Christmas Blessings and New Year Wishes!

Saturday, December 30, 2023

Merry CHRISTmas and Happy New Year blessings to each of you dear friends! This season has been a blur of activity for us - and I'm sure for you too. It seems the days slip by more and more quickly. Here we are with CHRISTmas come and gone for another season, and the New Year of 2024 upon us! It has been a busy but wonderful season of remembering our Lord, and the love He showed us by coming to save us 2000+ years ago! 


We still don't have much snow - and if you know me, and how much I love snow - that I do wish for more, but I will be content with whatever the Lord sends us. 


There is a little tea shoppe in town, and while my husband was doing some shopping, I was able to sit and enjoy a cup of tea.  I ordered a scone - I had NO IDEA  the scone was this big! It was scrumptious! 


A neighbor called me a few days before Christmas and said she had purchased something for me. She was so excited.  I was too when I opened the beautiful stone clock with the 10 commandments on it! She is Jewish, and not a believer in Christ. But she said when she saw this clock, it spoke to her that I was the person who lived this out. What a blessing! I can't even tell you what this clock means to me! By the way, this precious neighbor is 92 years old and still lives by herself, walks every day, drives over to the coast, and looks no older than her 70s. She is an amazing person who inspires everyone who knows her. 



A closer view! 



Another neighbor held a neighborly Christmas gathering.  Several years ago, they moved into our neighborhood, and we have become close friends ever since.  They bought a large parcel of land with only a barn and have been remodeling it into a home.  Both she and her husband were commercial carpenters, and their son also is a carpenter. It is amazing what they have done with the home! They have incorporated the stalls into rooms, and it is truly incredible all the work they've done. They put in a heated floor - wow! 


They cut a large tree on their property to bring inside. Isn't it a beauty! 


Riley enjoyed visiting with their puppy too. Lots of treats were involved :) 


Beautiful sunrises this December! I praise the Lord for each and every one! 



Riley loves to stick her nose in the snow  - I remember how Annie-girl, our husky German Shepherd used to do the same. It makes me miss Annie-girl so much! (She passed away unexpectedly in March of this year). 



On Christmas Eve, I was coming home from church,
and this beautiful moose ran across the road in front of me.  


I turned around to get a picture - and she or he (not sure!) stopped to watch me, and pose so graciously for my phone camera.  What a treat to see! 



It was a wonderful experience! I think she (or he) posed beautifully for this greeting! 




Dan, Riley, and I walked Christmas morning together as this sunrise unfolded before us! My heart was so grateful for this beautiful start to the day of celebrating the birth of Jesus. 



I came home from our walk, got the turkey in the oven, and made a breakfast casserole. The kids came over and we ate breakfast together.  




I had the table set with Mom Moseley's china
that she gave to me several years ago. 


Ryan read the Christmas story to us, and then we prayed together
before beginning our gift-giving. 



My Mom had been very busy sewing and worked so hard to make 18 pillows for every child and grandchild out of one of Dad's shirts. Each shirt had pictures of Dad wearing the shirt, a pen, a comb, a hankie, and a pin from Dad's collection (flags, etc.) What an incredible gift this was! 


Ryan and Alanna with the pillow Mom had made for them -
Ryan and Dad shared a love for classic cars. 




My sister put together this collage of each one of the family members with the pillow Mom made for them, and then she wrote a poem to go with it. Isn't that the most special gift!  We were so touched by Mom's effort to ease our sorrow this Christmas season with missing Dad! 


Danielle and Zak brought over their adorable corgi, Mr. Cerberus. This was a rare moment for him, he was spent from all the excitement! 



Enjoying the CHRISTmas meal together - how blessed we are to have Christ living in each of our hearts - even though He was born 2000+ years ago, He still lives today in our hearts, and how I rejoice that our family can gather to celebrate the joy JESUS has brought into our lives! 









