Hope Reigns Triumphant

Sunday, April 5, 2020

The virus has been our minds now for the past month or more.  As more and more states and countries have initiated lock-downs, with hospitals overrun with very sick patients, businesses closed, and silence in the streets... most of the world has turned to social media to satisfy their need for companionship, and interaction with others. 





My dear friend Cheryl at Homespun Devotions has started a series of encouraging posts every day from bloggers around the world who are sharing their perspective on how to stay encouraged in the Lord.  It has been such an incredible blessing to read each day and be encouraged by bloggers around the world, and their perspectives in living in this challenging set of circumstances our world faces.  Cheryl asked me to share a post with her readers.  To see my post shared by Cheryl, you can go here: http://www.homespundevotions.com/2020/04/great-fearor-great-revival-guest-post.html I know you'll be blessed by the many bloggers who have shared their perspectives and encouraging words through these difficult times that we all are facing on Cheryl's blog. 

In this time when we are being told to stay home and practice social distancing, I know that for many there is great agony in sitting still, being quiet, and staying at home is a very trying and difficult time.  When I think of being still, one of my favorite passages comes to mind:

Psalms 46:10 
“Be still and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted over the earth.”

During this time of quiet, stillness, and being at home, I pray that the Word of the Lord abounds in your heart, and becomes richer and speaks louder to your heart than ever before.  We can take comfort in the words that have proved themselves for countless generations, and the truth of God's Word is a foundation we stand sure upon, in these ever-changing moments of time.

This world has seen pandemics before.  I understand that there have been three major worldwide pandemics in the past with millions of deaths.  The world has seen many calamities, destructive forces, and tempests between nations. 

What this world has never seen before is every world government shaken by shattered economies as this disease ravages the economies of the world.  In this sense, we are living in unprecedented times. 

But as we wonder what all this means, one thing we can take comfort in.... God's Word stands sure, steadfast and true. Its prophecies have been proven over and over.  While great men with their opinions, ideas, and dreams have lived, fought and died, the Word has lived on, always enduring.

And that is where I stand today.  His Word is more precious to me than anything else found in this world.  Hold God's Word close to your heart today.  The answers for what we face today are as relevantly found here, as they always have been.  I pray that the peace and comfort of the Lord keeps your hearts smiling, singing, and living with joy in spite of your circumstances.  It is the hope that we have that extends beyond the mortal boundaries of our lives.  What a triumphant hope it is! 

Reflecting on today being Palm Sunday, a day 2000 years ago when the people of Jerusalem lauded Jesus with abundant praise and glory, showering Him with honor, with shouts of Hosanna filling the air.  Yet, in a few short days, the same ones praising Him, were now calling out, "Crucify Him".  And we wonder... how could this be?

We cannot put our hope and trust in the wisdom of man.  Just as the believers thought all hope was lost on that day when Jesus hung between heaven and earth on a tree with a crown of thorns dripping blood down onto the earth that He had created, that hope had not been lost.  It was still hope.  But it just looked different after Calvary, than it did before that awful day.

Today we are facing unprecedented events in the world around us, and perhaps you are feeling that your very hope has been crushed, extinguished and shattered. 

Remember that God's answers, 
God's way, 
and God's solutions 
are never in the realm 
of our choosing or design;
 but in the end, 
they are always best.  
Remember Calvary. 

It is in the darkest hours of life when all hope seems lost, that maybe, just maybe hope is being reborn in a way we've never discovered or seen before.  Don't stop believing... but find yourself at the foot of the cross, in a prayer closet, on your knees.  Find and hold onto your faith, because one thing I know for sure. His Word is true.  It has been proven true throughout the ages of time.  And this crisis we face today is no different than any past pandemic or crisis the world has seen.  The parameters may be different, the face and nature of it may have changed, but one thing remains... our Lord reigns... and our hope in Him is secure.

Lift up your heads, dear ones, 
and try not to fret.  
I see a greater day coming, 
in the future, 
and through it all, 
our Lord will always be with us.  

This scripture has spoken deeply to my heart today. I pray it ministers to your heart. 

Psalms 46
God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in times of trouble.
2Therefore we will not fear,
though the earth is transformed
and the mountains are toppled
into the depths of the seas,
3though their waters roar and foam
and the mountains quake in the surge.
Selah
4There is a river whose streams delight the city of God,
the holy place where the Most High dwells.
5God is within her; she will not be moved.
God will help her when morning dawns.
6Nations rage, kingdoms crumble;
the earth melts when He lifts His voice.
7The LORD of Hosts is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.
Selah
8Come, see the works of the LORD,
who brings devastation upon the earth.
9He makes wars to cease throughout the earth;
He breaks the bow and shatters the spear;
He burns the shieldsb in the fire.
10Be still and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted over the earth.”
11The LORD of Hosts is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.

