A Stream of Consciousness

Monday, January 14, 2013


(Warning! … Here comes a stream of consciousness)

Well hello!  Glad to see you’re back…

So.  I promised I would share my thoughts on how my blog was given its name. 

I always keep my promises. 

Too bad for you! Ha!

Have you ever sat staring a blank piece of paper trying to brainstorm …. and all you keep getting is a whole lot of










Nothing!

Hmmm…  Well, that’s how I was feeling when I faced myself with the task of somehow coming up with a name to identify myself with this blog.  Blogging after all is somehow an expression of who you are and what you are trying to express.  So of course… I wanted it to be really profound… you know… one that just grabs your attention and doesn’t let you go until you just have to know what was said… right?

Well… I had a blank piece of paper in front of me… trying to come up with something really profound about me.

But … I’m not a profound person… not at all.  Sigh.

More blank stares at the blank page…. 

Ok… do you really want to know just how dumb some of my “titles” were?

Let’s see… are you ready for this?  I hope so….

Spices from my life   (eww … how dull… can’t imagine anyone wanting to read that exciting blog)

Bits n pieces  (mmmm I need some M&Ms right now!)

Teapots – n – thoughts   (stop and get a cup of tea… nope… )

More staring at the page…. Another sip of hot tea… well… would this one work?

Teapot Thoughts    (Nope....Sigh)

Ok… how about this one?

Pieces of My Heart   (Yikes, that one sounds like it hurts!)

Sigh. More stares….

From My Teacup to Yours   (Only my teacup is now empty… )

Slices of My Life   (No… but I will take a slice of that apple pie Mom!)

Ok… back to work.  Quit thinking about food I tell myself…

Looking outside…. Ahh…

Footprints in the Snow (Only thing is… they’ll melt in the spring.  Not good!)

Pots, Plants and Thoughts   (My pots and plants are sadly all in my basement.  No inspiration from those right now!)

Grains of Sand Along My Pathway   (I can’t see any sand …. Only ice… maybe I need some ice melt…)

Snowflakes n Snowbanks …. (Now we’re talking.  Now THIS is something I could wax eloquent on!  My source of inspiration from snow should be endless… right!)

Sunflowers n Roses  (what? What flowers? Roses? Huh? Sigh.  Must be dreaming! Roses in winter. I really am losing it.  Sigh.)

I think I need to go back to the blank page…








Oh! How about this one?

Mountaintop Thoughts …. (Oh. Now.  Maybe  just maybe we’re talking. Like getting close.)

Mountain Top… Mountain Top… Mountain Top… what?

…. Well, it’s time for lunch. That cup of tea didn’t help much, and I never did find those M&Ms, and Mom’s apple pie is all the way in Texas.  I’m in trouble.  It’s time for some real food!

So… heading to the kitchen… and oh my… it hits me… like really…

Mountain Top Spices….


So. There. You. Have. It. 

Brilliant. Eloquent.  Totally Me. 

so... do you get it? 

Well, let me explain.... I live in Idaho, with mountains all around, and all the inspiration I receive on a daily basis here have become the spice of life for me!

Come back soon (I’ll try to crawl out from under the table I’ve climbed under)

… and we'll try to get back to our regular programming here at Mountain Top Spices….

Until then….


Stay Warm!

This is our weather today - freezing rain. mixed with snow.. how's yours?


1 comment

  1. Oh, how I miss you! :-) Love ~ Patty G.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to me, and I appreciate each and every one, they are precious to me! I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog... this is what makes blogging worthwhile! Have a blessed day!

Labels

alpaca Annie apple pie apron baking bible study tea Big Shot birthday blessings blooms bone broth book book review bread camping Canada canning Charity Gayle Chicken and dumplings chicken fajitas chickens Christmas cinnamon tea comfort food coyote crocus cross Dad visit dandelion tea death Debt free deer devotion digital scrapbooking dill pickles dog dress dried raspberry leaves Easter Edna Moseley eggs elderberry syrup Ellgreave. face masks fall familycookbookproject fire flu flu remedy fog Foxwood Tea House game camera garden garden bluebird garden tea party gardening giveaway Gram greenhouse handmade blouse Handmade Club harvest hike homemade bread homemade tortillas homemade vanilla extract Homer Laughlin hummingbirds hurricane hyacinth inspirational inspirational post iron skillet biscuits January 2013 jelly joy keto kombucha light llama logging love story Lucky the Elephant miracle Mister Simba moose Mother's Day Mountains MTS Photography mudslide music video Northern Lights orange orange vinegar spray Paintbrush Cookies painting peace PEI photography Pico de gallo pie crust plums poem poetry praise prayer Prince Edward Island pumpkin pie puppy kiss rainbow recipe recipes red barn resurrection Riley robin Roger Rose Hips roses scallop die scripture journal season seasons seed starting sewing she-shed skies snake snow song sourdough spain spring springter squirrel Star of Bethlehem storm storms suffering summer sunflower sunflowers sunrise sunset sunshine tea tea exchange tea house Tea party tea time Tea Time Magazine teacup teacup exchange teapot texas Thanksgiving Through Love's Eyes tiramisu tomatoes travel Tribute Tulips turkey turkey soup turkeys Turnbull Wildlife Refuge video walk walk the dogs walking wedding wildlife winter wolf zucchini