HAPPY SEPTEMBER!

Friday, September 6, 2024

September - that month of rich beauty, cooler temperatures, brilliant skies, bright sunshine, and golden landscapes. What does September mean to you?  It is a time of harvest! Local gardens are bursting with bounty, as sunflowers make their final stretches towards the sun.  The rich days of September have arrived and they are a glorious time of year. 


Our neighbor was out of town and asked fellow neighbors to come and harvest the garden while she was gone. It was a beautiful place to wander around and enjoy! 

My hollyhocks are in their first year, as I planted them from seed this spring. Their blooms are amazing to see right now! 



Black-eyed Susan's - showy yellow blooms fill the garden with wonder! 



Bandit likes to visit the garden with me, and seeks out the shade while I work. He is such a friendly little soul! 




Hollyhock blooms always
fill my heart with joy! 



Fall's bountiful bouquet! 




Rich golden hues paint the landscape this time of year. 


Some of my pepper harvest! 


Another peek at my neighbor's amazing garden! 

We have a Mennonite store close by where they sell many Amish and bulk products and make the most amazing sandwiches! All homemade - always a treat to enjoy! 


I came home with a box of these tomatoes. It will be another month before I have any tomatoes ready. 


I made salsa with the tomatoes and peppers! 




Comfrey tea (comfrey leaves soaked in water make a natural fertilizer)



On Wednesday, August 28, under my porch, the temps were 34 degrees. In my garden (where I have a frost draft that flows through) it was 28 degrees! I went out to the garden with a heavy heart for what I would find. My water hose was frozen. I worried all my plants would not make it, as I couldn't even water. However, I had some comfrey tea made and poured the tea over all my plants that had frost on the leaves. Amazingly, and I praise God for this - all my plants survived! A few frosted leaves, but everything is still happy and thriving. I'm so thankful! It has been a rough gardening year! 



I've had several tea parties/prayer gatherings in my "She Shed" this year. The wasps are too aggressive to have any food outside now. It is such a special way to visit with dear friends and pray together! 



The aurora showed up one night surprisingly! It was quite faint, but still very beautiful to see! The twinkling stars were so incredible. 
My caption on my Instagram page said this:
Sparkles from heaven
Dancing with the aurora
God's handiwork last night." 
I never cease to give thanks for the blessings God has given to us! 




Another blessing of the Lord - being able to walk with my precious husband on weekend mornings! It is a special time that we look forward to. 




Our family gathering together on Labor Day for a feast! We invited neighbors and friends. All the food everyone brought took up all my countertops and the table! It was a feast for all.  Such a blessing in this harvest season! Always a blessing to gather with my family, and we look forward to welcoming our newest member very soon! October 1 is the due date :) 



We've had so much going on in this busy season that I haven't had a lot of time to make new videos. I did make this short video clip from a recent worship service at our little country church. I love to hear voices raised in praise to the Lord! 


Please don't forget to enter my giveaway for Nancy Kuykendall's book that she just released "In The Dark" found here: GIVEAWAY post. You can also find her book on Amazon here: In The Dark

May your days of September be blessed and full of the rich bountiful blessings of the Lord! 

23 comments

  1. What a miracle in the saving of your garden and your bountiful harvest, Marilyn! God be praised, each and every day! I know everyone is excited about the new arrival coming soon, and I so enjoyed your amazing photos as always. The hollyhocks are exquisite. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Marilyn,
    That was indeed a special and happy Labor Day Gathering for ya'll and the final one before your daughter will be 'in' labor.
    Time is passing so very fast but if you're surrounded by such heavenly hollyhocks you sure don't mind.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your neighbors garden is fantastic. Sounds like a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful September you are having so far, Marilyn. That's too bad about the frozen hose, but so glad that the comfrey tea helped your plants to survive. The Lord always knows what's in our hearts. The freezing pipes is the one thing we have to worry about here as well, so we wrap them at the first sign of cold. Thanks for reminding me to make sure all is good. That looks like a yummy sandwich, and such nice looking tomatoes. That's great that you made homemade salsa, sounds so delicious, and can be used for so many dishes. Your pink flowers are blooming nicely, and that's a terrific photo of the black-eyed Susan close-up. And you even brought some in and made a wonderful bouquet. Sending loving thoughts to you, as that little one will be making his/her way into the world. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sure enjoyed this post...so many great things you have written about. Glad your garden survived and thankful for the information you posted about the comfrey tea. We have an Amish store about 45 miles from our home and we recently ate a homemade sandwich there...It was so good...I really enjoyed the freshness of the pickles, tomatoes and lettuce. Beautiful singing from your church! Hope all goes well for mom and baby for the upcoming delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad that you were able to save your plants. It's so early to have that hard of a frost isn't it? Our friends in Spokane say that it's been really hot there this week. We've had two blessedly cool days and were able to turn our A/C off and open windows for the first time in several months. Sadly, the heat will be back on Sunday into the upper 80's and 90's again which would be tolerable if it weren't for the nasty humidity that comes with it. :-) Oh well, we'll survive and it's September. It won't last long.
    Your sandwich looks lovely. I miss shopping at the Amish stores when I visited our daughter in Maryland. I'm going to have to investigate and see if I can find one near here.
    I know you're waiting patiently (?) for the new family arrival. First grandchildren are so special, along with the 2nd, 3rd, 4th...... Each one is a gift from the Lord. And each one of ours is delightfully different too. We would change any of them.
    I hope you have a wonderful weekend Marilyn. Keep looking up. The Day could be soon!
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful Labor Day celebration. The hollyhocks are beautiful. So grateful the comfrey tea helped your plants. Your neighbor’s garden is so bountiful. Such a beautiful place you live in. How exciting waiting for the new arrival. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always look forward to your posts, Marilyn. You have such an eye to capture God's creation in your beautiful photos. I just love the flowers, garden, and the aurora picture! Praise God your plants survived the freeze! I think it was 65 degrees this morning in North Central Texas-so exciting! It's forecasted that we do have 90 degree weather ahead, but for now I thank the Lord for a taste of Fall.
    I can't believe that your grandbaby will make an arrival soon!!!!
    May the Lord bless and keep you,
    Valentine

    ReplyDelete
  9. September is a wonderful month, Autumn a wonderful season.