Hosanna to the King of Kings today on this Palm Sunday.  May He reign triumphant in your life!  

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A couple of weeks ago, my husband and I went for a drive on a gorgeous Saturday.  I want to take you along with me... this was just days before our governor shut the state down, including the state parks.  I'm so glad we were able to get out on that day. It was such a lovely little outing.  I hope you'll enjoy the virtual excursion with us in this video I created :)



I hope you enjoyed our little outing. It was such a lovely warm, beautiful day with lots of majestic sightings along the way.  We hiked up an ice-covered logging road to explore the little creek, and it was just so soothing to stand still and listen to the musical notes of the stream, and know that for eons and generations no doubt, this little stream has been doing this.  There is something so comforting to know that while there are many changes in the world around us, there are many things that continue on happily and contentedly, blessing those who take time to stop and listen. 

I have found this dear lady on Youtube who shares videos of her beautiful piano music each Sunday. If you just need something lovely and uplifting to listen to, I highly recommend this video. May your heart be blessed!



31 comments

  1. Such an encouraging post. I'll check out the link to Homespun, thank you. Good to hear you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continued peace and safely, Marilyn. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your post on Cheryl's blog and this one just as much. The scripture in Psalms was one read in a sermon we listened to online. It must have been something I really needed to hear. I find that God does that often. I'll hear the same scripture references used in the same day by different people. It happened several times last week too. I'm finding God is speaking to my heart a lot recently. I've been praying myself to sleep and He has given me such peaceful rest. So unusual for me as I have a lot of anxiety normally.
    Thank you for the beautiful drive too. We enjoy Priest Lake too but I think my favorite N. Idaho park is Farragut State Park. The scenery there takes my breath away every time I see it. I think I'm going to ask for a drive there as soon as we can get out and about again. Mt. Spokane is covered with snow once again, but I think it will melt a lot with the temperatures expected this week.
    I hope you have had a lovely Palm Sunday. Hosanna to the Highest!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did enjoy your video. What lovely countryside you ahve there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such encouragement, a beautiful post. Stay safe and well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marilyn, your video was so calming and encouraging, as were your words here! I did so enjoy your post over at Cheryl's place, and so appreciate you response to my comment there. We all have to stick together, and with God's help, we'll muddle through until all this is behind us.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for this very encouraging post. Yesterday I was starting to feel a bit drained, your post helps to fill me back up with hope. Hope in Jesus our wonderful Redeemer, our Great God, our Provider, our Healer, our Comforter, our Strength. ~ God's continued blessings on you ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sound words...you preached three sermons' worth! I enjoyed that video of the soulful playing and I always enjoy seeing the beauty in your corner.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an encouraging post, Marilyn. God is in control, and this, too, shall pass...however, hopefully we will have come out of it stronger in our faith, and understanding; and richer in our relationship with God, our Father, and lover of our soul. Sometimes it takes bringing us to our knees to open our eyes to the truth about ourselves, and our priorities. We must be diligent....watch and pray as the wheat is separated from the chaff. Thank you for this beautiful post and video, Marilyn. You have such a heart for God, and boldness for sharing His Word. I so appreciate that about you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for sharing that special Psalm with us this morning, friend. my soul is in need of a good recalibration ...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for this special post Marilyn. I have always enjoyed that you share our God with us in the special way that you do.
    Love, Carla

    ReplyDelete
  13. My dear, precious friend! Thank you SO much for your sweet, encouraging, kind words. Oh, they truly meant so much to me today! I am honored that you shared the burden God placed on your heart with us, and it was such a blessing. This post is so beautiful, too, and so full of Holy Spirit inspiration, as are all of your writings. You are such a shining light to this dark world, and it is such a gift to have you in my life. I cherish your friendship more than I could ever put into words and thank the Lord so much for you. I so enjoyed traveling along with you on your drive via the video. It surely is beautiful there where you live. Sending much love and many hugs and blessings to you today!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What adorable post!Thank you. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you Marilyn for this post and the wonderful scriptures you quoted. It did help lift my heavy heart. It is so hard to be patient in the Lord, while many people are dying out there, mothers, grandmothers, fathers, grandfathers and even some young ones. Your beautiful drive and that majestic scenery was so nice to see! I loved the snow covered creek banks and the sounds of the water. I so miss water in my neck of the woods (what? no woods here!)..... and am hoping to go for a little drive this week on the nicest day, to one of our lakes. There are even a few trees there! Have a nice week! Hugs.. Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the virtual excursion. The scenery was beautiful . What a fun way to spend a few hours!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great passages you shares today! I enjoyed the virtual excursion too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I enjoyed this post, Marilyn, and the one you wrote for Cheryl. You are a gifted writer, my friend. I also enjoyed the video of your day trip and the pianist. I was so happy to hear her play "God Leads His Dear Children Along". That hymn is so precious to me. Thanks for sharing your heart with us. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh My Marilyn this was a lovely Palm Sunday post! With great scriptures. May his peace wash over us as we continue on this path of the unknown, and take peace in knowing that he knows! How wonderful that you were able to get out for a wonderful day before all this happened. I am so thankful that spring is here and we have this time to reflect on all he has done for us and will do for us in the future, how amazing he is!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello my friend, thank you for that beautiful video. I so love your pictures and now a video :)
    Thank you for being a wonderful friend and helping me with my walk with the Lord. You make me so happy! Thank you & I love you

