our home.  It all has to melt.  We will have rain all week. We will be safe and dry here, but many who have basements or live in lower-lying areas will have water to deal with this week. 


Yesterday we celebrated our son-in-love's 25th birthday.  I made a birthday dinner - his request was lasagna and chocolate cake with mint chocolate ice cream. 
I was happy to oblige :) 


My dear friend Kitty had posted a recipe recently on her blog, and I made it for the birthday celebration. Oh my! It was a winner! Do give it a try... Brownie Pudding! As the brownie bakes, it forms a sauce below the brownie... a chocolate lover's delight, and it is so easy to make too!
Here is the link to the pudding recipe: 
Brownie Pudding. 
Be sure and give this a try :) 


My Ukrainian friend Tanya (who lives here in the States) sent me this picture, as some of her family living in Ukraine are in a city under siege by the Russians. This picture was from their window overlooking the city they live in. 

She sent me this picture of her aunt and precious family and friends
in Ukraine. This picture was taken before the assault on their country.
They, like many Ukrainians, are not able to leave.  They have decided
to stay and do what they can.  

Tanya's friend (pictured above on the right) has a Youtube channel. She is a singer and songwriter.  She has such a beautiful voice. 

Here is a video of her singing.  



Our hearts and prayers are with the suffering citizens of Ukraine, and their fight for freedom in their country. I can't imagine how horrible this must be to live through. May God be with them! 

As I go about my daily activities, my heart aches for these precious people whose lives have been uprooted, and there are no comforting daily activities for them, only the fear of bombs and missiles, and roaming soldiers. We continue in prayer for these people and ask that God would help them in their fight to remain free in their country. 

I finished another video today and wanted to share it with you. I hope it blesses your heart, as it did mine, as I was creating it. God bless all of you! 




17 comments

  1. I, too, am praying for the Ukrainian people and for her leaders. Such a difficult time. We would gladly welcome refugees into our home, and I applaud the people of Europe who are doing so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should be so grateful for the freedom that we have. I find it hard to think of the horrors going on in the Ukraine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like you I am praying for Ukraine and the World leaders, my heart breaks for all those people affected by this dreadful situation. Beautiful video.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ukraine is foremost on our minds these days too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the same as you do about the Ukraine and it's citizens. They have a president brave enough to continue to fight for the people and land. May God be with the innocents and keep them all safe. I pray that Putin stops before anymore death and destruction happens.

    I love each and every photo that you show of the beautiful northwest. You have no idea how my heart aches to see these scenes once again. I lived there over half of my life. Although we are "home" now with family, we have those who are like family in Spokane and all over the area. I will pray that the flooding won't be too severe. I remember years when the same thing happened and the flooding in the city streets was terrible.
    Take care my dear friend and thank you for the video once again.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw ... sweet kittys, beautiful vistas, and party hats all in one post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are getting quite a bit of snow, Marilyn. With the snow and rain coming in at the same time, I hope you don't get any flooding....or avalanches! Happy Birthday to your son-in-law. There's nothing like lasagna for a birthday meal. One of my favorites for sure. The Brownie Pudding sounds Yummy. My son is going to make rice pudding tonight. I do hope Tanya's family who are living in Ukraine are Ok. Such a terrible time right now.

    Wishing you wonderful March days, Marilyn, and I thank you for your posts that are filled with so much goodness.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tons of snow Marilyn. Beautiful photos. Happy belated Birthday to your son. Such a nice celebration. The meal sounds wonderful. Prayers for Tanya's family and for all.. I hate to see the destruction and loss of lives.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Needed the photos of natural beauty to take my mind off all the disaster that is happening in Ukraine at the moment. Helped me to remember that God is ultimately in control, Marilyn.
    Happy Birthday to your sweet SIL, and know I'm joining you in prayer for Ukraine and your friend's precious family who must remain in the country.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what beauty there! Blue skies and snow are just unbelieveable and I never get tired of it! I hope you don't get too much flooding on your property! I too am praying for the people of Ukraine.. it really hits home when you know someone there... makes my heart so sad. Your friend's friend has a beautiful voice. she has a hint of Karen Carpenter in her voice.. a low and rich sound which I love. How fun too to have a birthday celebration for your son-in-law.... as you said.. we go on with our daily lives, and while we are doing that, there are people fighting for theirs. This world needs help badly.... hugs... Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are with you in the season of melt and snow with no where for the pooled up water to go. We are also with you in our prayers and concerns for our brothers and sisters in Ukraine and also in Russia. May God protect them all from evil and stop this aggression.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh she does have a lovely voice and a beautiful smile. May God keep them safe.