    Not long until your grandbaby arrives, the time seems to have gone by so quickly.

    Sending my good wishes.

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. PS I should also have said I enjoyed seeing all of your photographs.

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful post...and I simply can't believe it has been nearly 9 months... I am so excited for everyone, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven’t made salsa in some time. Great idea. Yours look so good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet gift to have your garden plants survive the cold blast! What exciting days ahead as you wait on the birth of your Grand. God bless mom and baby with a good delivery and good health!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love beyond words the fact that the tea brought your cold plants back to life. That sky -- so blue and the peppers, so red. Your world is full of color and your post indeed is filled with all the joy and beauty of September. It's a favorite month. And what a wonderful family celebration! May it all continue.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful post and photos, Marilyn! I so enjoyed reading all that you shared. I love September! Your hollyhocks are beautiful. I don't think I've ever seen any just like that.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, a lovely post. The photos and words are uplifting... thank you!
    I love hollyhock, but do not grow them. Thank you for sharing yours.
    Love, Carla

    ReplyDelete
  17. I saw it on Instagram (and commented as @fotorieth). Really beautiful. Your entire blog made me happy. What a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aw, such a wonderful time for you, sweet friend! I know you are counting the days until that sweet little one arrives! God bless you and all your family!!🙏❤😊

    ReplyDelete
  19. Her garden is lovely, a friend gave me some hollyhock seeds but I forgot to plant them, hopefully they will be ok to wait and plant next spring. I bet your getting excited about the arrival of a new family member. So nice you have a place where all you ladies can get together and pray and be in beautiful surroundings. I understand the wasp situation, I was stung twice this summer, not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your jars of salsa look so yummy. Homegrown ingredients. And we have had the low 40's and high 30's a few morns, but this week it starting back up to too hot. And we are in a terrible drought in Ohio. they say our trees will simply turn brown and drop leaves soon. Hope our farmers can salvage corn and soy. I love your sky photos. And that baby! Not long now! Lynn and Precious

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like what you did especially with getting your plants unfrozen from the frozen temperature late Aug. I had not heard of the comfrey tea leaves to make plant fertilizer. The flowers you have are so good to see and cat that was almost hiding. A neighbor's cat comes over to our house when my daughter or I go our to water our plants. He's adorable!! I got a Seliva Blue By You plant on Saturday at Bauman Farms. $5!!! One more plant to add to a pot soon. Or in the ground eventually. Take care and I enjoy reading your post. Sorry I haven't been reading it enough. God bless you !!!--Becky

    ReplyDelete
  22. I cut some bittersweet vines & made a wreath today & then put the leftovers in an old watering can on the table outside the kitchen door. I pulled the faux pumpkins out of their resting place in the basement & they’re now happily holding court on the porch table with some dried sunflowers. Once I accepted that summer was really on its way out, I began to fall in love with autumn all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  23. How exciting for a new baby! I love being a grandma.
    I love gardens and know how much work goes into them. That's why I don't have one! I sure enjoy seeing other peoples pretty flowers. Happy yours survived.
    Take care and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to me, and I appreciate each and every one, they are precious to me! I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog... this is what makes blogging worthwhile! Have a blessed day!

Labels

alpaca Annie apple pie apron baking bible study tea Big Shot birthday blessings blooms bone broth book book review bread camping Canada canning Charity Gayle Chicken and dumplings chicken fajitas chickens Christmas cinnamon tea comfort food cookbook coyote crocus cross Dad visit dandelion tea death Debt free deer devotion digital scrapbooking dill pickles dog dress dried raspberry leaves Easter Edna Moseley eggs elderberry syrup Ellgreave. face masks fall familycookbookproject fire flu flu remedy fog Foxwood Tea House game camera garden garden bluebird garden tea party gardening giveaway Gram greenhouse handmade blouse Handmade Club harvest hike homemade bread homemade tortillas homemade vanilla extract Homer Laughlin hummingbirds hurricane hyacinth inspirational inspirational post iron skillet biscuits January 2013 jelly joy keto kombucha light llama logging love story Lucky the Elephant miracle Mister Simba moose Mother's Day Mountains MTS Photography mudslide music video Northern Lights orange orange vinegar spray Paintbrush Cookies painting peace PEI photography Pico de gallo pie crust plums poem poetry praise prayer Prince Edward Island pumpkin pie puppy kiss rainbow recipe recipes red barn resurrection Riley robin Roger Rose Hips roses scallop die scripture journal season seasons seed starting sewing she-shed skies snake snow song sourdough spain spring springter squirrel Star of Bethlehem storm storms suffering summer sunflower sunflowers sunrise sunset sunshine tea tea exchange tea house Tea party tea time Tea Time Magazine teacup teacup exchange teapot texas Thanksgiving Through Love's Eyes tiramisu tomatoes travel Tribute Tulips turkey turkey soup turkeys Turnbull Wildlife Refuge video walk walk the dogs walking wedding wildlife winter wolf zucchini