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a beautiful post. Thank you Marilyn. I like Psalm 46.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you, Marilyn. A beautiful post. I enjoyed hearing the little stream playing along with the pretty piano music. I'm glad you were able to get out for a short time as things are quite different now. Stay safe and stay well..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Marilyn, thank you for such an encouraging uplifting post. It is in these trying times when we draw closer to God, we grow in our faith. His strength is made perfect in our weakness. xo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you, Marilyn for your beautiful words. I am finding great comfort and encouragement in God's word these days. He loves us so much.
    What a wonderful outing you had.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your post is beautiful! Your video a treat to watch. God, the source of all beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  26. "I want to encourage every heart reading this today that you do not have to believe the focus and the spin of social media about this situation. Instead, look to the Word of GOD, dig deep into its depths and find your source of strength." Yes, yes, yes!

    I just read your post over at Homespun Devotions! Thank you so much for words of encouragement!

    "It is in the darkest hours of life when all hope seems lost, that maybe, just maybe hope is being reborn in a way we've never discovered or seen before. Don't stop believing... but find yourself at the foot of the cross, in a prayer closet, on your knees. Find and hold onto your faith, because one thing I know for sure. His Word is true. It has been proven true throughout the ages of time. And this crisis we face today is no different than any past pandemic or crisis the world has seen. The parameters may be different, the face and nature of it may have changed, but one thing remains... our Lord reigns... and our hope in Him is secure."

    You are such a blessing sweet friend! I am looking forward to when we can meet for coffee again!

    Love,
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such beautiful and uplifting words, we must thank stay the course, and together we will overcome this struggle.
    Thank you for sharing your video, so very peaceful, in this time of uncertainty.
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you for sharing this beautiful, uplifting post, Marilyn...so much truth here. Nothing about what we are going through is a surprise to God! My prayer is that is changes me to make me be moe like Him. May you and your family enjoy a glorious Resurrection Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Dear Marilyn...what a beautiful and uplifting post. Thank you for sharing these words of encouragement. I surely needed to hear this today... Last night our president announced that lockdown will be extended by another two weeks...and the rules here are so strict...
    Everything is so topsy turvey in our world, and it is so easy to become cast down. But our hope is in Christ and He will hold us fast.
    Lovely to visit with you today...thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm a little late to this post, but it sure was an encouragement to me this evening. Thank you. And I will stop by Cheryl's and see your post there. I missed that one too. But maybe I just needed them today. xo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to me, and I appreciate each and every one, they are precious to me! I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog... this is what makes blogging worthwhile! Have a blessed day!

Labels

alpaca Annie apple pie apron baking bible study tea Big Shot birthday blessings blooms bone broth book book review bread camping Canada canning Charity Gayle Chicken and dumplings chicken fajitas chickens Christmas cinnamon tea comfort food coyote crocus cross Dad visit dandelion tea death Debt free deer devotion digital scrapbooking dill pickles dog dress dried raspberry leaves Easter Edna Moseley eggs elderberry syrup Ellgreave. face masks fall familycookbookproject fire flu flu remedy fog Foxwood Tea House game camera garden garden bluebird garden tea party gardening giveaway Gram greenhouse handmade blouse Handmade Club harvest hike homemade bread homemade tortillas homemade vanilla extract Homer Laughlin hummingbirds hurricane hyacinth inspirational inspirational post iron skillet biscuits January 2013 jelly joy keto kombucha light llama logging love story Lucky the Elephant miracle Mister Simba moose Mother's Day Mountains MTS Photography mudslide music video Northern Lights orange orange vinegar spray Paintbrush Cookies painting peace PEI photography Pico de gallo pie crust plums poem poetry praise prayer Prince Edward Island pumpkin pie puppy kiss rainbow recipe recipes red barn resurrection Riley robin Roger Rose Hips roses scallop die scripture journal season seasons seed starting sewing she-shed skies snake snow song sourdough spain spring springter squirrel Star of Bethlehem storm storms suffering summer sunflower sunflowers sunrise sunset sunshine tea tea exchange tea house Tea party tea time Tea Time Magazine teacup teacup exchange teapot texas Thanksgiving Through Love's Eyes tiramisu tomatoes travel Tribute Tulips turkey turkey soup turkeys Turnbull Wildlife Refuge video walk walk the dogs walking wedding wildlife winter wolf zucchini