    I know just the weather you speak of. It translates to a flooded basement for me. May it clear
    out sooner than expected.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello,
    Thank you for sharing your photos and weather concerns, we have the same here in Wisconsin .. minus the avalanches. But when rain comes before the snow melts, flooding is a huge concern.

    Thank you for sharing about your Ukraine friends. She has a lovely voice. Do you know what she is singing (saying)?
    In 2006 I spent two weeks working in a orphanage in Kiev. I am praying with you.
    Love, Carla

    ReplyDelete
  14. Praying for all the Ukrainian people. Thanks for that beautiful video!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Like you, and so many around the world, I too am praying for Ukraine.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aw, your kitties are so sweet! Animals bring such a lot of comfort to our lives. I am so thankful our loving Lord created them and allows them to be a part of our families. Happy Birthday to your son-in-love! It was so sweet of you to make his request for his birthday. He and all your family are blessed to get to indulge in your wonderful cooking! I saw that brownie pudding on dear Kitty's blog and would like to try to make it sometime. She shares such amazing, wonderful recipes. It was so wonderful to visit with you here tonight, sweet friend, and your videos are such a blessing and encouragement. God bless you for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Marilyn, what beautiful photos, as always. I hope you don’t get flooded from all the ice. I’m so very happy that you lived one of my all-time favorite recipes. Thank you for sharing that you made it. I pray for the world, Marilyn, and yes for the Ukrainian people. May God help all of us. What a beautiful video you shared, my friend. We need God’s beauty in our lives.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to me, and I appreciate each and every one, they are precious to me! I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog... this is what makes blogging worthwhile! Have a blessed day!

Labels

alpaca Annie apple pie apron baking bible study tea Big Shot birthday blessings blooms bone broth book book review bread camping Canada canning Charity Gayle Chicken and dumplings chicken fajitas chickens Christmas cinnamon tea comfort food cookbook coyote crocus cross Dad visit dandelion tea death Debt free deer devotion digital scrapbooking dill pickles dog dress dried raspberry leaves Easter Edna Moseley eggs elderberry syrup Ellgreave. face masks fall familycookbookproject fire flu flu remedy fog Foxwood Tea House game camera garden garden bluebird garden tea party gardening giveaway Gram greenhouse handmade blouse Handmade Club harvest hike homemade bread homemade tortillas homemade vanilla extract Homer Laughlin hummingbirds hurricane hyacinth inspirational inspirational post iron skillet biscuits January 2013 jelly joy keto kombucha light llama logging love story Lucky the Elephant miracle Mister Simba moose Mother's Day Mountains MTS Photography mudslide music video Northern Lights orange orange vinegar spray Paintbrush Cookies painting peace PEI photography Pico de gallo pie crust plums poem poetry praise prayer Prince Edward Island pumpkin pie puppy kiss rainbow recipe recipes red barn resurrection Riley robin Roger Rose Hips roses scallop die scripture journal season seasons seed starting sewing she-shed skies snake snow song sourdough spain spring springter squirrel Star of Bethlehem storm storms suffering summer sunflower sunflowers sunrise sunset sunshine tea tea exchange tea house Tea party tea time Tea Time Magazine teacup teacup exchange teapot texas Thanksgiving Through Love's Eyes tiramisu tomatoes travel Tribute Tulips turkey turkey soup turkeys Turnbull Wildlife Refuge video walk walk the dogs walking wedding wildlife winter wolf zucchini