February Days

Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Oh yes! It's that happy time of year, when seeds have arrived, and I am making plans to begin sowing seeds this weekend. For the area we live in, I start peppers on Feb. 15, and tomatoes on March 15 (approximately). 

 I do love winter so very much, and I know that most don't agree with me on that one... but it is true.  However, come the middle of February, my heart begins to yearn for spring, and as the days get longer, the time draws closer to when I'll be back in my beloved garden again! 


I will share more of my process with you after I get all set up this weekend. It is quite exciting though to be thinking of spring! I ordered most of my seeds this year from Baker Creek, as many of my gardening friends in the area have had great success with their seeds, so I thought I would give them a try! They are all heirloom seeds too. 

Here are some pictures that I've taken recently... 


Blue skies and clear roads... 

Blue skies and gorgeous sunsets!

Blue skies, mountains, and water... what more can the soul need to see than this? 


Another incredible sunset... God's art gallery in the sky... how can I not share it?
Each day... a new masterpiece to enjoy! 


Can I share another beautiful sunset? The days are getting longer now, and I was able to capture this sunset around 5 p.m. Since December, our sunsets have been around 3-4 p.m. 



A neighbor's hillside... always a spectacular view.  This was early one morning as I walked.  Now our sunrise is happening about 6:45 a.m. How happy we are to see the days getting longer again!


Another view of the same neighbor's yard. Weren't the skies amazing! 



Visiting with Danielle in her new home. I took the dogs with me,
oh how they loved getting to explore the new home! 


We went for a walk after drinking the coffee treat that I brought for us to enjoy.
This lovely old barn caught my eye! 

Danielle, the dogs and I had such a nice visit together. They are working on settling into their first home.  Unfortunately, she and Zak had the c virus while moving into their new home.  She was very ill with fever and chills while moving, and we knew we stood the risk of getting sick also, but made the decision to help them anyway.  

In addition to taking our daily vitamin D dosage that we've been taking for over a year, when we got home, we began swishing with Listerine original several times daily and began taking quercetin.  I am very grateful to report that we did not get sick.  Danielle eventually lost her taste, and sent us a video of her drinking lemon juice straight without gagging, as proof she had no taste buds. Thankfully her taste has returned, and all have fully recovered. We are very grateful that our preventative measures kept us from getting sick! 



We are so very blessed to have a local naturopathic drug store that provides such incredible support to the community.  This is where we purchase our vitamins and supplements. 


They have an entire section devoted to preventative care as well as supplements that you can take if you do get sick.  If any of you would like a copy of the handout that they have readily available, please let me know. I can email it to you. It is one of the best I've seen. 


I just had to share a picture of my sweet kitties!
They have the art of sleep perfected :) 



I have been busy creating more music videos. If you haven't visited my youtube channel, MountainTop Spice,  I would be thrilled if you would stop by for a quick visit. I am working on creating music videos with the many pictures I have taken through the years.  I started this project during the dull foggy days of January, and am finding I love bringing back photos I've taken and putting them to music. 

Here is the latest one that I finished up today.  I know it sounds cliche because we've all heard it so many times "please like, share, and subscribe", but it would mean a lot to me to know that you've enjoyed the music videos. I pray that they are a blessing to you, as I've been blessed to be able to pull these music videos together using my photos, sharing the beauty of the area I live in in a different way. 






May the rich blessings of the Lord be with each of you in a special way today! 

But as it is written, 
eye hath not seen, 
nor ear heard, 
neither have entered into the heart of man, 
the things which God hath prepared 
for them that love him.
1 Corinthians 2:9





22 comments

  1. Your photos are so beautiful! Thank you for sharing the beauty of your part of the world.I am glad you did not get sick, and so glad Danielle is on the mend. Have a cozy afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those walks and time outside in winter have the benefits of seeing such beauty. Lovely photos. We have been on a d3, zinc, quercetin, c, and multiple vitamin regiment for a while now and we do believe we have been spared a bad case of the vid. We are happy to have natural antibodies! Glad your kids are better! I'll go over and check out your youtube channel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marilyn, I'm so sorry Danielle and Zac got sick, and while moving into their new home, that's so hard. And I'm glad you stayed well through it all. I smiled when you mentioned Listerine, as my Mom would gargle with that every day of her life. Your photos of the skies are so lovely, especially the last one of your neighbor's yard. And the sunset is beautiful. I loved seeing the last verse. We have a song similar to that in our Catholic church, and I really miss hearing it.

    Have a good rest of the week, Marilyn.

    ~Sheri

    *It was nice seeing a picture of YOU! It's good to see our blog friend's faces once in awhile. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marilyn,
    Your photos are stunning. There is unique beauty in the west! Those skies!
    I'm glad you were able to do preventative measures, and what an amazing blessing that local store is! So great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The scenery there is spectacular! You take wonderful photos, Marilyn. The fifth photo is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad that Danielle and Zak are both better now. I always have to take D3 and also a multivitamin. My D3 levels were very low when we were living in Spokane. What a blessing that you were able to help take care of them and move them in and still not get sick. God is good!
    Your photos are beautiful as always and make me homesick. How lovely is the wonderful sky.
    Blessings and love,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful scenes. I agree with you. I like winter but by now I am feeling a stirring to have milder temperatures and I have a greater desire to get out and be in nature.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures and the scenery is wonderful. I'm glad you have been keepung safe and well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you didn't get ill and i love that you take vitamins. My daughters, husband and I all take a good multi vitamin and I take an essential oil supplement when I've been around sick people. our youngest had a mild case of covid but hubby and I didn't get it and oldest girl has own apt so she just stayed away. Now NY is lifting the mask mandate in most places so we shall see what happens! Since I teach special ed prek i do still have to wear mine while the children are in school 8:30-1 pm. But it's ok. God's protection has been a blessing!!