I created two Christmas instrumental videos that you can just put on, and play in the background as we finish out the Christmas season and ponder the coming New Year.  I hope they will be a blessing for you to enjoy :) 




And though the actual day of CHRISTmas has come and gone - the day that was chosen to celebrate His birth -  let us keep the celebration, wonder and joy alive in our hearts through the coming days and into the New Year.  

May the wonder of His gracious gift to us be with you in the days ahead! 

Many blessings to each of you! 

21 comments

  1. Dearest Marilyn,
    That was indeed a very memorable Christmas for you and your family.
    Your Mom created such special gifts for all of her family, with the fabric of your Dad's shirts...
    Wishing you and yours a quiet and peaceful New Year's Eve and a Happy and Healthy 2024!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pillows are such a sweet and precious gift that will be treasured. Your gatherings all looked wonderful. What a joy to celebrate Christ with those who love and worship Him, too. A very Happy New Year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very special and memorable gift your mother created!! WOW.

    And that clock!! Well....God DID give the Jewish people the commandments!! So it's perfect that your neighbor (She looks amazing for 92!!) thought of you. ...and she isn't a Christ follower, yet!! I'm guessing your example speaks volumes to her. Jesus left us New Testament born again believers with 2 great commands: to love the Lord our God with all our souls, hearts, and minds; and to Love our neighbors as ourselves. You are that to her. Loving on her, accepting her amazing gift, and shining His Light. I'll pray for her to come to Salvation!!

    HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing gift those shirts were! I have thought I would like to do something similar to this when my father in law passes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely family and beautiful celebration of our dear Savior's birth. Such sweet and touching gifts from your neighbor and your dear Mom. What a special remembrance for you all. It's difficult to have those empty chairs at the table, especially on Christmas, but all the love remains in the smiling faces of family. What a treat to see the moose, and then to serve the meal on your dear one's china. Even the sweet pups look happy and content. Blessings to you and your family in the coming new year, dear Marilyn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, my friend! What an absolutely lovely gift!!!! I so enjoyed sharing your beautiful family Christmas. Happy and Blessed New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a precious post Marilyn. First of all, your beautiful neighbor. You can just tell what a lovely person she is in her photo. She must think the world of you and your example of Christ to her. That clock is just spectacular. I've never seen one like it.
    The pillows your Mom made are so beautiful and thoughtful of her, when you know she is grieving so much herself. I'm sure with each stitch she was thinking of your Dad and reliving the memories of when he wore each shirt. She is a special woman to think of doing this for you all at such a difficult time for her.
    I absolutely love your neighbors tree. It reminds me so much of the trees around the lakes in NE Washington and N Idaho. Oh, how I miss it. I appreciate so much the photos you share in each post. I pour over each mountaintop and tree line with my eyes, remembering the smell of the pine trees.
    Your family is so beautiful and look so happy to be there with you and Dan. How blessed you are to have them close.
    Praying for a spirit filled New Year for you and yours Marilyn. We know God has a plan and we just need to hold on for the ride! He will be with us every moment.
    Blessings and love,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marilyn, I just knew you must have a terrific Christmas, and you did! The clock gift was a delight to see and I know you will cherish it from your friend. Loved seeing the converted "barn" decorated and full of people! Have a wonderful and loving New Year. Lynn and Precious

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you a beautiful Happy New Year, Marilyn.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A sweet post to end the year with, Marilyn! Even with the losses in 2023, your family still clings to God, knowing He is your All in All.
    How sweet of your neighbor! She seems very kind. May she one day believe in Christ as Messiah.
    I wish you and your family a Happy New Year!
    Valentine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marilyn, such a lovely post. The neighbors are so talented remodeling their barn into a house. That is a huge Christmas tree. The moose is amazing! Love the treasured pillows as gifts. The clock gift from your lovely neighbor is so perfect for you. May this new year bring you and your sweet family good health, prosperity, happiness and love. blessings.

