Lemon Bread and Tea

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Some time ago a sweet friend (who I have met through blogging) posted a recipe for Lemon Bread. She has a wonderful blog where she shares her thoughts, recipes, and life, and always has an encouraging word.  I hope you will pop over there to see her blog, and to pick up the recipe for this lemon bread!


So, when I saw her post about Lemon Bread and Tea Please, it just so happened that I had lemons that were needing to be used up, so I printed off the recipe, and made the bread that night.  I had no idea how much I was going to love this bread!



The first time I made this bread, I made a single loaf of bread.  But this time - the second time around - I doubled the recipe - it is that good my friends!


You will not be able to resist another piece  - or two - when you taste the tangy-sweet glaze that is brushed over the top of the bread as soon as it comes out of the oven ...


This lovely loaf of lemon bread just called out for a steaming cup of hot tea in one of my favorite tea cups.


I have no idea where I acquired this tea cup, but the delicate rose design outlined with gold is stunning, and always brings me joy when I sip tea from it.



Come along inside...
We'll see if tea and buns can make the world a better place
The Wind in the Willows


Come and share a pot of tea
My home is warm and my friendship's free
Emilie Barnes

You can never get a cup of tea large enough
or a book long enough to suit me. ~ C. S. Lewis




There are few hours in life more agreeable 
than the hour devoted to the ceremony 
known as afternoon tea. 
Henry James



So today, I will leave  you with this thought:

May your day be blessed 
with the sweetness of friendship, 
the comfort of family, 
and the near presence of our Lord!

14 comments

  1. I saved that recipe she posted, too, but haven't made it yet. I am off sugar and don't want to tempt myself but I could just about lick the screen here. lol xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless your sweet heart - you're still sweet without a dab of sugar! :D Going off sugar is certainly a challenge. Less sugar would be better for all of us! I had to laugh at your "licking the screen" comment! LOL!

      Delete
    2. Diana's right. I nearly licked the screen, too. I've made this lemon bread decades ago now and it is supreme lemon dream goodness. But like Diana, I've taken myself off of refined sugar. Hmm. I wonder if the recipe could be adapted with agave?

      Hugs all around,
      Kelley~

      Delete
    3. Haha... you're right, it is good enough to lick the screen, but I promise the screen won't taste as good, lol! Not fun going off refined sugar, but a good thing really, if you can stick to it. I bet you could adjust the recipe with agave! It would be worth a try...

      Delete
  2. I am going to go over and have a look at her recipe. I do have a lemon loaf recipe with a glaze and it is yummy. I love your teacup and I'd love to sit down together with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the glaze is what makes this lemon bread so special. I would enjoy a cup of tea with you so much too, and I have many beautiful tea cups to choose from :)

      Delete
  3. I will be over soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, thank you for sharing my link to this recipe. You are so sweet. Yes, this bread is definitely addicting! I would love to come over and have a recipe swap over tea. Now that would be fun! I hope you have a great evening! Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to do that! Too bad we are more than a few miles away from each other! A recipe swap would be a ton of fun :)

      Delete
  5. Do you have Lemon Essential Oil? If so, try it in your recipe. Easy. It's strong. g

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok! I don't have any lemon essential oil, but it is on my list to buy :) I wonder how it works... 1 drop for a teaspoon of lemon juice? Not sure on that... but a great idea!

      Delete
  6. The link did not work for me. Just brings me back to this post... help! Angela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just checked on the link, and redid it and it should be working now - sorry for your troubles! And thank you so much for letting me know!!!! Should the link not work here is the direct address: http://godsgraceoverflows.blogspot.com/2015/02/lemon-bread-and-tea-please.html

      Delete

Your comments are blessings to me, and I appreciate each and every one, they are precious to me! I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog... this is what makes blogging worthwhile! Have a blessed day!

Labels

alpaca Annie apple pie apron baking bible study tea Big Shot birthday blessings blooms bone broth book book review bread camping Canada canning Charity Gayle Chicken and dumplings chicken fajitas chickens Christmas cinnamon tea comfort food coyote crocus cross Dad visit dandelion tea death Debt free deer devotion digital scrapbooking dill pickles dog dress dried raspberry leaves Easter Edna Moseley eggs elderberry syrup Ellgreave. face masks fall familycookbookproject fire flu flu remedy fog Foxwood Tea House game camera garden garden bluebird garden tea party gardening giveaway Gram greenhouse handmade blouse Handmade Club harvest hike homemade bread homemade tortillas homemade vanilla extract Homer Laughlin hummingbirds hurricane hyacinth inspirational inspirational post iron skillet biscuits January 2013 jelly joy keto kombucha light llama logging love story Lucky the Elephant miracle Mister Simba moose Mother's Day Mountains MTS Photography mudslide music video Northern Lights orange orange vinegar spray Paintbrush Cookies painting peace PEI photography Pico de gallo pie crust plums poem poetry praise prayer Prince Edward Island pumpkin pie puppy kiss rainbow recipe recipes red barn resurrection Riley robin Roger Rose Hips roses scallop die scripture journal season seasons seed starting sewing she-shed skies snake snow song sourdough spain spring springter squirrel Star of Bethlehem storm storms suffering summer sunflower sunflowers sunrise sunset sunshine tea tea exchange tea house Tea party tea time Tea Time Magazine teacup teacup exchange teapot texas Thanksgiving Through Love's Eyes tiramisu tomatoes travel Tribute Tulips turkey turkey soup turkeys Turnbull Wildlife Refuge video walk walk the dogs walking wedding wildlife winter wolf zucchini