Through Love's Eyes

Friday, December 8, 2023



I don't often share about my own personal writing journey, but many of you readers do know that I have written a book - Through Love's Eyes.  Because it is that time of year when people are looking to buy gifts for those they love, I wanted to share a few new things with you that may be a blessing to you in your search for a special way to bless your loved one this Christmas season! 




I wrote "Through Love's Eyes" back in 2019, and saw it published in April 2020 - just as the pandemic spread through the world.  It was a difficult season to market the book, but the Lord has blessed me with many local markets in our area being so kind as to sell my book.  


Here is a short video that I've made that you can share with your friends and loved ones who perhaps are looking for a gift for someone who "has it all".  It would be a blessing if you could share this video -  like my channel -  and let others know about this book that shares the Lord's love story written throughout creation for our hearts to be encouraged. 

 


I have a new and revamped website MountainTopSpice.com that I would love for you to visit and look around. Many of my photographs are there to see, as well as links to all the different platforms that I use to encourage others to walk with the Lord and share the beauty of the Lord's creation.  I have a Youtube channel where I produce music videos using my photographs making worship videos to glorify the Lord through the beauty of his creation.  

MountainTopSpice.com        


 Youtube channel


I have also started a new writing adventure - where I am writing in Kindle Vella. It is a platform within Kindle where authors can share their books in chapter form, as they write them, and then the book can be published. It allows for input from the reader, and helps the author with insight from readers on the story as they write. 


If you'd like to visit my Kindle Vella book, it is called "Adventures in Homesteading" where I share bits and pieces of our life here in North Idaho.  You can find the link to that story here.  ADVENTURES IN HOMESTEADING



Please let me know in the comments if you are familiar with this platform, and if following an author in this way would be of interest to you :) 


I have several friends who have also written books that have been published, and I want to share their website addresses here - so that if you are looking to be a double blessing with your gifting - this is how you can do it!  By blessing your loved one with a book that a fellow believer has written, you are blessing both the writer and the one who receives it.  I love to be able to do this - and shop locally every year - because I would rather my hard-earned $$ go towards blessing both the person I buy from and the person who receives it.  


If you have a book or a website that offers something you've crafted homemade - please message me, and I will include your link here for the readers to browse through. 


ELAYNE HUDSON - My sister has started her own business making men's ties! If you have a man in your life who needs to wear ties, you need to check out her website here: Real Menz Tiez  She makes these ties herself! They are color-coordinated, and different from any other ties out there.  Very high-quality, handmade ties - you definitely will love them!




CHERYL SMITH:  A dear friend and fellow blogger has two platforms, YouTube and her blog Homespun Devotions, where you can see all the books that she has written. Now she has a YouTube page where she shares her music - and it is full of beautiful music! 



PHILLIP JAMES - I lead a local writing group, and several of our members have published their books this year. I am so happy for them! If you'd like to support a first-time author, this would be a great book to read.  An incredible story unfolds of a young boy who thinks he has only one sibling to finding out that he has family and siblings all over the country - it is a fascinating read, and he shares how Christ transformed his life through it all.  TUMBLING TUMBLEWEED



MEGAN DALEY - Again, a member of my local writing group, and she has written several books that are not truly Christian in nature, but are written in the Christian genre.  You can find her books here MEGAN- DALEY.COM



MARTHA JANE ORLANDO - Martha Jane is a precious author and blogging friend who I've gotten to know through the years of blogging. She has written some wonderful children's fiction called The Glade series.  You can find more of her writings here.  



MRS. SHARON WHITE -  Mrs. Sharon White is a fellow blogger, and author, and now has her own YouTube channel! You will love her writing with practical advice for mothers and wives as homemakers.  You can find her books here:  The Legacy of Home



KIM WUERTZ - Kim leads a Christian online writing community - Christian Writers Sanctuary.   of which I am a part of.  Kim has published many books, and you can find more of her writing on Amazon.  




