February Sunshine - Moonshine and a Choir Singing

Thursday, February 9, 2023



Our weather in January and February often is full of gray, overcast days.  But when the sun comes out, we get excited to see the warming rays of sunshine.  Yesterday morning it was exciting to see the sun coming up, as well as the moon shining bright in the lightening western skies! Both of them at the same time!   There was a small cloud that was lit up with sunrise colors just below the moon, and it made for quite a picturesque scene to see! The dogs & I went for a walk through our back property.  Sweet Annie was able to go, as there was still snow on the ground back there and the snow cushioned her paws when she drags her feet. 


Riley was on the lookout for "Wiley the coyote"... thankfully
we haven't seen him in the last couple of days.
(You may remember that I shared about the coyote in my last post). 



Annie-girl was ecstatic to be out in the snow with us.  She is struggling more every day with her hips. The snow is a gentle cushion for her. 



It was so beautiful to watch the brilliant sunrise 
in sync with the moon in the western sky. 


I had some friends over for dinner
and was given this beautiful bouquet of flowers. 




Sure do love the bright happy faces of daffodils.  I cannot wait for the day when daffodils begin to peek their heads through the frosted soil. It will be a couple of months yet... so we enjoy these inside for now! 



I participated in a FB Valentine card exchange, and these are some of the cards
that I made to send out to the ladies who participated. 



And one of the cards I have received! It was so lovely to receive a handmade card, a recipe, and a tea bag! I've never had Republic Tea before, and what a delight to try out a new tea! 


Some of the handmade cards I've received in the past... I've found several vintage "money tree" holders that I used to put my cards in for display.  



It always makes me happy to see this card display in my office. 



My chair is a favorite napping place for the kitties.  



Cats are just so adorable when they sleep! 



Their favorite time of day is when I come to sit in the chair and visit with my husband about our day.  They think my sole objective in life should be to sit in this chair and pet them! 



My husband and I went to see this choir perform last Saturday night. What an incredible evening it was!  The choir comprised of 150+ people from the Mennonite communities from Idaho, Montana, Washington, Oregon, and some even as far away as Ohio.  They were given the songs in advance, but came together the Friday night before the event to practice! 



I could have used a wide-angle lens to fit them all in this picture, but my phone camera was all I had. 150+ voices lifted in praise to the Lord with such incredible harmony - no music - just their voices!
I think heaven's choir will be something like
the beautiful music we heard that night!



I made just a short video clip of some of the music we heard that night.  I wished I could have a recorded version of the entire evening.  It was truly a beautiful evening to hear those voices raised so powerfully in song to the Lord. I hope your hearts are encouraged in the Lord after hearing just a short clip of this blessed sacred music, and to know that the Lord is with us, wherever we are! Blessings to all of you! 


21 comments

  1. Your scenic photographs are beautiful. It was such a treat to hear the choir singing. You must have had a great time! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also received a valentine with tea bags of a kind new to me. Good idea, although I'm usually an Earl Grey tea person. 150 voices singing sounds so lovely. Granny Marigold

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sky in the fourth photo is quite spectacular! Great choir.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of beauty in your part of the world, Marilyn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That card exchange is such a unique concept, Marilyn. What you've showed us here is a lovely collection. Daffodils??? Already blooming here in Georgia - that's even early for us, but I'll take it any day. They are among my favorite flowers.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos! What a nice gift from a friend ~ there is nothing like getting spring flowers to help on the long days of winter... Your valentine cards are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those photos are lovely as are the Valentines,too.
    HAPPY VALENTINES DAY
    Joan,Marion and Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, those skies are impressive!! Even winter is lovely in your part of the world. Cute kitties, too. Happy Valentine's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your photos of the sky are gorgeous! The intense blue sky with the pink stripe and the moon, wow! And your cards are all so lovely. What a beautiful cat; how many do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always think of you and your beautiful walks during every season! You have an eye for Gods beautiful creation! And your kitties are so cozy... Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your homemade Valentine cards are delightful, Marilyn. Those vintage card holders are neat. Your cats look so cozy and comfortable sitting on your chair. They must love getting petted by you every day. Mia is getting very attached to her new kitten. The card exchange sounds delightful with a card, recipe, and tea bag. I like your pink tea cup and polka dot saucer. Happy Valentine's Day, dear Marilyn. Keep shining and loving the way you do.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Valentine's Day my friend.
    I do love your photo of the moonshine. :-)
    Thank you for sharing the choir with us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah what a lovely post and the choir as well. I hope you have a super Valentine's Day. Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos. I too adore the lovely early morning sky when the sun starts to rise and the moon is setting. Your dogs must keep you good company like mine. Take care and have a great weekend - God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  14. A capella presentations can be so lovely. What a wonderful evening you had.