    Linda ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  12. those are wonderful gifts for everyone to receive from your mom. So nice that your kids could be with you too. How special to see that moose, I have only seen Elk never a moose.
    Wishing you a Very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wishing you and yours a Happy,Healthy and Blessed New Year
    Joan,Marion and Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year, Marilyn! Thank you so much for dropping by my blog and leaving your sweet comment. Those pillows are precious. My children were given teddy bears made from their father's shirts...similar sentiments!!! What an amazing gift your mom gave to all of you...especially if she is in her own season of grief. I look forward to reading more of your writing and poking around your blog. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The clock from your neighbour is an interesting piece. So very thoughtful of her.
    Riley is gorgeous!
    Thank you for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So many fun things, Marilyn! I'm wishing all good things for you for the new year, and for myself - a gigantic scone.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. It looks like you had a most joyeous and wonderful Christmas Marilyn! The shirts your mom made into pillows are amazing and wonderful and so heart-felt, I'm sure, by each recipient! And the collage and poem are beautifiul. I want to keep using the words amazing and wonderful, over and over again! How fortunate you are to be able to have your family together for Christmas Day! And your neighbor of age 92 was so thoughtful to give you that clock. She looks so lively and just sparkles! It's just beautifiul.. and your neighbors' Christmas gathering in the log barn/home looks like it was fun and welcoming. How neat/wonderful/great to have such wonderful (again?) neighbors! How else can I describe your wonderful (again?) community that you live in! Hugs to you! Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  18. A lovely family Christmas, I enjoyed seeing your photographs.
    Sending my good wishes for a Happy New Year.

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    PS Your breakfast casserole looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like a very busy Christmas there at your house. I loved seeing the family around the table! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  20. happy new year, dear Marilyn. let's see what God has for us in these months ahead. meanwhile, thank you for the moose, friend. what a way to start the day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aw, what a beautiful post, sweet friend! I loved seeing it. I teared up as I saw what your mom did. That was so incredibly sweet of her to do right in the midst of her own grief. And the collage your sister made was so beautiful. I know you miss him and Mom Moseley so much. May God continue to bless and comfort your dear hearts. Sending much love to you today.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to me, and I appreciate each and every one, they are precious to me! I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog... this is what makes blogging worthwhile! Have a blessed day!

Labels

alpaca Annie apple pie apron baking bible study tea Big Shot birthday blessings blooms bone broth book book review bread camping Canada canning Charity Gayle Chicken and dumplings chicken fajitas chickens Christmas cinnamon tea comfort food cookbook coyote crocus cross Dad visit dandelion tea death Debt free deer devotion digital scrapbooking dill pickles dog dress dried raspberry leaves Easter Edna Moseley eggs elderberry syrup Ellgreave. face masks fall familycookbookproject fire flu flu remedy fog Foxwood Tea House game camera garden garden bluebird garden tea party gardening giveaway Gram greenhouse handmade blouse Handmade Club harvest hike homemade bread homemade tortillas homemade vanilla extract Homer Laughlin hummingbirds hurricane hyacinth inspirational inspirational post iron skillet biscuits January 2013 jelly joy keto kombucha light llama logging love story Lucky the Elephant miracle Mister Simba moose Mother's Day Mountains MTS Photography mudslide music video Northern Lights orange orange vinegar spray Paintbrush Cookies painting peace PEI photography Pico de gallo pie crust plums poem poetry praise prayer Prince Edward Island pumpkin pie puppy kiss rainbow recipe recipes red barn resurrection Riley robin Roger Rose Hips roses scallop die scripture journal season seasons seed starting sewing she-shed skies snake snow song sourdough spain spring springter squirrel Star of Bethlehem storm storms suffering summer sunflower sunflowers sunrise sunset sunshine tea tea exchange tea house Tea party tea time Tea Time Magazine teacup teacup exchange teapot texas Thanksgiving Through Love's Eyes tiramisu tomatoes travel Tribute Tulips turkey turkey soup turkeys Turnbull Wildlife Refuge video walk walk the dogs walking wedding wildlife winter wolf zucchini