    LOVE your sunset pics. SO pretty!!
    and that's one of my most fave hymns..we sang it often when i was a child.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, that barn!!!!! 😍 I'm gonna email you with other comments. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So, so glad to hear that Danielle and Zac have recovered from the dreaded "C", Marilyn, and that neither Dan nor you got ill. Such a blessing! Wishing them the best in their new home, and glad you could help them move in.
    I do love your photos so much, and will watch this video here as well as subscribe.
    Blessings, my friend, and keep dreaming of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love a copy of the handout from your naturopathic store. I always like to add to my knowledge and see what advice others offer. Please email it to hrglover@hotmail.com Thanks, Helen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved your youtube video. Pictures and music, just perfect! Helen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such spectacular scenery! Love those blue skies and colourful sunsets. So sorry Danielle and Zac were ill, and I'm glad they are on the mend.
    Happy garden planning!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, sweet friend! I love that song! So precious and encouraging. And your photos! They are just breathtaking! I am so thankful God has kept you all safe and well. He is ever faithful! Sending much love and hugs to you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow! That blue road leading to a blue sky is beyond beautiful. What a trial getting ill while trying to move. Glad that all recovered and glad that the helpers stayed free. I have followed strict protocols for two years and, though compromised healthwise, have been blessed to have remained covid free. I wish that everyone would be taught these things rather than to rely on ineffective treatments that can harm health rather than help. Too often prudent answers are scorned.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi,
    The photos are beautiful.
    I appreciate that you shared the supplements with us. We too have been on a strict supplement regiment. I like that you have the Natural Drug Store.. that is a blessing.

    Thank you for sharing,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a lovely time when the seeds roll in. I have started sowing in thr greenhouse, but it is still very cold at night here. We are on Vitamin D, and I take Glucosamine to help with osteo arthritis.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your beautiful pictures look like they should be post cards or Christmas cards! Nice you have that natural drugstore!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your pictures are beautiful! Loving that old barn too. I am so glad that Danielle and Zac are better and that you and Dan have been well too. Praise the Lord. How wonderful that you have a great vitamin store like that. Girl, I have a friend that says that her Pastor told his congregation way back that he gargles and swishes pure out Listerine every single day of his life. He said he fully believes that it helps keep out pesky germs of all kinds. I hope that your week has been wonderful. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Seeds! Oh I love that Marilyn, signs of spring for sure. I'm so glad that the kids are feeling good and that you were able to avoid it. Funny, my grandmother used to gargle with Listerine every day and now I find myself doing it every day, too!! The smell brings back memories...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for sharing your beautiful photographs.
    So pleased that Danielle and Zac are better and that you kept well.

    My good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to me, and I appreciate each and every one, they are precious to me! I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog... this is what makes blogging worthwhile! Have a blessed day!

Labels

alpaca Annie apple pie apron baking bible study tea Big Shot birthday blessings blooms bone broth book book review bread camping Canada canning Charity Gayle Chicken and dumplings chicken fajitas chickens Christmas cinnamon tea comfort food cookbook coyote crocus cross Dad visit dandelion tea death Debt free deer devotion digital scrapbooking dill pickles dog dress dried raspberry leaves Easter Edna Moseley eggs elderberry syrup Ellgreave. face masks fall familycookbookproject fire flu flu remedy fog Foxwood Tea House game camera garden garden bluebird garden tea party gardening giveaway Gram greenhouse handmade blouse Handmade Club harvest hike homemade bread homemade tortillas homemade vanilla extract Homer Laughlin hummingbirds hurricane hyacinth inspirational inspirational post iron skillet biscuits January 2013 jelly joy keto kombucha light llama logging love story Lucky the Elephant miracle Mister Simba moose Mother's Day Mountains MTS Photography mudslide music video Northern Lights orange orange vinegar spray Paintbrush Cookies painting peace PEI photography Pico de gallo pie crust plums poem poetry praise prayer Prince Edward Island pumpkin pie puppy kiss rainbow recipe recipes red barn resurrection Riley robin Roger Rose Hips roses scallop die scripture journal season seasons seed starting sewing she-shed skies snake snow song sourdough spain spring springter squirrel Star of Bethlehem storm storms suffering summer sunflower sunflowers sunrise sunset sunshine tea tea exchange tea house Tea party tea time Tea Time Magazine teacup teacup exchange teapot texas Thanksgiving Through Love's Eyes tiramisu tomatoes travel Tribute Tulips turkey turkey soup turkeys Turnbull Wildlife Refuge video walk walk the dogs walking wedding wildlife winter wolf zucchini