MAX-CHRISTIAN - An excellent writer and storyteller, Max takes us back to the beginning of time to tell "The Greatest Story" - he is also writing in the Kindle Vella platform, one chapter/episode at a time - he weaves a compelling story starting in the Garden of Eden. 



LANDEN MELTON - An incredible author, who has become a friend that is very helpful navigating the difficult world of modern technology, Landen has written several devotional books, and also is the owner of Devotable - an online devotional website that is devoted to encouraging believers to a closer walk with the Lord.  His website DEVOTABLE can be visited here. 




BILLIE JO -  A fellow blogger whose heart for her family I love has written a book available on Amazon! She wrote this book as a gift to her mother - but it will be a blessing to you as well! You can find her book here:  Afternoon Coffee



These are just a few people who are a part of my life, whose writing journey has been shared with me, and I always love to be a part of encouraging others in their small business and writing endeavors. 


Again, if you have a book or a website that offers something you've crafted homemade - or a book that you've written -  please message me, and I will include your link here for the readers to browse through!  


This is a busy season with so much happening, but all of these books are available online, and you can support a fellow Christian and bless the one you are giving to as well! 


May this season of gifting others not be overshadowed by material things - but may all of our hearts be transformed by the greatest gift of all given to us - Jesus who came as the greatest gift to all - and this is why we celebrate Christmas.  Our Christmas activities, decorating, and giving are done with Jesus at the core and center - may He be the focus and reason for all that we do! 


Many blessings to all of you this Christmas Season 

as we rejoice and celebrate the birth of Jesus our Lord and Savior! 

19 comments

  1. You have a great idea to post about your book and those of other Christians. I co-authored a Christian book about how to celebrate Christmas "Scrapbook of Christmas Firsts", published by Abilene Christian University Press, and your post reminded me to create a blog post for it. Terra Hangen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is wonderful Terra! I am including the link here for any readers who would be interested! https://store.acupressbooks.com/products/scrapbook_christmas_firsts Yes, definitely write a post about your book - many readers love to encourage first time authors :)

      Delete
  2. i have always Loved how you express your deepest love for Nature and God who has created her my friend!
    book introductory video is very nice
    how amazing Kindle has place for new writers . i will try to locate it definite soon in future near hopefully
    thank you for bringing us more close to divine! hugs and blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Baili! Yes, Kindle Vella would be a wonderful outlet for you. It takes some technical navigating to understand how it works - but it would be a wonderful way for you to share some of the beautiful writings that you have written through the years! Many blessings to you dear friend!

      Delete
  3. Hello! What a wonderful idea! Thank you for this. I messaged you about my little book about motherhood and family called Afternoon Coffee. I wrote it for my mother, who always inspires me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Billie! I just included your book in my list of authors - I didn't realize you had published a book! Thanks for letting me know :) What a wonderful way to bless your mother! Blessings to you dear friend!

      Delete
  4. This is wonderful, Marilyn. Your book sounds very nice. I actually have Billie Jo's book, and it is such a charming book with many down to earth stories about motherhood that I could relate to. I really enjoyed reading it. Your book sounds like it would be a nice gift for the Christmas season. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your book is lovely, Marilyn, I own a copy. I bought it when it first came out. I love hearing that you're starting a new book, too. I'll have to check it out and your new website, as well. I've always wanted to write a book and I think it's wonderful that you not only published one, but are moving on to a second. You truly are an inspiration!! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marilyn your book as well as all these special writers sound wonderful. Bless you for sharing and will be checking out each one. Hope your Christmas season is blessed with all of God's gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love your photography book, Marilyn, and I'm so thrilled that you mentioned me in your list of recommended reads. You are such a blessing!!! I'm looking forward to exploring the other authors you have mentioned here, too.
    Blessings always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear, sweet friend! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for including my book and YouTube channel on your list. I was so pleasantly surprised to see this! You are such a dear, precious blessing in my life, and I love and appreciate you dearly. I know each one of the featured artists is so deeply grateful for you sharing like this. May God richly bless you for all you do to build up His Kingdom. You are a Divine gift to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many thanks for this post and your recommendations.

