Friday, March 27, 2015

A SPLASH of Color... Simple Things

I've got something simple to share .... 

it's just a splash of color ...


A simple bouquet of carnations called my name ...


... and I just couldn't pass them by! 


I had to stop, and look 
and by then it was too late!


Those lovely carnations are now mine! 


Something little and simple, yet a treasure find.... 



I found this quaint poem in a collection I have 
that poetically says it all: 

Simple Things

by Beverly Anderson 

The fragrance of the early morn
The sunlight on the sill
The smell of coffee perking, and 
Outside, the robin's trill.

A friend's voice on the telephone
A child with smiling face
A letter from a loved one dear
Some flowers in a vase. 

Just little things, these treasures mine,
And yet somehow I find
They brighten my entire day
With cheer and peace of mind. 


May your day be blessed with a treasure find 
that brings "cheer and peace of mind" to you today!

9 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous bouquet of color! It's like you captured a rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is just like the colors of a rainbow with the vivid colors. Really brightens up my kitchen!

      Delete
  2. What a lovely bouquet....thank you for sharing with us and brightening our day also.
    Have a beautiful day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it brightened your day! And thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. Very pretty! I love the blue carnations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so pretty, although after reading the package they are "painted", so not their true colors, but I love them anyway! :)

      Delete
  4. I was just reading your sweet comment on my blog, and I clicked on your name and lo and behold, you have a blog! I do the same thing in the flower section at our grocery, just linger for a while and smell the goodness. I loved that little poem up there too, brought a tear to my eyes. Happy Easter Week dear one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming over for a visit! I look forward to getting to know you better. Have a blessed and wonderful weekend :)

      Delete
  5. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to me, and I appreciate each and every one, they are precious to me! I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog... this is what makes blogging worthwhile! Have a blessed day!