    Totally missed the simultaneous rising of the sun and setting of the moon. I did see the moon rising in the east pretty late last night. It was hovering just below the treetops.

    Keep taking those gorgeous pictures...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Marilyn!
    That's a beautiful sunrise with the moon!!!!
    So sorry that Annie's not doing well. :(
    Lovely cards and flowers! We planted daffodil and tulip bulbs and the pretty green leaves are coming up. I'm so excited! Have never grown either before.
    Wow! That choir sounds amazing! Thank you so much for sharing with us!
    God bless you!
    Valentine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful photographs.
    What a lovely idea the card exchange, such a nice collection.

    Wishing you a Happy Valentines Day.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an amazing choir that came together from here and there for this performance. Very cool. Glad you could enjoy the unique group. Glad your Annie could still enjoy the outdoors without injury...
    Have a wonderful week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I just love Mennonites! Their modesty of dress is so attractive and wholesome, their beautiful voices, their work ethic, the way they live such simple, old-fashioned lives—all of it is so in line with my values. I could easily become a Mennonite or Amish, I think, LOL! I wonder if Brianna from briana-thomas.com was there. I know she used to sing with a Mennonite choir and travel some. I can just imagine that she may have been in that number. I think she lives in OH. Thank you so much for sharing the singing with us here. And I am so happy Annie can get out and about in the snow. It is so heartbreaking to think of her suffering. You have had her for such a long time. Your flowers are so beautiful and such a thoughtful gift from your friends! Sending much love and many hugs your way tonight, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's so pretty where you live, the pictures are beautiful. I really enjoyed seeing all your valentines. A valentine exchange is a wonderful idea. I can imagine how much fun it must have been receiving and giving.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It is so beautiful there where you live. Your pictures are breathtaking. So sorry that Annie is having trouble with her hips. Our 2 year old Pyrenees, Ellie is havig problems getting up lately and acts like she is in pain. She goes in for x-rays Thursday. We are so worried about her. Your Valentines turned out so pretty. The singing is beautiful. Would love to have been there.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You make beautiful cards, Marilyn. I, too, feel blessed to receive someone's homemade card. I love to make them and to scrapbook with my photos. I always marvel when I see the sun come up and the moon still out in the early morning, too!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to me, and I appreciate each and every one, they are precious to me! I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog... this is what makes blogging worthwhile! Have a blessed day!

Labels

alpaca Annie apple pie apron baking bible study tea Big Shot birthday blessings blooms bone broth book book review bread camping Canada canning Charity Gayle Chicken and dumplings chicken fajitas chickens Christmas cinnamon tea comfort food cookbook coyote crocus cross Dad visit dandelion tea death Debt free deer devotion digital scrapbooking dill pickles dog dress dried raspberry leaves Easter Edna Moseley eggs elderberry syrup Ellgreave. face masks fall familycookbookproject fire flu flu remedy fog Foxwood Tea House game camera garden garden bluebird garden tea party gardening giveaway Gram greenhouse handmade blouse Handmade Club harvest hike homemade bread homemade tortillas homemade vanilla extract Homer Laughlin hummingbirds hurricane hyacinth inspirational inspirational post iron skillet biscuits January 2013 jelly joy keto kombucha light llama logging love story Lucky the Elephant miracle Mister Simba moose Mother's Day Mountains MTS Photography mudslide music video Northern Lights orange orange vinegar spray Paintbrush Cookies painting peace PEI photography Pico de gallo pie crust plums poem poetry praise prayer Prince Edward Island pumpkin pie puppy kiss rainbow recipe recipes red barn resurrection Riley robin Roger Rose Hips roses scallop die scripture journal season seasons seed starting sewing she-shed skies snake snow song sourdough spain spring springter squirrel Star of Bethlehem storm storms suffering summer sunflower sunflowers sunrise sunset sunshine tea tea exchange tea house Tea party tea time Tea Time Magazine teacup teacup exchange teapot texas Thanksgiving Through Love's Eyes tiramisu tomatoes travel Tribute Tulips turkey turkey soup turkeys Turnbull Wildlife Refuge video walk walk the dogs walking wedding wildlife winter wolf zucchini