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so grateful to have a copy of your beautiful book and I also have Cheryl’s books. I do have a book of my life that I did through Storyworth, that was a gift from my kids. I wrote answers to a question that was emailed to me each week and then edited it, added pictures and gave each grandchild a copy for Christmas last year. I enjoyed doing it.
    I hope you enjoy this beautiful advent season.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so thoughtful, Marilyn! I'm sure each of these creators appreciate that! I have friends who are self-published authors so I love that you encourage others to support others like them. :)
    I have never heard of Kindle Vella before. That's so unique!
    God bless,
    Valentine

    ReplyDelete
  12. the daughter of one of my best friends has also self published many fiction books for children with some kind of moral and has written some fiction for young adults. We are both actually submitting mini devotionals to be put into a larger devotional book that this young author's aunt is trying to get published...i don't think she's going to self publish though...i believe she wants to actually get it published by a Christian company. I'm not sure how it all works. I've been told by several people I should write my own testimony of being free from childhood sexual abuse.....it's a daunting task. I've written MANY entries in my private journal as part of my Christian based therapy I received for emotional and spiritual healing...not sure how I would put it all together in a book!! Hm...perhaps I should be thinking of that as a good winter project for the next couple of years now that I'm retired.

    Some of these books look like ones I'd enjoy!! Thanks for sharing all of this info

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know I use to be more of a reader but in the past few years I have gone away from that and only read the bible and devotional books now that we do as a life group at church. I do like a regular book over kindle though, I have had to read one that way and I just don't like it. I wish you all the best with all your endeavor's it sounds like you have a lot going.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing all those wonderful authors with us! I will be checking them out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Christmas blessings, dear Marilyn. I am grateful that our paths continue to cross and trust that God has something creative and productive for us to do in '24 that will bring Him joy and pleasure. Know that you are a delight to Him and to all of us who have the privilege of knowing you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So many talented and creative friends, Dear Marilyn, and you are an inspiration with your beautiful devotion and lovely lifestyle. Thank you for sharing! Blessings and hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to me, and I appreciate each and every one, they are precious to me! I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog... this is what makes blogging worthwhile! Have a blessed day!

Labels

alpaca Annie apple pie apron baking bible study tea Big Shot birthday blessings blooms bone broth book book review bread camping Canada canning Charity Gayle Chicken and dumplings chicken fajitas chickens Christmas cinnamon tea comfort food cookbook coyote crocus cross Dad visit dandelion tea death Debt free deer devotion digital scrapbooking dill pickles dog dress dried raspberry leaves Easter Edna Moseley eggs elderberry syrup Ellgreave. face masks fall familycookbookproject fire flu flu remedy fog Foxwood Tea House game camera garden garden bluebird garden tea party gardening giveaway Gram greenhouse handmade blouse Handmade Club harvest hike homemade bread homemade tortillas homemade vanilla extract Homer Laughlin hummingbirds hurricane hyacinth inspirational inspirational post iron skillet biscuits January 2013 jelly joy keto kombucha light llama logging love story Lucky the Elephant miracle Mister Simba moose Mother's Day Mountains MTS Photography mudslide music video Northern Lights orange orange vinegar spray Paintbrush Cookies painting peace PEI photography Pico de gallo pie crust plums poem poetry praise prayer Prince Edward Island pumpkin pie puppy kiss rainbow recipe recipes red barn resurrection Riley robin Roger Rose Hips roses scallop die scripture journal season seasons seed starting sewing she-shed skies snake snow song sourdough spain spring springter squirrel Star of Bethlehem storm storms suffering summer sunflower sunflowers sunrise sunset sunshine tea tea exchange tea house Tea party tea time Tea Time Magazine teacup teacup exchange teapot texas Thanksgiving Through Love's Eyes tiramisu tomatoes travel Tribute Tulips turkey turkey soup turkeys Turnbull Wildlife Refuge video walk walk the dogs walking wedding wildlife winter wolf zucchini